FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » King Kukulele Presents Tiki Taix XXXVII End Of Summer Blowout
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
King Kukulele Presents Tiki Taix XXXVII End Of Summer Blowout
King Kukulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 4:00 pm   Permalink

Friday August 31st, 2007 10PM No Cover

This month we say goodbye to our sunny summer season and hello to our sunny fall season at the annual Tiki Taix End of Summer Blowout.

King Kukulele, Malahini Marc, and Ricki Kon Tiki play tunes for the Tiki Taix crowd. Come hear some of your favorite Hawaiian and Hapa Haole standards as well as original songs. The new CD “The London Luau Presents Live At Trader Vic’s” is out now and will be available at the show.

PLUS

Bill Tapia is just 4 months shy of his 100th birthday, and he is going to celebrate the big End of Summer Blowout with his friends at Tiki Taix. The last 3 months have been a non-stop party for Bill, who says, without a doubt, 2007 was the best year for parties since 1922. Oh my, what a year! So come watch and hear the man who knew Waikiki before Hawaii was a state.

PLUS

The Polynesian Paradise Dancers take a break from their busy schedule to help Tiki Taix say bon voyage to summer. If you haven’t seen these hypnotic dancers, then you clearly need to stop by Tiki Taix and see what all the hullabahula is about. You’ll also get to see them dance to their signature song, “Polynesian Paradise” off the new Friki Tiki release, “The London Luau Presents Live At Trader Vic’s”

PLUS

Part V “Duke Kahanamoku – This Is Your Life!” from 1957. See the final chapter of this classic look at the like of the Duke. He is surprised by his wife who tells about his life in politics as the Sheriff of Honolulu. He is then greeted by three men whose lives were saved by Duke 32 years earlier in a storm in Newport Beach, Calif. The conclusion includes the presentation of prizes for Duke including the replacement of a stolen hood ornament from Dukes car in Waikiki.

PLUS

A behind the scenes look at the making of the Tiki DVD at Armchair Travelling, which has just wrapped post-production in Munich!!!

Join us for this one night only event. We'll be at Tiki Taix 1911 Sunset Blvd. in Echo Park, Los Angeles 90026 One block north of the lagoon.

View Profile of King Kukulele Send a personal message to King Kukulele  Email King Kukulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Al-ii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 4:08 pm   Permalink

Hey LA people,
I'm going to this. I'd like to see some more faces, Sabu, Z, T-bird, U-Dream, B-Elvis, Poly Pop, Cyntiki, Tina, Big Bro, Boris, PHIPIRHO. Come on out folks last blowout of summer.
Mahalo,
Al

View Profile of Al-ii Send a personal message to Al-ii  Email Al-ii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-08-24 5:21 pm   Permalink

Sounds great and I would love to be there, but I will be in New York on the 31st. The only Tiki in Rochester is a Tiki Bob's Cantina. Somehow the words "Tiki" and "Cantina" just don't seem to fit together, but I'll drink a toast to all my ohana back at Tiki Taix while I'm at Dinosaur BBQ.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 7:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-24 16:08, Al-ii wrote:
Hey LA people,
I'm going to this. I'd like to see some more faces, Sabu, Z, T-bird, U-Dream, B-Elvis, Poly Pop, Cyntiki, Tina, Big Bro, Boris, PHIPIRHO. Come on out folks last blowout of summer.
Mahalo,
Al

I should be able to make this one,
Unless a surf show pops up, but I don't know of any as of yet.
Tiki Ti before?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-08-24 8:44 pm   Permalink

I'll be there and Tiki-Ti before and maybe after?? Sounds delicious.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-24 9:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I should be able to make this one,
Unless a surf show pops up, but I don't know of any as of yet.
Tiki Ti before?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Dude! You can make this! remember..Pioneer Chicken across the street??? LOL! Let's all make this a Taix to remember!!! And YES Tiki Ti before!!!

WoooHoooooOOOOOOoooooooo!!!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-24 11:37 pm   Permalink

Al,
Would love to go but I'll be at the race that night.

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-25 01:47 am   Permalink

Did someone say pioneer chicken? I may have to do that and the ti! I am only now recovering from Tiki Oasis! This would be just the ticket to get back in to the groove of uh..... more Tiki!

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 4:27 pm   Permalink

Ok so
Pioneer at 7 ish. mmmmmm chicken
Tiki Ti at 8 ish, Mmmmmmmmm Rum
Taix with the King at 10 ish, ummmmm entertainment???
just razzing ya King. you da man.

sounds like a plan.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 5:55 pm   Permalink

Hey, I'm so IN! Bill Tapia is sooo adorable.

I'll be at the Ti before Taix as well!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lion
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-28 7:32 pm   Permalink

OOOO, this looks like a blast!

I've got a deal at the Bowl earlier that evening, but if the crew can send me over by cannon at the end of the 1812 Overture...

View Profile of Tiki Lion Send a personal message to Tiki Lion  Email Tiki Lion     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-28 7:36 pm   Permalink

I just had Kentucky Fried chicken and it was horrible,yuuck.
I am so ready for Pioneer on Fri. then Tiki Ti, Then Taix with the King.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

DawnTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-28 8:18 pm   Permalink

I told a few people I would be there this Friday but I forgot that I have family coming from out of town on Thursday till who knows when. It looks like I'm going to have to miss it, sorry King Kukulele I was looking forward to the show.

View Profile of DawnTiki Send a personal message to DawnTiki  Email DawnTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-29 06:37 am   Permalink

Is it Friday yet?????

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-29 4:29 pm   Permalink

I don't know if my mouth is watering for the pioneer chicken or drinks at Tiki ti.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation