FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Music » » Nino Nardini fans ?
Nino Nardini fans ?
sushiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 5:47 pm   Permalink

Heard a cut from the Jungle Obsession and dug it . Album highly recommended ? Fans out there ? Fill me in please .

View Profile of sushiman Send a personal message to sushiman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kawentzmann
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 6:13 pm   Permalink

I like that very much, too. The entire album is great. It’s from a time when one wouldn’t expect any new Exotica releases anymore. But it’s outstanding! They manage to create that mood, while being unique and using synths and electric guitars and bass. I guess they had their usual library musicians and instruments and at times a blurry idea of Exotica. So the result is so unique. For people who like Perrey & Kingsley, late 60s Yma Sumac and Exotica it's the perfect record.
They’re pushing the bounderies - as if anybody cared then (early 70s?).

KK

View Profile of Kawentzmann Send a personal message to Kawentzmann  Goto the website of Kawentzmann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Selector Lopaka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-08-31 8:38 pm   Permalink

Hell bleeping yes! Nino Nardini and Roger Roger's Jungle Obsession is a staple in my DJ repertoire. It's a weird and wonderful album that fits right in beside classic exotica as well as other music I like to spin. I got my copy from Dusty Groove, but it's not on their website currently. It's out there somewhere reissued on vinyl and CD on Pulp Flavor records out of France.

View Profile of Selector Lopaka Send a personal message to Selector Lopaka  Email Selector Lopaka Goto the website of Selector Lopaka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sushiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-01 01:03 am   Permalink

Kinda suprisingly , I found two re-issue LPs and two CDs for sale on Japanese auction . Going for a CD .

View Profile of sushiman Send a personal message to sushiman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Joe's Pop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-03 3:34 pm   Permalink

That Nino Nardini (cool name) put together a beautiful album during an obvious Exotica low point. It's production is just gorgeous - who'd have thought of combining a mellow Ventures-esque rock combo with sweepingly high strings, vibes and steady grooves throughout. The cover itself is mod-cool and vividly reflected within the music. Each song has it's own feel, but the "theme", that is, Nardini's sound, is all his own.

View Profile of Tiki Joe's Pop Send a personal message to Tiki Joe's Pop  Goto the website of Tiki Joe's Pop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation