FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Forbidden Island Presents: Pusser's Grog Night! Custom Mugs! Rare Rum! September 6th
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Forbidden Island Presents: Pusser's Grog Night! Custom Mugs! Rare Rum! September 6th
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-08-27 10:41 am   Permalink

Aloha!!

I’m very pleased to announce a special rum event at Forbidden Island. On Thursday, September 6th, we’re celebrating the birth of grog*, Painkillers, and all manner of Pusser’s rummy goodness! Starting at 7:00pm, Forbidden Island will feature:

-Painkillers & Dead Sailors (our version of grog) featuring Pusser’s Rum. We are now offering Painkillers in the traditional 2 oz, 3 oz, or 4oz pours!
-Enjoy your Painkiller or Dead Sailor served in a custom, limited edition Pusser’s Enamel/Tin mug! These mugs are replicas of the tin mugs that the Royal Navy used to serve the daily ration of rum to its sailors beginning in the late 18th century. Ours are customized with the Forbidden Island logo in a very small edition. While supplies last!!!
-The first 40 customers to get a Painkiller or Dead Sailor will get a FREE Pusser’s baseball hat!
-And for our rare rum lovers out there, we have a VERY limited amount of ultra-rare Pusser’s 15 Year Aged Rum, a beautiful and full-bodied sipping rum. NOT AVAILABLE IN THE UNITED STATES!

So head on down to Forbidden Island, taste the rum that fueled Royal Fleet for over 300 years, and take home a piece of rum history. See you there!

Mahalo!

*From our menu: Grog was invented in 1740 by Admiral Edward “Old Grogram” Vernon of the British Royal Navy when he ordered that the sailors’ daily ration of rum be mixed with water, because “…the pernicious custom of the seaman drinking their allowance of rum, and often at once, is attended with many fatal effects to their morals as well as their health … besides the ill consequences of stupefying their rational qualities …” He even went so far as to suggest that the sailors mix it with lime and sugar, thus perhaps creating the world’s first tropical drink.

[ This Message was edited by: martiki 2007-08-27 10:41 ]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore - updated subject line - 2007-08-28 16:17 ]

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-27 2:23 pm   Permalink

Yippee!!! Will the tin cup fit a #4 Painkiller?!

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore - fixed BB code - 2007-08-28 16:18 ]

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RikiTikiTavi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-08-27 2:26 pm   Permalink

<--- (Drooling)

I'm assuming when you say "we have a VERY limited amount
of ultra-rare Pusser’s 15 Year Aged Rum" this means that you won't be selling by the bottle?

What time do I need to hire someone to stand in line for me to obtain a mug?

[ This Message was edited by: RikiTikiTavi 2007-08-27 14:27 ]

View Profile of RikiTikiTavi Send a personal message to RikiTikiTavi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-08-28 5:19 pm   Permalink

Definitely won't be selling the 15 yr by the bottle!

By the way, just to clarify, the FI Limited Pusser's tin will be an additional fee. But not too much!

Painkiller #4 fitting in the tin is currently classified as "highly doubtful". We'll give ya the rest on the side. As the old saying goes, "There's always a little extra in the milkshake cup."

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-28 7:00 pm   Permalink

I'm salivating like Pavlov's Dog down here.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-28 7:37 pm   Permalink

Forbidden Island does just the COOLEST promos - it's times like this that I wish I didn't live 1/2 way across the country

The COOL Forbidden Island Pusser's mug would have been great to add to my collection of Pusser's mugs from where I have enjoyed Pusser's - like Munich, Ft. Lauderdale....

Anyway - you all ENJOY that you've got a great bar nearby!!! Can't wait to visit next time I manage to make it to San Francisco

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquaorama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-28 8:10 pm   Permalink

Thank goodness I live within crawing distance...Arghh...my liver.

View Profile of aquaorama Send a personal message to aquaorama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
princessP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-01 5:23 pm   Permalink

Thursday? We'll be by.

View Profile of princessP Send a personal message to princessP  Email princessP Goto the website of princessP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nytshaed
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-02 10:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-01 17:23, princessP wrote:

Thursday? We'll be by.

What time are you kids getting there? My "friends" who live over here with me can never seem to make the time to get to Forbidden Island anymore, so dya want to share a table or corner of the bar? I can make it there by five after work to grab a fab location. Let me know!

View Profile of Nytshaed Send a personal message to Nytshaed  Email Nytshaed     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-03 11:44 am   Permalink

I'll be clicking my heels together on Thursday. I'll let you know if it works!

Arg. Darn Texas!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-09-06 10:13 am   Permalink

BUMP!!!!

TONIGHT!!!

YOU WOULD BE INSANE TO MISS IT!!!

INSANE!!!

RikiTikiTavi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-06 11:15 am   Permalink

Exxxcellent. Heading over after work. Excited to try the Pusser's 15-year!

View Profile of RikiTikiTavi Send a personal message to RikiTikiTavi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-09-06 12:05 pm   Permalink

I may be crazy, but I'm not insane! In other words, I'll be there.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
princessP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-06 4:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-02 22:48, Nytshaed wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-09-01 17:23, princessP wrote:

Thursday? We'll be by.

What time are you kids getting there? My "friends" who live over here with me can never seem to make the time to get to Forbidden Island anymore, so dya want to share a table or corner of the bar? I can make it there by five after work to grab a fab location. Let me know!

\

The Boys are going down at 5 pm. I'll be down more like 7 pm. I have a business to run.

View Profile of princessP Send a personal message to princessP  Email princessP Goto the website of princessP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTrevor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-06 4:53 pm   Permalink

DUDE, by luck, I'm going to be in Alameda tonight and my hotel is only 1/2 a mile away. I'm soooo gonna be there, but probably later in the night. My flight doesn't land until 8pm. F'n crazy coincedence

View Profile of TikiTrevor Send a personal message to TikiTrevor  Email TikiTrevor Goto the website of TikiTrevor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation