FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Tuesday @ SAM'S Cancelled :(
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
Tiki Tuesday @ SAM'S Cancelled :(
Tiki Lion
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-08 3:33 pm   Permalink

Cool beans.

Let me know in this thread how to recognize you!

View Profile of Tiki Lion Send a personal message to Tiki Lion  Email Tiki Lion     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-08 8:19 pm   Permalink

WOOHOO! Sam's is Back and so is its Aloha Spirit, Thanks to The Smokin Menehunes

Whalerider, The Sperm Whale, TikiTena, & Big Tiki Dude(Tiki-Rabbit way in the Back)

WooHooWahine & TikiTatt

Riptide, Bong, Whalerider, & The Sperm Whale

The $5 Mai Tais were Tiki-rrrific!!

Crazy Al unwrapping SoccerTiki's Newest Treasure

Everybody Dance Now.....

Crazy Al joined in on the coconuts

Bong

We are all looking forward to next Tuesday!!!

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-08-08 20:21 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-08 9:37 pm   Permalink

What a great time at Sam's last night. WooHoo thanks for posting the pics. It is always crazy to look back at an event and see things you don't remember doing.

It was cool to meet some new TCers out there. Tikitatt, Mahalo for the medicine.

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lion
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-09 01:50 am   Permalink

Excellent WooHooWahine, thank you very much; that leaves only Polynesiac.

Polynesiac, you have 303 hours and ten minutes!

View Profile of Tiki Lion Send a personal message to Tiki Lion  Email Tiki Lion     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-09 5:24 pm   Permalink

Great to see everyone! Thanks for coming! Unfortunately, I could not stay and had to jet the moment we stopped playing, (due to the fact that I work the early shift the next morning, and was slightly injured that night). Great to have C-Al up there with us again....(always makes me happy to see and hear him play) and especially cool to see Big Tiki Dude, RT, Woohoo, Soccer and all the rest! I really enjoyed the 4 Marshall Island dancers-they were very professional, despite being so young!! I'll tell you what, the Smoking Menehunes always pulls in great dancers from the islands...must be the polynesian sound we make!!

Soccertiki, I will work on that smile! (hard to that night, as Palika and Tikibong tried to beat me up in the parking lot just prior to our performance...if you look really close, you can see that my face swelled up, and I was bleeding from the ear..kind of put me in a bad mood. Oh well, I am bring some friends next time, (Including my brother, Steve Vigor, who is a professional MMA fighter)so it won't be two against just one)

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-09 6:35 pm   Permalink

Hey everyone,

I really had an awesome time. The drinks were really awesome as well as the service being awesome. Overall the entire evening was just awesome!

Mahalo,
Tikitatt

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-10 10:23 am   Permalink

Aloha Kakou:

The Smokin' Menehunes have been designated the house band for Sam's
Seafood
in Sunset Beach, and will be performing for special events held at the
restaurant. Our next performance there is scheduled for Thursday
evening,
August 16th.

The 'Tiki Tuesdays' venue will continue with various entertainment.

Just a short note to keep you all informed.

Mahalo and a hui hou!
Palika

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lion
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 1:15 pm   Permalink

"Various entertainment?"
?
?
So the 21st could turn out to be slam-dancing, beer-spitting, punk-hop?
?
?
!!!
?
@#*$%&@*%$#!!!!!!!
??
?
OK gang, we continue undaunted... but this may call for more Mai Tai's...

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-10 1:28 pm   Permalink

Everyone needs to go in on Tuesdays and ask where The Smokin Menehune's are

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-10 6:14 pm   Permalink

maybe Martini Kings?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lion
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-11 01:33 am   Permalink

Hey, I'm not *that* fussy... (all those who know me better: please, just let me have the moment...)

But I do think a backup plan is a good idea.

Like more Mai Tai's.

I'm in favor of voting to keep Sam's on the Tiki Up with our presence, as regular as possible.

Like I said, 08/21/07: I'll start the flow for the faithful.

And please, someone, let Polynesiac know the clock's still ticking...

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Lion 2007-08-11 01:35 ]

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-11 07:47 am   Permalink

This is the danger for our scene, my band or any other tiki band for that matter:

You have this historic polynesian-American restaraunt. Ambience galore. Looks exactly like the Tahitian Terrace at Disneyland, actually even better...but then you go in the bar, which is an awesome Tiki bar, and lo and behold.....get to hear Usher and Beyonce and R. Kelly playing. And that's where a majority of the customers are gathered.

I just don't get it. Would it be that much extra effort to play some Martin Denny over the sound system? Did customers complain "Hey, I came in here looking for a drink, and was turned off by the sound of Vibes and birdcalls...please put some lame hip hop back on or I will leave"

I am sure there are people on this board (me included) that would gladly supply the owners of Sam's with a nice sampler CD. After all, most of us are well stocked with music for our own tiki bars!!

It's a tiki bar. You can get hip hop right down the street at your local sports bar, of which there are 22,000 just in orange county (at last count.) How about something unique for a change.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-11 10:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-11 07:47, lucas vigor wrote:
This is the danger for our scene, my band or any other tiki band for that matter:

You have this historic polynesian-American restaraunt. Ambience galore. Looks exactly like the Tahitian Terrace at Disneyland, actually even better...but then you go in the bar, which is an awesome Tiki bar, and lo and behold.....get to hear Usher and Beyonce and R. Kelly playing. And that's where a majority of the customers are gathered.

I just don't get it. Would it be that much extra effort to play some Martin Denny over the sound system? Did customers complain "Hey, I came in here looking for a drink, and was turned off by the sound of Vibes and birdcalls...please put some lame hip hop back on or I will leave"

I am sure there are people on this board (me included) that would gladly supply the owners of Sam's with a nice sampler CD. After all, most of us are well stocked with music for our own tiki bars!!

It's a tiki bar. You can get hip hop right down the street at your local sports bar, of which there are 22,000 just in orange county (at last count.) How about something unique for a change.

Here hear ! I need to send Sam's a Tikiyaki Orchestra CD.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2007-08-11 12:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-11 10:26, tikiyaki wrote:
Here hear ! I need to send Sam's a Tikiyaki Orchestra CD.

Tikiyaki-
I gave them your CD and they couldn't get it to play!?! They run their sound system off an apple computer.

For what it's worth Demi- The Royal Hawaiian (formally in Laguna Beach) used to play hawaiian/exotica music until about 9:30pm then crank it up the rest of the night. It was great for ambiance for the dinner and tiki crowd and then it was great for the drinking crowd you're targeting.
And they were packed every weekend!!! Don't get me wrong! We like the party music too! But hearing the same songs over and over puts you in a trance and makes you want to head out the door.

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-11 1:40 pm   Permalink

Can't we wait another few weeks before we start complaining about Sam's?
Isn't it enough right now that it's back?
And that they have mugs?
And decent food?

Trust me no one loves to complain more than me* but every other post is a complaint -
"It's back but it's not exactly the same."
"The drinks suck!"
"I don't like pastel mugs"
"The music sucks"
"The food is too expensive"

If you don't like the music wear your iPod (But don't try to put any of Tikiyaki Orchestra's Ginormous files into it) and if you don't like the drinks get a head start at home. I'm sure we all can make better ones at home. In fact if you have the music and you can make better drinks... Just stay home.

I don't mind the place the way it is and I'm happy that it's back with owners that seem to be trying. When I was there last weekend the Hip Hop didn't start until after 10 and that was fine with me. Just give the place a minute to find out what works and then constructive criticism would be fine and probably welcomed but has it even been 6 weeks yet?

*I honestly love to complain.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation