FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food St Lucia rum or other ideas?
St Lucia rum or other ideas?
54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-08-21 04:15 am   Permalink

My assistant is travelling home to St Lucia for a vacation next week. She's offered to bring me back some rum, as she knows my tastes... what should I ask for?

St Lucian or otherwise?

Liz

The Stevenson Wedding Mug by Cheekytiki, 2006

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-08-21 07:30 am   Permalink

http://ministryofrum.com/producerdetails.php?t=20

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
irishf
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-21 12:40 pm   Permalink

There's wonderful carved wooden statues available on St. Lucia. When I vacationed there last year, I got a nice one for $30 USD.

I'm a new member here...if I can figure out how to post photos, I'll post one of the statue. Not a tiki, but still wonderful (female water bearer in the distinctive St. Lucia carving style). St. Lucia is known for it's carved art.

A nice item from there is the chocolate sticks they sell to tourists, with nutmeg in them, for grating and adding to hot drinks. They grow nutmeg there and many of our cocktails came with fresh grated nutmeg, it was really tasty fresh grated. Especially in the Planter's punch.

Unfortunately, we and another couple next door were burglarized while we were on St. Lucia and away from our rooms at dinner...by someone who had a key. My DH and I interrupted the burglary in progress. The neighbors even had their shoes and clothing stolen.

View Profile of irishf Send a personal message to irishf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
irishf
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-22 09:26 am   Permalink

Here's a photo. It's 19 inches tall.

View Profile of irishf Send a personal message to irishf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation