FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Any Tiki Burners in the Tribe? BURNING MAN 2007
Any Tiki Burners in the Tribe? BURNING MAN 2007
Hukilau Brown
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-06 03:58 am   Permalink

Hukilau Brown is celebrating his 10 year Burniversary.

The Tiki Tour Adventure Van is headed to the playa!
It's kinda like a luau. Theres booze and lotza things on fire.

any tiki tribe gonna be there?

*CLASSIFIED*
Room Crawl Veteran
"I survived 135"

Palu Ohana, Hale Ka'ahele
Pacific Palisades, CA

Home of "Palu, the Wonder Tiki"

View Profile of Hukilau Brown Send a personal message to Hukilau Brown  Email Hukilau Brown Goto the website of Hukilau Brown     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 07:30 am   Permalink

What are the dates again?

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hukilau Brown
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-06 1:00 pm   Permalink

last week in Aug.

check out

burningman.com

View Profile of Hukilau Brown Send a personal message to Hukilau Brown  Email Hukilau Brown Goto the website of Hukilau Brown     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tigerlily
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-08-06 11:18 pm   Permalink

I'll be going for the first time. I'm trying to figure out what to take etc. We need to meet up.

View Profile of Tigerlily Send a personal message to Tigerlily      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Al-ii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 06:59 am   Permalink

You need a bike, sunscreen, bottled water, some warm clothes, it gets cold on the Playa, a tent, a chair, some food, clothing is optional. make sure to see the fashion show and the opera. Fuck!!! I'm not doing anything else? It is worth the drive.
From 99

THUNDERDOME!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Al-ii 2007-08-07 07:00 ]

View Profile of Al-ii Send a personal message to Al-ii  Email Al-ii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-07 6:11 pm   Permalink

Over 500 clams for 2 people? Don't have it.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tigerlily

Posted: 2007-08-08 11:26 pm   Permalink

Al,

thanks for the cool photos... great costumes, looks like a blast.. i'm getting excited. i've wanted to go forever and lost interest after so many years went bye. so this is the year.

View Profile of Tigerlily Send a personal message to Tigerlily      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2007-08-09 12:46 am   Permalink

Hey, I was there in '99 too! As well as '94, '95, and '96. In fact my music project performed there in '96. Those photos from '99 look positively quaint compared to what's been going on recently. Expect 45 to 50 thousand people. Reverend Al (ex head-honcho of the LA Cacophony Society) said in '96 that Burning Man was not fun for them anymore because they were no longer allowed to use dynamite in their performances. I have to agree that it ain't what it used to be, but given the right mindset it is still a great time. Nevertheless, if I ever go again, it will only be with an RV.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-03 12:32 pm   Permalink

I went in 1999 and had a blast! My friend and I had one tent for ourselves, and
one tent just for our costumes and props. We decorated our bikes which were really
necessary for covering great distances on the playa. I do recall hooking up with
some tiki people drinking cocktails....

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tigerlily

Posted: 2007-09-10 12:19 am   Permalink

I survived my first Burning Man with a record number of more than 48,000 folks, extreme weather conditions including white outs that lasted for hours with zero visibility and massive destruction to the tents and shelters and temperatures during the day of over 100. The evenings were unusually warm and gorgeous. The photos don't do it justice. The Playa comes to life at night completely lit up with art cars and fire effects every where. It is completely indescribable, like nothing you can imagine and surreal. I had a blast. Anyone up for a TC camp next year?

BigRigJig

Temple of Foregiveness (This was really moving and somber- Burners made tributes and wrote messages to their loved ones that were deceased. It was burned down on Sun. night)

Homouroboros - At night it appeared snakes were climbing down and grabbing the monkeys. It was powered by folks riding the stationary bikes set up around it.

Freedom Ride 700+ women letting it all hang out

Crude Awaking - Unbelievable - the metal sculptures were lit at night inside with fire breathing out of their hands and groins etc. This was burned down on Sat. night

a friend's art car

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-10 05:47 am   Permalink

Dayum girlfriend...thanks for those pictures. Looks like you had a great time. I have wanted to go to this event for years. I am a wuuus, so would have to do an RV and my electric GEM to get around. I have vacations planned for the next couple of years, but could do this in 2010....seriously.

http://www.burningman.com/

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tigerlily

Posted: 2007-09-10 11:06 am   Permalink

Thanks Vamp, I think a TC theme camp would be a lot fun. Keep it in mind.

Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 6:40 pm   Permalink

The very first theme camp at Burning Man was in fact Tiki Camp which when the gig first moved from the beach to the outskirts of Gerlach was quite the oasis.

This was before there were any comercial ventures there, and everyting was free...it was pretty sweet.

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 8:48 pm   Permalink

I was there in '98 and '99. Was that really 9 years ago? Anyway, I remember going to a tiki themed camp. Anyone got pics?

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation