FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events San Diego Tiki Carvers - Thanks and who needs wood?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
San Diego Tiki Carvers - Thanks and who needs wood?
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-25 8:58 pm   Permalink

I see roots....

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-25 9:12 pm   Permalink

Hey, I want to thank Zaya very much for her help with Bella today. Couldn't have done a THING without you and I owe you one,BIG time.

Also, thank you Bill for the chainsaw lesson, Dave for the use of your tools and your sarcastic witt, Mieko for the Musubi, Eric the Red for your killer chisel and manskirt, Cammo for the book lend and friendly caution, Hodadhank for the concern, Buzzy for the logs and chisel lesson, and finally, Clint for the honour of inviting us all to such a great event. I'm sore and going to bed.

[ This Message was edited by: billybobaloo 2007-08-25 23:07 ]

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-26 04:37 am   Permalink

I don't know how Buzzy does it. He sits around all morning under the shade of that big old tree like some Indian Wise Man, and then finally gets up to make a speech to the tree guys.

"We carve Tikis. I can't talk to you right now because these chainsaws are pretty loud." he says, and sits back down.

Suddenly his truck is full of 700 lbs of ficus, six well aged palm logs, a pair of chainsaw chaps, an invitation to dinner at Mr. A's with the head of the San Diego Tree Services Association, and a pocket full of business cards from every palm cutter within 300 miles.

I carved on the ground for an hour and got an empty bottle of water thrown at me.

Anyway, Buzzy has been threatening to create a Tiki Carving Theocracy with himself as Dictator-for-Life, and I honestly can't see a problem with that.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-26 09:14 am   Permalink

Thanks to everyone who came! It was a great day sitting in the shade and carving.

I did get a few contacts for logs as well, so who needs logs??

Number one is a guy who's pulling out some trees next week around 94th and Euclid. He thinks 2 were stripped and one isn't. Told him how we like the lower pieces, and he said he could leave them as long or short as we want. Sounds like he'd just leave them for us and we could pick them up next weekend.

Who's interested??

Got another guy from Lemon Grove that'll have some mid-september, and a guy in Encinitas that'll have some soon as well, but these would not be stripped.

[ This Message was edited by: mieko 2007-08-26 09:17 ]

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 08:40 am   Permalink

BALBOA PARKCHOP August '07!

Hey don't be so modest Cam. I got some good pics of YOU during a draw knife demo! You must have been a fine teacher since my photos show a smiling Juan Carlos with all his extremities.

That was so awesome! What a beautiful day. At first I was a little intimidated by some of the more grizzled trimmers, actually overhearing a couple wondering how long it would take us to aquire colorful nicknames common in the Tree trimmer trade like Seven "Finger Billy", "Stumpy Bill" or "Ol' Headless Clydesdale"...

But by the end a genuine mutual admiration society had formed with many trimmers forsaking other lectures elsewhere in the park to linger and chat with our carvers. Far Out!

Tikis & Stogies. A perfect combo in my book!

Can't believe my camera was able to stop Bill's hummingbird fast shaving technique. Scary good.

Billy, you gotta use this as your business card...

Meiko cracking me up w/her Brek Girl imitation.

Buzzy lays a little rap on the appreciative masses.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 08:50 am   Permalink

Great time peeps...thanks to everyone for coming out and distracting the folks so buzzy could steal logs

I guess I'll have to pick up a pair of those ass-less chaps so I can feel "safe" when I use my chainsaw!

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki fly boy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-27 12:17 pm   Permalink

Man...I am so jealous. I wish I could have made it down there for that. Stupid Air Force

View Profile of tiki fly boy Send a personal message to tiki fly boy  Goto the website of tiki fly boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 1:32 pm   Permalink

Was a great time.......I'm paying for it today.

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zaya
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 4:06 pm   Permalink

Wow, what's with Buzzy's twin brother standing behind me?

I had a fun time! I enjoyed seeing all of you in action, and you did a great job showing these tree service guys what you can do with the logs they're throwing away. I think they were all really impressed!

Zaya

View Profile of Zaya Send a personal message to Zaya  Email Zaya Goto the website of Zaya     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 4:15 pm   Permalink

Maybe that's Evil Buzzy from the Mirror Universe. Evil Buzzy doesn't have a beard.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-29 08:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-27 08:50, Clysdalle wrote:
Great time peeps... I'll have to pick up a pair of those ass-less chaps so I can feel "safe" when I use my chainsaw!

I understand The Crypt on Park Avenue is open till midnight for all your assless-chap needs. (Get the pair with studded suspenders)!

OK. This is Billy's girl Bella. If you haven't already met her she's smart as a whip. When Bella wasn't entertaining Zaya or playing with a giant infatable hammer, she momentarily chilled next to me in her stroller, watching my every move as I carved a pendant she pointed at something folded up in my sanding kit. A glove. Harmless and soft I gave it to her still folded to play with and returned my attention to carving... when I looked back seconds later...

BABY BELLA: BORN TO CARVE!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-08-29 09:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-27 16:06, Zaya wrote:
Wow, what's with Buzzy's twin brother standing behind me?

Zaya

That was Buzzy. One of his special powers is to transcend time and space. It makes him a wary opponent for Buffy, but at this point, she can still kick his butt.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-29 11:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-29 09:11, GROG wrote:
That was Buzzy. One of his special powers is to transcend time and space. It makes him a wary opponent for Buffy, but at this point, she can still kick his butt.

GROG: In the near future, time travel will be possible, and I will be the only interesting person left on Earth. To get new material to entertain the masses, in the future I travel back in time to now and steal my older material, from before I totally "sold out." That's what I'm doing in that picture. It's funny: I'm using my old material and the future critics say it's my best stuff in years. Now that's irony! Tune in in a couple years and tell me what you think of my "new" material.
My future Buzzy told me I also ended the Buffy debate once and for all in the spring of 2012. I'm looking forward to that!

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation