FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events SECOND Annual Northeast Tiki Tour (Ideas wanted)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
SECOND Annual Northeast Tiki Tour (Ideas wanted)
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-29 03:55 am   Permalink

There's nothing I love more than swimming, but it has to be VERY warm to get me into the pool. Like Caribbean warm. My MIL's pool in RI is typically too cold, even in August.

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-29 04:52 am   Permalink

We don't actual go IN it we just drink AROUND it;)

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-29 05:37 am   Permalink

I'm with Primo here. Just a nice spot to congregate.

Trust me, no one wants me to unleash the Great White Belly and jump in that pool anyway.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-29 08:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-08-27 17:21, Suffering Bastard in Maine wrote:

Hotel perhaps. one with a pool. I know that outside of Yarmouth in Cape Cod, it's tough to find a hotel with kitsch appeal. But a little nicer would be cool, and at the same time I am not that critical, because it wasn't that big a deal.

I have to agree, if just for the atmosphere. Not an item of huge importance, but some water, even in a manmade basin, adds a lot to the atmosphere. Plus, the patio furniture is conducive to relaxing and enjoying cocktails.

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-29 09:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

I have to agree, if just for the atmosphere. Not an item of huge importance, but some water, even in a manmade basin, adds a lot to the atmosphere. Plus, the patio furniture is conducive to relaxing and enjoying cocktails.

And it gives geeks like me an excuse for an entirely new wardrobe segment--"poolside attire!"

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-29 2:29 pm   Permalink

Bargoyle,

If guys like you and I didn't go in the water what would the well meaning hippies in the zodiacs have to circle?

Poolside is coolside! That style of patio/ pool entertaining was a major part of swanky get togethers back in the day.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-30 9:12 pm   Permalink

Look forward to joining in one way or another next year!

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Primo Kimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-01 04:30 am   Permalink

here's another excellent idea: Sven!

View Profile of Primo Kimo Send a personal message to Primo Kimo  Email Primo Kimo Goto the website of Primo Kimo ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation