[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving new carver wanting feedback
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
new carver wanting feedback
Tamapoutini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-09 3:14 pm   Permalink

Nice work BDan. There is definately a slickness/refinement to your designs. Love your fish - yep, you'll have a fan with Gman with those.

Keep posting!

Tama

View Profile of Tamapoutini Send a personal message to Tamapoutini  Email Tamapoutini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kingstiedye
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-09 3:19 pm   Permalink

sound advice bk. dan, your talent is obvious. the fish are fantastic. if you study up on tikis i'm sure you can create some fine pieces. check out bk's thread : http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=25496&forum=7&start=0

bangin' my slit gong drum until the cops come!

View Profile of kingstiedye Send a personal message to kingstiedye  Goto the website of kingstiedye     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bali_Dan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-09 7:18 pm   Permalink

"The pineapple head thing was invented by Wayne Coombs originally, but ended up being copied by every coastal souvenir carver around"

Thanks for the input BK... I didn't know where the pineapple came from but strange that we (Wayne and I)have the same last name. I did them as a special request for the vet (he fixed my dog's broken leg in exchange...).

I'll check out those books though.

thanks again~

View Profile of Bali_Dan Send a personal message to Bali_Dan  Goto the website of Bali_Dan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 4:48 pm   Permalink

Really nice work. It's hard being a newbie to it all eh? Everybody had to start somewhere, and we learn as we go. Have fun, keep carving and posting as you study. There is great advice on that thread and all over this board. You've made a great start. I just bought a couple of those books myself. Love the vet trade, hope your pups doing well.

View Profile of Robin Send a personal message to Robin  Email Robin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation