FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Panda, Roller Derby & Rum -- this Saturday!!!
Panda, Roller Derby & Rum -- this Saturday!!!
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-06 01:55 am   Permalink

Saturday @ 5pm I will be hosting tiki drinks @ my tiki bar in Los Gatos....then off to San Jose for roller derby, YES! -- real roller derby!!! More info on the roller derby match @ the SJ Civic Center can be found at:

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/9473

Send me a PM if you are interested in rum/tiki drink beforehand.

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-06 05:13 am   Permalink

Roller Derby....that reminds me of when I was a little kid...my Mom watched that show faithfully. It actually was fairly entertaining. We used to whoop and holler when one of the gals would reach behind her and swing another one forward, only to be thwarted by the other team's gals linked together to keep anyone behind them....then suddenly the aggressor would bend down and slip through the line between someone's legs and win the round. I already have plans for this weekend, or I would be very tempted to join you....have fun!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 08:59 am   Permalink

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Panda!
Kick some Ass for the Ohana!
I was addicted to Roller Derby in the 70's as a pre-teen/teenager in Illinois!
Glad to see the lost art going thru a revival!
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Panda!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
panda

Posted: 2007-09-07 12:46 pm   Permalink

awesome! everyone in the area should try and make it because it's going to be really fun. here are some pictures from our last game.

yah!
panda

View Profile of panda Send a personal message to panda      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Heath
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 4:16 pm   Permalink

Sounds like a blast! Unfortunately I'm a little south of the Bay Area.
Luckily this is what we've got down here,
www.derbydolls.com/sd/ .

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-07 6:10 pm   Permalink

Panda I would love to see you in action. I remember the old T-Birds from the 70's as a kid.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King Bushwich the 33rd
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-08 01:24 am   Permalink

Whooaa Nelly! Who could forget Dick Lane and the L.A. T-Birds?

L.A. T-Birds Rollergames

[ This Message was edited by: KING BUSHWICH THE 33RD 2007-09-08 01:28 ]

View Profile of King Bushwich the 33rd Send a personal message to King Bushwich the 33rd  Goto the website of King Bushwich the 33rd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
monet2u
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 2:10 pm   Permalink

I used to love roller derby and have been wanting to check out the new leagues. I was tempted to go Saturday, but time slipped away from me. Next time for sure!

View Profile of monet2u Send a personal message to monet2u      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 4:18 pm   Permalink

too bad! You missed this......

I'm gonna try and go NEXT time!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation