FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Mai Kai After a six week circumnavigation of the earth
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Mai Kai After a six week circumnavigation of the earth
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-17 3:10 pm   Permalink

I couldn't hang with virani in France.
I couldn't meet with the London ohana in England.

What's the next best thing?

I am scheduled to land in Miami on Aug. 29th.
To me, that means Mai Kai.

I also planned 4 days in Ft. Lauderdale so I'm pretty convinced that the Mai Kai on the 29th, 30th, 31st, 1st and 2nd are a good bet. Have rental car... will swerve.

I'll get pictures of me with Louise to torture virani.
That's almost as good as hanging in France.

Nah, it's not, but I'm trying to feel better about missing such a great opportunity to play ukes and theremin and drink good wine. (Although South Africa has some decent reds)

So Mai Kai it is.
Awwwww. What a sacrifice!

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Helz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-17 3:48 pm   Permalink

Hey P,

The wahine and I are scheduled to be down there toward the tail end of your visit. Might have to see if we can make something happen.

Helz

View Profile of Helz Send a personal message to Helz  Email Helz Goto the website of Helz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-17 9:08 pm   Permalink

Glad to hear you are soon "coming home." Home is where the Rum Barrel is. Man, that just made me thirsty. I hope they have barrels in at last. I hated drinking them out of those giant snifter-looking glasses they had during Hukilau.

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-17 11:22 pm   Permalink

<<I hated drinking them out of those giant snifter-looking glasses they had during Hukilau.>>

Drank Sumatra says: Whaddya talkin' about...I'd drink a Rum Barrell out of a gogo boot. Come to think of it, I'd rather drink out of a gogo boot. A white one with rhinestones.

Helz - I'll probably keep from shutting the place down like I seem to do every time I go there.
I'm going to try to do the 5-9 slot. We'll see how that works out.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Kat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-18 08:46 am   Permalink

I've been wondering what you're up to lately....glad to hear you'll be home soon. Drop us line when you're up for some uke time!

View Profile of Haole Kat Send a personal message to Haole Kat  Email Haole Kat Goto the website of Haole Kat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
I dream of tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-18 12:27 pm   Permalink

If I'm not working one of those days, count me in.
Great hearing from ya, Pablus.

View Profile of I dream of tiki Send a personal message to I dream of tiki  Email I dream of tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-18 12:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-17 23:22, pablus wrote:
...I'll probably keep from shutting the place down like I seem to do every time I go there.
I'm going to try to do the 5-9 slot. We'll see how that works out.

I'll believe it when I see it..... And you can bet we will be there as witnesses! Looking forward to seeing you again.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-19 12:32 am   Permalink

you know what you're missing. I have to throw away those bottles of wine, and all that foie gras I kept for you.
Hope you're doing fine brotha.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-19 12:44 am   Permalink

The SNAILS TOO?!?!?!?!
Can't you mail me the foie gras and vin... and snails? And pastise?

We'll play together soon, friend.
Tell Air France I hate them.

Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-19 07:33 am   Permalink

Gutted....wanted to hear some tunes from The Man.

More Sam Smiths for me then!

It's alright, Andy! It's just bolognese! - DS Andrew Wainwright

[ This Message was edited by: Kon-Hemsby 2007-08-19 07:34 ]

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-19 8:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Drank Sumatra says: Whaddya talkin' about...I'd drink a Rum Barrell out of a gogo boot. Come to think of it, I'd rather drink out of a gogo boot. A white one with rhinestones.

Try singing this one:
"Rum Boot, Rum Boot, Boot fulla rum!"

It doesn't roll off the tongue like the original, but if Nancy Sinatra were to sing it...

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 08:59 am   Permalink

Here's a better schedule of "events"
I hate to take up bandwidth with this but I'd hate to keep people waiting or showing up too late and cursing me. I've got enough people cursing me. I need blessings instead. Therefore...

I'll be there 5 or so through 7 or so on Thursday.
Friday from 7-9 or so.
Saturday from 7-9 or so.
If they're open on Sunday... from 7-9 or so.
Monday from 5-7 or so.

Tuesday - oh rats.... I'l be flying home.

weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 09:22 am   Permalink

Blesssings to you (doe that make you feel better?) and welcome back. I hope not stay on your nemesis list and really am sorry not to have been able to meet up in Napa Valley during your visit. I had my ukulele strumming hands full! Next time for sure. Let me know and I'll dig the good stuff out of the cellar.

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 4:07 pm   Permalink

<<Let me know and I'll dig the good stuff out of the cellar. >>

Sounds great. Good stuff is always accepted with gratitude and enthusiasm.

Anyway, Baby-Having is number 2 on the list of "Reasons to Blow Everything Else Off," so you were never considered for the nemises list, even though there was a meeting about it.

Hey by the way, my uke case used to sport a Mai Kai Gents sticker prominently displayed on the soft side of the case. However, the miles and miles of travel for the last couple of years has claimed it. Where can I get another one?

Thanks in advance,
Darth Pablus

weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 6:08 pm   Permalink

Pablus

Mucho mahalos for sporting a Maikai Gents sticker. That was a limited edition run and the molds were destroyed. None left now. Very collectible! I'll make sure you get a low reservation # on our list for the new design. Thanks so much for you support!

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation