FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts chin tiki lamp restoration!!
chin tiki lamp restoration!!
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-08 09:26 am   Permalink

okay- i was inspired by tiki skips post about refurbishing a kahiki lamp.......these lamps were done early this year but i thought i would share anyway since it was along the same lines...

behold!!!

... the following pics are of some rusty moldy lamps from chin tiki detroit....they were never used as they were still wrapped in moldy paper dated from the 60's......i've been told that these were from the mauna loa originally, since the mauna loa had lamps like this.....apparently chin tiki bought alot of the surplus from the mauna loa garage sale after the place went under after a few short months of operation....the lamps were battery powered ...obviously, the batteries were corroded and all else was unsalvageable so i made these into electric lamps.....

and the finished lamps......

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2007-09-08 09:37 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-08 10:39 am   Permalink

Those are AWESOME!
Great job.
I love these small table lamps.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-08 6:20 pm   Permalink

Those lamps turned out great! What a great find! They look A-1! Why is your Kon tiki bowl upside down? Lol

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-08 7:31 pm   Permalink

chin tiki lamp restoration- I thought that you were talking about your Black Moai table lamps Just pulling your leg

You did those lamps justice. They couldn't have looked better when they were new, whatever that would have looked like.

-April 597-0594

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-08 8:05 pm   Permalink

Excellent!!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-12 10:25 pm   Permalink

What a great job on an excellent relic, Dave!

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-13 04:11 am   Permalink

Fantastic! I just love what you did with those lamps.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GentleHangman
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-14 08:09 am   Permalink

Superlative job! They look magnificent!

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-14 10:39 am   Permalink

thanks for the compliments, all!!

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-14 10:43 am   Permalink

Awesome job! Great restoration!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-19 12:24 pm   Permalink

really nice!!!!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JimTandem
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-21 4:49 pm   Permalink

Isn't it satisfying to put some elbow grease into a project and come out with some cool stuff? Nice job Tipsy....now who's the sweetie on your corkboard?

View Profile of JimTandem Send a personal message to JimTandem  Email JimTandem     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-21 5:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-21 16:49, JimTandem wrote:
Isn't it satisfying to put some elbow grease into a project and come out with some cool stuff? Nice job Tipsy....now who's the sweetie on your corkboard?

thanks for all the positive feedback everyone......the girl on the cork board is one of those hooker flyers they have (not so much these days) all over the kiosks of vegas....and the ugly sucker you see in the background of the other picture is ol' howard stern.

teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-21 7:11 pm   Permalink

"now who's the sweetie on your corkboard"

That's April

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-22 5:56 pm   Permalink

That's Awesome dude!

Where do you find the time?

Keep up the good work!

Gnarley!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation