FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events NYC Kahiki @Marions this Wed. 8/29 6:30pm
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
NYC Kahiki @Marions this Wed. 8/29 6:30pm
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 08:28 am   Permalink

Hello Tri-State Tiki Ohana,

Every year NY City's Marion's on the Bowery transforms for the
month of August into the Kahiki with tiki decor, eats and drinks.
Don't miss it this year!

Let's meet at 6:30pm this Wed. 8/29 at Marion's -
354 Bowery between Great Jones and East 4th St.

Take the 6 or the F to Bleeker St.
Or the R or W to 8th Street and walk down.
It's located right next to the Bowery Bar in the Noho area.

When we know how many people are coming we can push a few tables
together or grab the party booth.

Keep the NY tiki spirit alive.

Aloha,
Kiki & David

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 12:09 pm   Permalink

Ooo, sounds great! I think we'll be able to swing this.

Gina& Damian

View Profile of Martiki-bird Send a personal message to Martiki-bird  Email Martiki-bird Goto the website of Martiki-bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 12:45 pm   Permalink

I was orignally planning on doing this last weekend, but had too much NETT stuff to do & couldnt break away, and I was now planning on hitting it THIS weekend possibly before or after matt's luau. Does it go through monday or is the 31st it?

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2007-08-27 13:10 ]

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 12:54 pm   Permalink

I just checked their site and it seems to be through Wednesday, September 5, which happens to be mine and Captain Quad's anniversary...hmmm... Unfortunately I can't get in this Wednesday, but I will be in on the 5th and we'd love to have some ohana join us as we kick off our 10th year together.

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 1:29 pm   Permalink

I'll go!

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 1:36 pm   Permalink

I'm only sorry I can't go BOTH weeks!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 3:56 pm   Permalink

I think this weds eve will be tough - BUTT I will repost if i can swing it!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-29 06:32 am   Permalink

If we have fun tonight, we'll probably return next Tue or Wed too-
whatever night works best for people....

Gather by the bar in Hawaiian dress tonight 8/29

Aloha,
Kiki

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-29 06:34 am   Permalink

10 happy years of marriage is a good reason to celebrate tiki-style!

Quote:

On 2007-08-27 12:54, velveteenlounge wrote:
I just checked their site and it seems to be through Wednesday, September 5, which happens to be mine and Captain Quad's anniversary...hmmm... Unfortunately I can't get in this Wednesday, but I will be in on the 5th and we'd love to have some ohana join us as we kick off our 10th year together.

velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-29 07:55 am   Permalink

Then we'll definitely plan to be there next week. I wish we could get there tonight, too.

populuxe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-29 10:19 am   Permalink

Great thanks for the info. We will be there tonight. Vanessa and Brian

View Profile of populuxe Send a personal message to populuxe  Email populuxe Goto the website of populuxe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
populuxe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-29 10:38 am   Permalink

i posted it on my blog to spread the word.

http://populuxebooks.com/blog/index.php/2007/08/29/the_kahiki_lives_in_nyc

View Profile of populuxe Send a personal message to populuxe  Email populuxe Goto the website of populuxe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Looie Kalua
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-30 10:20 am   Permalink

Okay, so a bunch of us went to Marion's last night, and it was a bunch of fun. Here are a couple o' pix:

Martiki-bird looking fabulous in front of Marion's. Underneath the lifeguard chair was some sand, spread out on the sidewalk.

The whole gang, after one or two beverages, but before all the food came. LeisureMaster joined us as well (not pictured, still en route)

The food was very good, and the drinks were, too. If you go, ask the bartender (I forgot her name... anyone?) about her special Mohito. She didn't have a name for it, so Birdgirl named it the "Castaway Mohito" for her. It was delicious, and she apparently just loves making them.

View Profile of Looie Kalua Send a personal message to Looie Kalua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-30 10:41 am   Permalink

Looks like a great time was had by all! CaptainQuad and I are still planning to be there next Wednesday for our anniversary, about 6:30. Please feel free to join us!

TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 06:00 am   Permalink

The Naked City only produced 11 on a Wed. nite !!!! Guess you all in those Hamptons :> :> :>

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation