FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving New stuffs and where Ive been... (not so tiki, at all but you may get a kick out of it!) 9/11 page 2
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
New stuffs and where Ive been... (not so tiki, at all but you may get a kick out of it!) 9/11 page 2
kaha ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-16 9:54 pm   Permalink

Wow! great comments from all of you! So much aloha, so much!

Insane- Wow! Mahalo to you for the spark!
Aloha Station- Big mahalo'z for the welcome back comment! So nice to get your comments once again!
Hewey- Bruddah, thanks so much for the warm regards, and the hook up so people can spark my old stuff! mahalo brah!
Moondance- I so appreciate your comment! yeah, the materials I use are no ka oi and Im lucky and feel blessed to be able to work with materials filled with so much mana!!! Mahalo!
Ben- EXCELLENT comment! mahalo to you!!!
Mctiki- So nice to see your comment! I sparked your stuff brah, love it!!!
But your screen name makes me hungry... Hmmm...wonder why that is? curious...

Again, mahalo to you all my TC ohana! Im going to hit up the oasis on staurday, maybe I see some of you there!!!

A hui ho!

View Profile of kaha ki'i Send a personal message to kaha ki'i  Email kaha ki'i Goto the website of kaha ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
timidtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-02 08:15 am   Permalink

I recently received a "Pa kahawai" (a hook with a carved skull barb similar to that above). If it is obvious from the pics above, this carver's work is incredible!

View Profile of timidtiki Send a personal message to timidtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-02 8:31 pm   Permalink

WHEW! That stuff is killer Kaha Ki'i. All of it. I saw your skull hook lure at Oasis with Babalu. Man, oh man!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-02 8:53 pm   Permalink

WOW!!!! Those are awesome. Your attention to detail is amazing. I love the skull and also that octopus is going to be dayum fine.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2007-09-02 20:55 ]

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kaha ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 10:04 pm   Permalink

Sorry ohana...had to remove the images and post at the request of Fender... Mahalo for all the great comments!

[ This Message was edited by: kaha ki'i 2007-09-20 13:05 ]

View Profile of kaha ki'i Send a personal message to kaha ki'i  Email kaha ki'i Goto the website of kaha ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 10:12 pm   Permalink

Vince,

This work is way more awesome than you were describing to me earlier today! I'm so blown away my friend! These guys are awful lucky to have you on board...they must be ecstatic!

The very best to you in your new position,

Rick

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 10:34 pm   Permalink

ROCK AND ROLL!!! Stuff the desk-job!!

Awesome piece Kaha - do you suppose they'd let you keep it? That would be a great thing to hang on the wall of wherever it is you'll be working, as a reminder of 'what its all about'...

Top-shelf, top skills! (but I guess if you've been head-hunted by the Fender Custom shop, you'd know that already..)

Not tiki? So what! Ill be waiting with baited breath for each new axe!

Tama - congrats!

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimecula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 10:44 pm   Permalink

Bad Ash!!! Keep it up, and keep us informed.

View Profile of tikimecula Send a personal message to tikimecula  Email tikimecula Goto the website of tikimecula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 10:50 pm   Permalink

Kaha, your work is awesome. Keep posting we love it.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 11:20 pm   Permalink

Great job landing, Vince! I'm jealous, man, very very! Nice work.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-12 12:03 am   Permalink

Man, that's awesome! Congrats on the new job too! And please post some pics of the assembled guitar!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-12 12:14 am   Permalink

I know how hard it is to create an illusion of depth and dimension with shallow relief carving, and I can see in that long shot you totally nailed it. That's a pure work of art - I hope they're as impressed with it as we are!
Plus congrats on landing the dream job: "hey, what do you do?" - "Oh, nothin much - I just carve guitars for Fender!" That's like being a professional rum taster or a talent scout for Playboy magazine or something. Rock on Vince!

[ This Message was edited by: Paipo 2007-09-12 00:21 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Paipo 2007-09-12 01:45 ]

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-12 01:43 am   Permalink

Pretty impressive piece Kaha, Big Congrats to the new job and what a way to start it off! A WEEK is great time for that no wonder you have been MIA here recently. Show us more.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kiwishaman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-12 03:49 am   Permalink

Speechless I am. Give me a minute to catch my breath.

. . .

. . .

WOW your stuff is just amazing. It is truely an honour to look at your art.

And congrats on the new JOB.

. . .

Man, you are GOOD.

KS

View Profile of kiwishaman Send a personal message to kiwishaman  Goto the website of kiwishaman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hapa hawai 'i
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-12 05:28 am   Permalink

Brah, your ability to walk into Fender Guitar and in a few days unleash this creativity is awesome! I think they'll get it as soon as they see it. Clearly, you are a multi-dimensional carver. In my opinion, you passed their test! They should be lucky to have you on board. You've got the mana bruddah!! And yes-mahalo ke akua that you are an artist and not buried in paperwork all day. Guys like me need you to do what you do because we love Makau and Hawai 'i style carvings!!

View Profile of hapa hawai 'i Send a personal message to hapa hawai 'i      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation