FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Anybody hear of a liquor called Coco-Rebe?
Anybody hear of a liquor called Coco-Rebe?
Robertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-09 1:06 pm   Permalink

need it in some recipes.

funny thing, went to the local liquor store and asked for it. The old timer behind the counter said, "We haven't sold that since the trader vic's left town in '92."

View Profile of Robertiki Send a personal message to Robertiki  Email Robertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rupe33
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 04:07 am   Permalink

I've got a coconut mug that spells it CocoRibe Liqueur... but have not seen the actual stuff.

~Rupe

View Profile of rupe33 Send a personal message to rupe33  Goto the website of rupe33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 06:48 am   Permalink

Not long ago I inherited a thing that looked like a dresser, but was a 192? chinese made bar, which unfolds like a transformer. It had a half gone flagon of Coco Ribe inside.

It came in a white bottle with a fake wood screw cap and seemed pretty much to be the same thing as Malibu. It had attached to it a little booklet with some recipes (for food and cocktails) but foolishly, I didn't hang on to it.

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gigantalope
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-20 7:42 pm   Permalink

Hey Robertiki, to my surprize, I found the Coco Ribe bottle and little recipe book, does this interest you?

View Profile of Gigantalope Send a personal message to Gigantalope  Email Gigantalope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jazzman
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-21 08:04 am   Permalink

A quick google search turned it up here:

http://www.shopritewines.com/vsku1002075.html

But it's got to be available elsewhere.
-Sam

View Profile of jazzman Send a personal message to jazzman  Email jazzman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-21 11:40 am   Permalink

I believe I spied a couple bottles on the shelf at my local rum dump. Of all places here in Michigan.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-30 2:59 pm   Permalink

wow, Yes, I would be interested in some koko-rebe. Drop me a line and we can figure it out.
Robert

View Profile of Robertiki Send a personal message to Robertiki  Email Robertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-08-31 9:16 pm   Permalink

I just listed a CocoRibe coconut mug--it is a great quality mug. One of my favorite coconuts!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270629552551

zazz!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-09-01 07:57 am   Permalink

Here's a 1979 ad for it from http://vintagebooze.com/

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Quasimodo57
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-11-29 10:52 pm   Permalink

I worked in the Caribbean during the 1980's and as I recall Coco Rebe was bottled in Jamaica. I still have vintage bottle of the stuff and it tastes much better than Malibu....true coconut flavors, not synthetic additives. The company that made it put all of their rums in a crockery bottle which was a collectors item in itself. Because of their thick bottle they did not break easily. Might check some duty free stores as a source. Last trip in the islands in 2004 I did see it and had some of it while in Grenada.

View Profile of Quasimodo57 Send a personal message to Quasimodo57      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jingleheimerschmidt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-30 09:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-10 06:48, Gigantalope wrote:
Not long ago I inherited a thing that looked like a dresser, but was a 192? chinese made bar,

Lol! I inherited one of those too. No booze in it though.

View Profile of jingleheimerschmidt Send a personal message to jingleheimerschmidt      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CincyTikiCraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-30 5:46 pm   Permalink

CocoRibe Coconut Liqueur had it's heyday back in the 1970's. The brand is still in limited distribution, but you'll have to hunt around for it. I saw a couple of hits on a Google search for retailers who are selling it.

View Profile of CincyTikiCraig Send a personal message to CincyTikiCraig      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation