FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » European Tiki Modern Tour: Slide show, world premiere of Armchair Travelling docu, Hula Punk live !
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
European Tiki Modern Tour: Slide show, world premiere of Armchair Travelling docu, Hula Punk live !
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-22 1:02 pm   Permalink

This will be a fine book launch tour for "Tiki Modern and the Wild World of Witco" in Germany and Switzerland.
With the Hamburg date set, I can now post this happy happening's schedule:

Here are the official dates:

Hamburg - Thursday, September 20nd, 2007
Klang und Kleid and Hasenschaukel present:

* 8 o'clock PM doors open
* from approx. 9 o'clock PM slide show from Sven Kirsten
* after that presentation of the movie "Armchair Travelling"
(in presence of Jochen Hirschfeld)
* Tiki exhibition from local comic-strip artists
* sleazy listening sounds from our DJ

Berlin - Saturday, September 22nd, 2007
Klang und Kleid and EISZEIT Kino present:

* 6 o'clock PM doors open
* from approx. 8 o'clock PM slide show from Sven Kirsten
* concert with the Hulapunks

München - Thursday, September 27th, 2007
Klang und Kleid and Trader Vic´s present:

* 7.30 o'clock PM doors open
* from approx. 7 o'clock PM slide show from Sven Kirsten
* from approx. 9 o'clock PM buffet diner
* after that concert with the Hulapunks

Zürich - Friday, September 28th, 2007
Klang und Kleid, Kino Riffraff and the Mata Hari Bar present:

* 8.30 o'clock PM slide show from Sven Kirsten in the Kino Riffraff
* from 11 o'clock PM concert with the Hulapunks in the Mata Hari

St. Gallen - Saturday, September 29th, 2007
Klang und Kleid and Palace present:

* 8 o'clock PM doors open
* from approx. 9 o'clock PM slide show from Sven Kirsten
* presentation of the movie "Armchair Travelling"
* concert with the Hulapunks

More info at:
http://www.klangundkleid.de/events/tikimodern/english/

About the movie: http://www.armchair-travelling.com/

About the music: http://www.hulapunk.com/

Preview of the book: http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=25214&forum=1&50

The most interesting event in Germany will probably be the Munich one, because it is happening at the original, unrenovated 1972 Trader Vic's, the best preserved Vic's site in Europe:

But be warned that the Munich event coincides with that big Bavarian Luau also known as the Oktoberfest, and all hotels in town are booked up! So if you are coming from outside of town, better arrange to shack up at a friend's place, or not at all.

Tiki carvings, art, and other Tiki treasures by the incredibly talented guys from Forbidden Island will be availble at the Munich and Swiss events, too: http://www.forbidden-paradise.com/eng/gallery.php

The above event poster by Dr. Alderete and other goodies should also be for sale.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-22 1:20 pm   Permalink

Killer poster!!!!

Lucky folks over there in Europe!

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-22 4:08 pm   Permalink

The poster looks like its from the good Dr. but probably isn't. I wouldn't mine a poster. So does anyone know the date that we in eastcoast America can buy the book and the movie. Don't know which one I'm more excited for, but I'm been waiting for the movie for so long. Years. So its the most anticipated movie and book in my life.

teaKEY

[ This Message was edited by: teaKEY 2007-08-22 16:11 ]

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-23 09:27 am   Permalink

Which one or Ones to attend?
The tour coincides with our drive to Malta which almost follows the same route, looking forward to it

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-08-23 10:17 am   Permalink

We are booked on a flight to Berlin to arrive early Saturday am... How can we buy tickets in advance from the UK or can they be reserved to collect on the door?

We'd hate to come all that way, and fail to get in!

Liz & Chris

The Stevenson Wedding Mug by Cheekytiki, 2006

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-23 12:19 pm   Permalink

Double post

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2007-08-23 12:23 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-23 12:22 pm   Permalink

Good question! Took me a while to figure it out myself:
There is no direkt link for buying advance tickets in the English version of the website (I will alert them to that), you have to go to the German OPENING page for the event:

http://www.klangundkleid.de/events/tikimodern/

click on BERLIN, then scroll down to VORVERKAUF and click on "Ticket Bestellen" ("Ticket Ordering", which you definitely should!)

Next page: select "2" (they are 15.- Euros a ticket), and click on "Ab in den Warenkorb" ("Into the shopping cart")
and pay (don't know from there, cuz I did not wanna buy any )

Everybody else can do it that way, by clicking on the city of their choice on the German opening page (in case K 'n' K won't update the English version)

There will be the poster, the book, Jochens' DVD, and a selection of Spanish Tiki mugs that Lurker ordered specifically for the event for sale. Lurker was the first to publish photos of the Barcelona Tiki Bars in his wonderful Barcelona city guide:

http://www.city-in-space.com/barcelona/locations.asp?SUBCAT=5&LNG=en

By the way, I really like the website of the Hamburg location too, a small bar called "Die Hasenschaukel" ("The Bunny Swing"), located in the redlight district of St.Pauli, :

http://www.hasenschaukel.de/

...right around the corner of Harry's Hafen Bazaar (!):

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=23491&forum=2

P.S.: Ironically, Hula Punk will not perform at the Hasenschaukel event.

virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 02:35 am   Permalink

I'll make one of the date. Now, wich one....
I'd like to combine it with Oktoberfesten, as I always wanted to do it, so now I have to find a friend to offer me a bed in Munchen(Jochen ??).
Sven, there's a price with the book&DVD&tickets for Munich. What if I already have the book ? I don't have to buy it again to make it sign, do I ?
Anyway, I look forward to meet you again.
Nicolas

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 5:29 pm   Permalink

I dunno Nic....t'is funny how people only like their OWN styles of inebriation...like Navy Grogs at Trader Vic's. To me as a German the Oktoberfest is akin to, or worse than, Spring Break in Miami, so I will avoid it under all circumstances. And hey, get in line, I'M already bunking at Jochen's! (I assume....right, Jo? )

Munich IS tempting because of the location being Trader Vic's, but then again it really makes most sense when going for the whole shoobang including the dinner at T.V.'S....which, BECAUSE it is Trader Vic's, is a costly proposition.

I would recommend Hamburg, that venue looks like it has yummy food, and the neighborhood of St Pauli, the harbor and the Reeperbahn is fascinating in its own divey way.

And if you're gonna schlep that brick of a book all the way from Paris to Germany, I will certainly sign it!

virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-30 02:20 am   Permalink

So cheekytiki, tikichris, german tikiphiles ? Which event are you going to ??

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-30 04:47 am   Permalink

We are doing, Berlin and Munich as we are driving in that direction anyway.
Looks like most of the Brits (Trader Jim, 54 House of Bamboo)are looking at Berlin.

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-30 05:59 am   Permalink

Cool, Jamie, bring me some Mahiki swag! In case you have not been able to figure it out, there are three options to buy tickets online for the Munich event, you find them on the bottom of the MUENCHEN link on the German web page:

http://www.klangundkleid.de/events/tikimodern/muenchen.asp

TIKI DELUXE includes everything: The Book, the DVD, slide show, Armchair Travelling screening, Hula Punk live, buffet and 2 cocktails at Trader Vic's, Exotica DJ at the bar

TIKI LOVER all of the above, sans Book and DVD (if you got both of those in Berlin already, that's your ticket)

TIKI TEASER for the bone broke Tikiphile: Just my slide show and Jochen's film screening, for mere 9 Euros! My am I cheap!

Looking forward to catching up with you and meeting Trader Jim.

Johnny Dollar
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-30 08:34 am   Permalink

i'm gonna be at the spring break in munich around september 21, so i will at least try to get to trader vic's munich. once i get my schedule worked out better i'll do my best to arrange to meet up with some of you €s

$

View Profile of Johnny Dollar Send a personal message to Johnny Dollar  Email Johnny Dollar Goto the website of Johnny Dollar     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ExoticTramp

Posted: 2007-09-01 3:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

......Looks like most of the Brits (Trader Jim, 54 House of Bamboo)are looking at Berlin.

Trader Jim and I have booked out plane tickets we cant wait to see you all there, looking forward to meeting every one
Sian - Exotictramp (Trader Jim's very own hula honey ha ha!)

View Profile of ExoticTramp Send a personal message to ExoticTramp  Email ExoticTramp Goto the website of ExoticTramp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-02 03:48 am   Permalink

Who's up for staying here whilst in Berlin, check out all of the rooms!
But why is there no Tiki room?
http://www.propeller-island.com/rooms_neu/room_detail/01/index.php

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation