Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Pirate treasure chest speakers
Pirate treasure chest speakers
Tiki Zen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 06:50 am   Permalink

This weekend I put out an "all hands on deck" call for help in getting the roof on the outdoor tiki hut we are building. One of my friends showed up with a surprise - he built two pirate treasure chest speakers for the day we finally complete the project. He found two decorative chests at a craft/home decorating store (Hobby Lobby, I think)and turned them into speakers. Wonder if we could put a false top in one and have it open with some pirate booty spilling out?

Brian the speaker king shows up with his creations:

Waiting for the day they can belt out some tiki tunes:

A look inside:

Even installed a nice hookup in the back (I'd probably just have pigtailed a couple of wires.) Gotta' love the craftmanship.

View Profile of Tiki Zen Send a personal message to Tiki Zen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt'n Skully
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-06 5:25 pm   Permalink

Love 'em!

Great for booty music, too!!

*rimshot*

View Profile of Capt'n Skully Send a personal message to Capt'n Skully  Email Capt'n Skully     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
whiskeyblood
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-30 10:59 am   Permalink

I REALLY dig this idea! I know this is an old post but I still have to leave a comment. I am currently building an outdoor tiki bar that will also have a fair share of pirate vibe too. Really hip. I have some outdoor speakers that look like carved tikis but I want to add another pair and this would be a great way to do it! I might make a sub out of one of these treasure chests to keep that low end pumping from some Martin Denny tracks!

View Profile of whiskeyblood Send a personal message to whiskeyblood      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-30 12:23 pm   Permalink

Hummm.....I love these and they would look great on the pirate ship, can I borrow your idea?

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Zen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-01 11:14 am   Permalink

It would be my greatest honor for any idea of mine to find a home at your fantistic tiki wonderland.

View Profile of Tiki Zen Send a personal message to Tiki Zen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-01 6:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-01-30 12:23, Queen Kamehameha wrote:
Hummm.....I love these and they would look great on the pirate ship, can I borrow your idea?

Amy

I think it's so thoughtful of you to actually ask before you borrow a person's idea. I've personally been ripping everyone's ideas off without asking permission. Maybe it's 'cause I'm so good at begging for forgivness.
BTW: Cool Speakers.

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-01 9:15 pm   Permalink

It's easier to get forgiveness than permission

Nice speakers

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-02 09:44 am   Permalink

That's an awesome idea I want some.

Would be cool to see them all painted up so they look like old wood and rusty metal.

I wonder how it would work if the speakers were mounted facing up inside it, so you'd have to open the lid to hear them.

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-02 09:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-01 18:29, Slacks Ferret wrote:
Quote:

On 2010-01-30 12:23, Queen Kamehameha wrote:

Amy

I think it's so thoughtful of you to actually ask before you borrow a person's idea. I've personally been ripping everyone's ideas off without asking permission. Maybe it's 'cause I'm so good at begging for forgivness.
BTW: Cool Speakers.

Slacks...yes, I try to always ask and no one has ever said no.... so far.... lol and these have major cool!

[ This Message was edited by: Queen Kamehameha 2010-02-02 09:50 ]

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-02 10:02 am   Permalink

Nice. I agree a little aging would be nice and there is definitely room to put a false top in so you can fill it with treasure. Would not take much to build a little tray and add some rests for it to the sides.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation