FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving New stuffs and where Ive been... (not so tiki, at all but you may get a kick out of it!) 9/11 page 2
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
New stuffs and where Ive been... (not so tiki, at all but you may get a kick out of it!) 9/11 page 2
JohnnyP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-12 06:10 am   Permalink

Congratulations on the new job! Nice work, shows your skill very well. Ash isn't so bad to work with as you have very nicely shown. It's a shame you won't have the time to work on your Hawaiian kine carvings, but a lot of other people will now be enjoying your work.

Keep Jammin'

View Profile of JohnnyP Send a personal message to JohnnyP  Email JohnnyP Goto the website of JohnnyP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-12 06:36 am   Permalink

Kaha,

Were you spying on me at my day job? I look like that everyday! Beautiful piece and congrats on the gig. I look forward to seeing more work like this from you.

-G

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-12 06:49 am   Permalink

WWOOOWWWW.
Amazing work you've done here. A Telecaster ?
Beautiful work.

Ben

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-12 09:22 am   Permalink

Incredible carving! Very nice indeed!! Best wishes for your new job,the music community should be very glad!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
timidtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-12 10:22 am   Permalink

Very nice guitar work. And congrats on the new gig, but you have to watch out for those corporate types . . . better sure make work ukupau!

View Profile of timidtiki Send a personal message to timidtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-12 11:12 am   Permalink

What a great story. Congratulations on the new job, and pulling off that carving in a week! Great work.

View Profile of Robin Send a personal message to Robin  Email Robin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kaha ki'i
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-13 10:49 am   Permalink

Sorry ohana! I had to remove the pics at the request of Fender.

[ This Message was edited by: kaha ki'i 2007-09-20 13:07 ]

View Profile of kaha ki'i Send a personal message to kaha ki'i  Email kaha ki'i Goto the website of kaha ki'i     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-13 10:54 am   Permalink

absolutely amazing!!!

rawk and rawwwllll!!!!!

as a guitarist I am really looking forward to your upcoming projects.

Congratulations on the gig of a lifetime!

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blowfish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-13 4:34 pm   Permalink

Sounds like a great opportunity has come knocking on your door... and your work more than deserves it, that guitar rocks! (pun intended)

Much Aloha!

View Profile of Blowfish Send a personal message to Blowfish  Email Blowfish Goto the website of Blowfish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-13 5:29 pm   Permalink

Great work Kaha ole' buddy. Happy happy happy for you and the guys who will own your
geetars!

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-14 8:44 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting those "How-To" pictures as it really helps us who are interested in laying out a bas-relief carving. The "Fish-eye" look was a neat trick too. It really gives it a bit more of a Believitability factor and helps make it look more real. The only thing I don't see is that big pile of hair you pulled out while trying to come up with this perfect piece. Thanks.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation