FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Help me pick a tiki /baseball logo please ...
Help me pick a tiki /baseball logo please ...
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-29 7:43 pm   Permalink

The Coronado Islanders High School baseball team in San Diego has hired me to create a tiki themed baseball logo for their team . These are rough sketches but Im looking for preferences please . Thanks, Ray

tiki batter....

tiki fielder...

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-08-29 7:45 pm   Permalink

WoooHooo! Congratulations. That's such an honor to be asked to design a mascot for a team. I like The Tiki Batter. The expression on his face needs more confidence. He needs to be a Tiki that will never strike out

[ This Message was edited by: WooHooWahine 2007-08-29 19:49 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Atari
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-29 7:53 pm   Permalink

Jobu say, Tiki-Batter rule. I would suggest (were it my project, which I realize it isn't) that a really superior logo can reduce to 1 or at most 1.5 inches and remain legible. Also; have you any plans to incorporate the team name? Perhaps a logotype treatment that incorporated the batter's mask, the ball (which is really nice, btw), and the bat with the team name would be nice.
Again, I realize that isn't what you asked; just some observations. I like the batter. (I do agree a little more confidence might be nice).

View Profile of Tiki-Atari Send a personal message to Tiki-Atari  Goto the website of Tiki-Atari     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-29 7:56 pm   Permalink

Like the Batter too.... Maybe a little more Maori looking though...

Fierce warriors

O.K. those are cookies but there's some other u-tubes you can link from there that might inspire you.

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-01 12:27 pm   Permalink

Hey congrats!!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-04 4:48 pm   Permalink

Hey, Ramone - love the shrunken head baseball. LOVE IT.

How about two crossed bats with a tiki head over them, sort of like a pirate flag? And the "Islanders" lettering through the middle?

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation