[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Hakalugi's Slit Gong
Remove Highlighting
Hakalugi's Slit Gong
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2007-08-16 12:36 am   Permalink

In October 2006 I posted a photo of a Slit Drum/Gong and asked "where could I get one". See Here.

As it turned out, JohnnyP was able to create one for me. Over Here.

Below are some long overdue photos of the Slit Gong that has been hiding in my house for the last six months.

Here it is standing comfortably in the corner. Note the ready for action wood beater hanging to the left.

Closer still:

Closer still:

In the Hakalugi household it is customary to bring offerings to new idols for at least one year. After that they're on their own.

The standard offering is always curly fries and a Tab.

Yummm:

Ahhhhh. You can practically smell them.

Whenever the Slit Gong misbehaves we whack it hard with the supplied beater. Sometimes we beat on it just for the hell of it. It's a good thing.

Thank You JohnnyP!

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-16 05:21 am   Permalink

That slit drum is freakin' awesome!!!!

Who made the bowl for the curly fries? Looks like a Gecko piece I have never seen!!!

Thanks for the pics!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-16 05:41 am   Permalink

Who made the bowl for the curly fries? Looks like a Gecko piece I have never seen!!!

Danny "Tiki Diablo"

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-16 08:08 am   Permalink

Sweet!! Thanks for the tip teakey!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-18 2:20 pm   Permalink

That Marquesan bowl sure is sweet, but it pales into insignificance next to the mighty SLIT GONG! What a great thing to have in your collection. If I lived in the US I would be saving my pennies to commmission one of these from JP...

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation