FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Hula Hula Seattle, WA - Mug Release Party Is a Go!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Hula Hula Seattle, WA - Mug Release Party Is a Go!
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-08 12:23 pm   Permalink

Aloha,
We're proud to announce the official launch of one of our newest designs for the Hula Hula Bar in Seattle, WA! The mug release party will be on Saturday, September 22nd and will feature not only the new Hula Hula mugs but Lushy will be performing and there'll be 100 of the posters below for sale featuring the art of Seattle's own Lisa Petrucci!

I'm gonna head up for the event and it'd be great to meet some of you NW TC'ers. I'll post more info as it becomes available.

Mahaloz!
Holden

[ This Message was edited by: makedamug 2007-09-09 16:57 ]

[ This Message was edited by: MakeDaMug 2007-09-11 19:09 ]

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-08 1:18 pm   Permalink

woohoooooooooo
I was supposed to go to a wedding in VEgas, but I think I'll go to this instead!!!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Pea

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Stiki Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-08 1:40 pm   Permalink

I'll be there!

View Profile of Stiki Tiki Send a personal message to Stiki Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-08 3:07 pm   Permalink

About dang time something cool happens in Seattle!

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikichef

Posted: 2007-08-09 10:21 am   Permalink

Sweet! We'll be up from Portland that weekend already, so now we know what to do in the evening!

View Profile of tikichef Send a personal message to tikichef      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-09 1:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-08 15:07, tiki-riviera wrote:

what? ya mean crunchy peanut butter fer yer waffles wasnt exciting? geeez. you're impossible to please!

hahahahahhaha

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikinomad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 12:33 pm   Permalink

Can someone pick me up a mug at the event and ship it to dirty Jersey?

View Profile of Tikinomad Send a personal message to Tikinomad  Email Tikinomad Goto the website of Tikinomad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monkeyskull
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 1:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I really hate you.

View Profile of monkeyskull Send a personal message to monkeyskull  Email monkeyskull Goto the website of monkeyskull     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 7:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-09 13:22, sweetpea wrote:
Quote:

what? ya mean crunchy peanut butter fer yer waffles wasnt exciting? geeez. you're impossible to please!

hahahahahhaha

Pea,

The crunchy peanut butter for my waffles was very cool, so cool in fact it was the highlight
of my life. It's all downhill from here. Thanks alot Pea!

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 7:52 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-31 13:23, monkeyskull wrote:
Quote:

I really hate you.

Monkeyskull,

Please let me rephrase. I meant it's about dang time something cool happens
in Seattle that I can attend, cause as you know I was unable to attend Pea's
party at hul-hula. Other than that, what cool events have been in Seattle??

woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-08 2:20 pm   Permalink

Other than that, what cool events have been in Seattle?? -tiki-riviera-

What the hell have you been up to this past year? The rest of us have partied so hardy we've hardly been able to sleep in on weekends. Some of the more memorable events...

There was of course the Winter Snow Ball in January, though we've all agreed to not discuss it...Or invite the Portland "ohana" to any of our events again. (Some good news: I did manage to dine at the Hilton this past weekend...Heavily disguised of course. I figger the resta you could pull it off too.)

In late spring we had the Jet City Mucky Mucks Fancy Dress Smart Tea. This year's Smart Tea was concocted by Mr Dogbytes and had most of us face down in our teacups before the cucumber sandwiches were served.

Dogbytes hosted a special skin care "clinic" fer the ladies in June. Oils and scrubs and lotions and potions all had a tropical twist and many of the gals were excited about the Hawaiian Pumice Miracle bunion treatment.

There was of course the muy especial super-secret tour of _________'s private Tiki resort on _________ Island with a surprise appearance by _________ and a short set by ________!!! (And if yuh don't know what who or where fills in the blanks, yuh weren't there!)

Monkeyskull's Summer Solsitice Beer-n-Blood Sausage Bash was a must fer all fans of odd eats, as was our Jet City Muckymucks Annual August All-Yuh-Can-Get Frog Leg Feast in August where the debate over what wine yuh serve with frog legs continued.

Even though no property was harmed in the makin' of the event, neighbors are still wary thanks to Sophista-tiki's Spirit of Pele 4th-O-July Fire Fest

Sweetpea's This-Shine's-Fer-You Shindig was last weekend. She released her annual batch of moonshine and the event was quite the drunkfest since she's got a big yard now and an even bigger still.

Blah-blah-road trip, blah-blah-barbecue, blah-blah-square dance...A lotta cool events have happened this past year. But it's like I told Matt LeBlanc "If yuh weren't invited it's probably cuz no one wanted yuh there."

And now on Saturday, September 22 we have...

Local historians...Is this the first custom Tiki mug fer a Seattle bar in decades? (Or did Tiki Bob's Cantina have a mug made...Tiki-riviera, yer down at Tiki Bob's all the time, ever seen a custom mug?)

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-09 12:03 am   Permalink

Woofmutt,

Thanks for enlightening me on all the cool "happenings" here in
Seattle. I guess I was intentionally left off the invite list of
events. Just to reassure everyone, what I have is not contagious
in the traditional sense, as long as you don't massage me them rub your
eye or something. As far as Tiki-Bob's Cantina, just so happens
Monkeyskull and I were there last Thursday for the happy hour corn-dog
and Bud light special, when we find out they're releasing a new mug
that night! Well, unfortunately they didn't know to put a limit on
purchases and Monkeyskull bought all 100 mugs himself. Now if anyone wants
one they're at the maniacal whimsy of Monkeyskull and will have to pay
ten times face value on Ebay. Below is a picture of the amazing mugs.

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-riviera 2007-09-09 00:05 ]

TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-09 12:50 pm   Permalink

Hey all!! TabooDan here. Shay and I will be coming down but not too sure who I am dragging. Peter and Alan from Funhauser will be going as well and possibly Reido so there might be a little Canadian invasion happening!! Get your helmets on!!
Looking forward to seeing the local TCer's and checking out The Hula Hula as I haven't seen it yet. We might be bringing a few pieces that we had at Lost Paradise here in Vancouver so be sure to ask me about them!

Mahalo!!! TabooDan

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-09 4:58 pm   Permalink

Recent developments MAY sidetrack this event. We're in conversations to do a different type of party in December (more as it comes available) - not so much a mug release party but a heavy Tiki themed night. I'm working out the details with the owner and will know more on Tuesday.

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 10:03 am   Permalink

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation