FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Oasis 2007 photo log already!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Oasis 2007 photo log already!
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-03 11:42 am   Permalink

Why THANK you!! It was fun to wear my hair like that. So good to meet you! I hope we'lll get to see each other again soon!

Suzanne

P.S. Don't feel too bad about the shark head. He's really a murderous son-of-a-shark. We were buddies on Friday and then Saturday night he killed me! I was shocked. Really. Shocked. Sharks will be sharks, I guess.

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-03 5:21 pm   Permalink

Here are some of our photos. We haven't been since 2004, and had a blast this year! A big highlight was the presentations by Beachbum Berry, Sven, and Bosko. Unfortunately as usual I'm in picture taking mode mostly when I'm looking at artifacts and architecture, so not too many party faces in these photos. But it was fun to see a lot of old and new friends, and see the sights in San Diego too.

Naomi and Nina on our way in for dinner at the Bali Hai on Thu nite.

In the Bali Hai garden.

Yes, the Islands restaurant is kinda sad. At least there are traces of the original decor. Iuka Grogg stopped by while we had a fast break, I mean breakfast, Fri morning.

I posted this on another thread, but here's the tiki on its skylight perch in the restaurant, that you can only see from very strategic positions.

Here's another remaining original tiki, apparently from MAMA New Guinea (as we learned on King Kuk's "Tiki Tour").

Quick sidetrip to visit Humphrey's Half Moon Inn back on Shelter Island again.

The lobby at Humphrey's.

Semi--hidden tiki at Humphrey's.

Enjoying the show from the poolside (a little easier on the ears for Nina back there).

Ran wields chopsticks while Judd flinches in anticipation.

Nice to see Danny and Stephanie.

Playing in the pool.

Doing the frug, the shimmy, the watusi, and the swim.

Me and Nina, with Ran and his cutie pie Ofel.

Nina checks out the former Luau tiki in the gardens.

Inky and Smiley! Bruce surveys the lay of the land with authority.

Naomi peeks from a pole with a pedigree on the patio.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 7:57 pm   Permalink

I finally finished going through my pics from Tiki Oasis.

These are a few and you can watch the whole slide show at my myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/nykikilola

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 8:57 pm   Permalink

Here a a few photos from TofuJoe & I:

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 10:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-04 20:57, Haole'akamai wrote:
Here a a few photos from TofuJoe & I:

Haole'akamai and TofuJoe are always such gracious hosts. Always great hangin' out with them, and other Cult Of The Eye peeps like Chris, Maria, and Kevin. This pic is just one example of all of their hospitality. To the untrained eye, it may look like just a couple of bottles. However, when you take a $200+ bottle of bourbon, and a $65+ bottle of gin, you have the makings of a Filthy Rich Old Bastard, which is without doubt the finest Suffering Bastard ever mixed on this planet! Move over, $100 Mai Tai, Filthy Rich Old Bastard comin' through!!!

Thanks again for all of the drinks and hospitality, guys, both in the Cult Of The Eye Room, and in your own room as well. Hangin' with you guys was one of the best times at Oasis ever! So good, in fact, that I lost my shoes!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-05 11:12 am   Permalink

..... and with VERNORS! These people REALLY know what they are doing. So sorry I missed out on those!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-05 11:58 pm   Permalink

Aloha Gang!

I've only got a few photos to post since I forgot our digital camera. I bought a disposable one, and the shots are just not as good as digital. And then when you scan 'em- sheesh!

Anyway, here's a few shots of my wife Alex and I with a few people you might recognise...

with Big Ed & Son; The Tiki Brokers!

with our gracious Hostess; Baby Doe!

This photo came out the best of 'em all!

If any of you folks out there who took our photo could e-mail a copy to me, I'd be really thankful! I'd love to have just ONE good-quality digital photo of us together!

Mahaloz!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 3:47 pm   Permalink

For some video that really shouldn't be published of the adventure of the land shark, go to this thread:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=25549&forum=17&1

Suzanne

retrodiva
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-10 6:26 pm   Permalink

I wanted to thank everyone for posting their wonderful pictures. I brought my camera and then like a dork forget to bring my charger, so no photos from this end. But do keep posting pictures as I live vicariously through your lens.

View Profile of retrodiva Send a personal message to retrodiva  Goto the website of retrodiva ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation