FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Lava Flow Inn San Diego, , CA (home-bar)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
The Lava Flow Inn San Diego, , CA (home-bar)
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-23 6:49 pm   Permalink

Name:The Lava Flow Inn San Diego
Type:home-bar
Street:
City:
State:CA
Zip:
Phone:

Description:
Decided to post some pix of the home bar. I know alot of you have seen it, but I've been adding.
Ryan pouring another drink

Old mask, some of the collection.

The prisoner

Tiki Lee next to the mascot tiki

Me BBQ'ng

The BBQ area. 1954 Cris craft boat for a roof.

Beach bum shipwreck falls

Me and my friend Will and another interior shot

Looking up from the lower yard

I hope you enjoyed looking at it as much as I enjoyed torturing my friends into helping me build it.
Cheers.

[ This Message was edited by: Matt Reese 2007-08-23 19:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Matt Reese 2007-08-23 19:04 ]

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-23 7:27 pm   Permalink

ARRGGHHHH matey. It's about time. Give me a pint for the scurvy gits me.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Heath
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-23 9:08 pm   Permalink

Jeez Matt, it didn't look like that the last time I was there. What happened? I know I didn't have THAT much to drink. Did I?

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rupe33
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 07:33 am   Permalink

Awesome set-up. Really like the shell that holds the limes, and the old Chris Craft boat for a roof on the outside bar is a terrific touch.

Really enjoy seeing threads like this one because of all the creativity on display. Gives me hope that if I'm ever not renting someday that there will be a plethora of ideas to inspire one's own space.

One question - how much BBQ do you do?? There are 3 black barrel-style setups (not sure what the correct term is) plus looks like a silver grill in the background of the photo you're in.

Cheers - and thanks for sharing!
~Rupe

View Profile of rupe33 Send a personal message to rupe33  Goto the website of rupe33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 08:26 am   Permalink

Damn! Your place looks cool. This can't be your old Lincoln Ave. house.

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 08:45 am   Permalink

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah we BBQ alot! There are two barrel types, a six foot water tank conversion, a six foot tall water smoker, a 4ft long island grill, three free standing burners for fish frys etc., an insert type propaine type, a grill we like to call the gnarly que which is about 3 1/2 feet across, and a yet to be finished luau pit.
Whew! I think I'll skip listing the ques and grills upstairs.
I may have a problem here.
Cheers.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 11:34 am   Permalink

Matt, I didn't see a spit.

This pic is a bit graphic. But it wont make me quit eatin meat.
Don't scoll down if you are squeemish and/or you want to continue eating meat.

Identity is being protected.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-24 1:06 pm   Permalink

I have been meaning to build my own home bar. I am inspired!
I may have to take the next year off just to get started.

Hmmmmm.

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 1:27 pm   Permalink

The spits are hidden. Haven't used one in a while. Nothing as impressive as that pic though.

cyntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 3:59 pm   Permalink

Wow what a tease you are! Look at my beeeutiful bar! Think of us for ITD next year!

Really it is awesome! Our whole family advertises via t-shirts-young and old! Greg raved about it from the Oki Oki...maybe someday!

Super sweet!

View Profile of cyntiki Send a personal message to cyntiki  Email cyntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 6:59 pm   Permalink

About time this dive got some positive press!!! LOL! SD's hippest home bar looks great as always Matt. What's with the shipwreck?!!! (Of course I don't recall you handing me a heaping plate of BBQ Greyhound either) When are you putting in the ski lift?

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-25 4:04 pm   Permalink

Can't afford a skilift. Hoping to build some kind of castaway raft on a track powered by a couple cable winches. Thanks for the kind words. The wreck and beach bum are pretty new. Got plans for a cannibal corner next!
Cheers.

DrMiguelito
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-25 7:24 pm   Permalink

Damn, now I'm really bummed that I missed Washers this year. The new additions look great.

I still think you should put in a funicular on that hillside. I don't mind being carried up and down the stairs (even if I did freak a little the first time), but this crowd's knees aren't going to last forever.

View Profile of DrMiguelito Send a personal message to DrMiguelito  Email DrMiguelito     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-25 9:09 pm   Permalink

That is sweet Matt. Lots of hard work, thanks for sharing.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-25 9:14 pm   Permalink

Glad people like it. I'd like to note that a major influence in my process was 'Onatiki. Their attention to detail is something I'm still reaching for. Doug, what's a funicular? I'll keep carrying you down those stairs as long as you keep coming over.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation