FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Sept. San Diego Chop Chop - 8th in O'side, thanks for coming out!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
Sept. San Diego Chop Chop - 8th in O'side, thanks for coming out!
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 11:08 am   Permalink

It looks like there's a few votes for the 22nd, so we'll try for that first. I'd like to host one soon, but my yard fits only about a dozen carvers. I met a TON of people at the Big Chop that want to come next month that I really think a bigger place would work better - Bill, are you up for hosting?

[ This Message was edited by: mieko 2007-09-12 12:27 ]

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 3:17 pm   Permalink

Of course!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 3:31 pm   Permalink

OK, lets set you up with a big banquet of Phil's Ribs! Any vegetarians coming? (We'll eat them!)

And I still got that bottle of Queen of Hearts red wine left over from Otto. It's a '01 Merlot, so it might taste pretty good. We gotta have a toast.

Thanks Bill.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 3:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-21 15:31, Cammo wrote:
OK, lets set you up with a big banquet of Phil's Ribs! Any vegetarians coming? (We'll eat them!)

I don't know if Phil's will deliver to O'side, and I don't know about a 9am pickup. We'll have to see if someone wants to come late and bring the ribs, or if we want to save them for later (my house is decently close to Phil's)

We could save it for a Xmas/December/Holiday party if people might want to do that.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 8:20 pm   Permalink

Yeah!!!! You guys know that I start freaking out if I go too long without going to Bill's house. It's my safe and happy place.

Thanks for hosting yet again Bill. I'll be in your backyard in my usual spot bright and early.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 8:20 pm   Permalink

I can make it on the 22nd.

Where the heck is Phil's? I can get it (or help anyways) if it will survive a trip to O'Side in the back of a pick-up.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 8:51 pm   Permalink

In like Flint!! Bowana - you want to ride up together again?

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
H2O Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-21 8:52 pm   Permalink

H2O will be there with more knotty stuff. I have time to make a Full board so you all can see a true product of my work.

Brian

View Profile of H2O Tiki Send a personal message to H2O Tiki  Email H2O Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 11:17 pm   Permalink

Phil's Ribs used to be off Washington but they were shut down by crazy neighbors. Then he opened a HUGE place near Sports Arena on Rosecrans. I think they're the best in town; they're the biggest chunkiest fall-apart pork ribs you've ever tasted. The ribs will make the trip, and keep in a warm oven for hours.

You buy them by the rack, we'll get at least two big trays of them. They're like potato chips, you can't stop munching on them.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lion
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 11:18 pm   Permalink

Hey Babalu, did you hear the Blue Hawaiian's "In Like Flint" theme on the new album?
Totally Ono!

View Profile of Tiki Lion Send a personal message to Tiki Lion  Email Tiki Lion     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-21 11:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-21 23:17, Cammo wrote:
Phil's Ribs used to be off Washington but they were shut down by crazy neighbors. Then he opened a HUGE place near Sports Arena on Rosecrans. I think they're the best in town; they're the biggest chunkiest fall-apart pork ribs you've ever tasted. The ribs will make the trip, and keep in a warm oven for hours.

You buy them by the rack, we'll get at least two big trays of them. They're like potato chips, you can't stop munching on them.

We won't need to buy any stain, then. BBQ sauce has a nice hue!

I just picked up a can of "gun stock" stain today when brian took me to home depot. If you've got anything you want to stain, bring it and give this stuff a whirl!! It's nice, man.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-22 12:58 pm   Permalink

I think I can make the 22nd! Where's Bill's place at!??
Traffic back from Oasis was killer! Took me 2 hours to get home (south OC) but only 30 minutes from Oceanside! I'm up for all chop chops in Oceanside!

And I'll bring my new sawhorse! Sweeeet!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiJosh 2007-08-22 13:00 ]

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-22 1:49 pm   Permalink

Whittling with you all Sunday was truely inspirational.

I've been drying a fat palmlog in my garage all season and now I'm itching to bust out the Flexcuts and join you all like a pale hermit emerging from a cave. It's been since the OkyOky that I chiseled for any extended period so if anyone notices me slumped over my sawhorse, at least call a veteranarian.

Are you guys serious about Phil's? It's right across the bay from me. I'll pick up a party platter menu this afternoon before NoNaMe and I head over to Rockler.

I've been struggling with my ironwoods so on Meiko's advice I'm going to pick up some Basswood and simply practice the angles of my cuts. Meiko's wood originals are soooooooo perfect. Really amazing stuff and a technical standard for me to strive toward. Mahalo Meiko.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-22 3:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-22 12:58, TikiJosh wrote:
I think I can make the 22nd! Where's Bill's place at!??
[ This Message was edited by: TikiJosh 2007-08-22 13:00 ]

Pertinent info will be PMed to all who haven't been to my place before, about a week before the chop.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-22 3:45 pm   Permalink

Thanks Hank, for both the flattery and picking up the menu. I might need to go down there myself and get dinner, I mean pick up a menu in the next week or so. Gotta check the hours too, but it sounds like it might work out.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation