FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Looking for Tiki bar ideas...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Looking for Tiki bar ideas...
Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-09 11:03 pm   Permalink

Hey Gang,

Looking for Tiki bar ideas for a small 8'x12' apartment room. The bar would have to be small, but cozy. I have a nice beginner mug collection, lots of Tiki Farm. Just looking to put the whole room together. Any decor ideas would be great, cheaper the better. I can always upgrade.

Thanks in advance...

Rick

View Profile of Bogielocks Send a personal message to Bogielocks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 10:21 am   Permalink

Well, you're working with a fairly small space, so obviously you don't want to crowd yourself. Use space wisely and don't over do it with a lot of stuff on the floor. Cover or paint the walls, use masks and pictures, hang stuff from the ceiling in the corners. Is this in a bedroom with big rolling closet doors? If so, remove the doors for more space. Make it your own, make it comfortable, make it a place people want to come back to. Good luck!

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-10 12:38 pm   Permalink

Mirrors also make a small space look larger and if you are displaying bottles and such it is a nice affect. Lighter colors keep a small place more open and there are so many great tan grasswallpapers and thatch, that you should be able to get something going with bamboo and such. Do you have an IKEA store where you live...there are lots of storage display options through them.....or Pottery Barn has some nice wall units, and I like Cost Plus too. There are tons of great pictures of personal bars/lounges on this board, just use the search option and you will find lots of neat ideas.

Don't forget to post pictures of your project as you move along.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2007-09-10 12:58 pm   Permalink

For a Tiki Bar in a small space Inkylouise has a great example with her closet bar.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 2:22 pm   Permalink

Bogielocks,

Search the threads under "Home Bars" there are numerous examples of what people
with spaces of all sizes have done to create their Tiki space!

Thortiki

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 2:30 pm   Permalink

It'll fit perfect in the corner of the room (and shameless plug).....

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 2:49 pm   Permalink

Matt do you offer the TC dicount on the bars? (shamelees plug # 2)

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 3:09 pm   Permalink

To bulid on the closet idea, if you do have the type of closet with the double sliding doors remove the doors as said before and build the bar in the closet. Kinda like a recessed book shelf only bar. you could add a mirror to the "backbar" something that could come down easy(if your renting)to give a feel of depth to the small room and maybe some type of colored lighting to get the mood right. Above all go with what feels right to you.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blowfish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 3:12 pm   Permalink

Hey Bogielocks, TikiHula did an outstanding job in an apartment room... check out the Kapili room pics here: http://www.tikiroom.net/gallery/main.php/homedecor/ going to his place was like walking into a tiki paradise... walking back out of the room left you wondering if you had just gotten back from a vacation.

View Profile of Blowfish Send a personal message to Blowfish  Email Blowfish Goto the website of Blowfish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 10:50 pm   Permalink

Holy Sh*t!!! The Kapili Room rocks.. That's great inspiration...

View Profile of Bogielocks Send a personal message to Bogielocks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-10 11:08 pm   Permalink

Not sure if this could be Tiki, or just geeky.. LOL I have one of these in my movie collection... Whatja think?

Rick

Tiki Matt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 2:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-10 14:49, dibroc wrote:
Matt do you offer the TC dicount on the bars? (shamelees plug # 2)

Sure, why not...

View Profile of Tiki Matt Send a personal message to Tiki Matt  Goto the website of Tiki Matt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 5:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-10 23:08, Bogielocks wrote:
Not sure if this could be Tiki, or just geeky.. LOL I have one of these in my movie collection... Whatja think?

Rick

Triolgy of Terror?? Karen Black??? No Sleep???

PTD

[ This Message was edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-09-11 17:54 ]

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 5:58 pm   Permalink

oops

[ This Message was edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-09-11 18:07 ]

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 5:58 pm   Permalink

Check out the living room of my 1,100 sq ft home here...you can make it work!

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=24875&forum=1&vpost=319023&hilite

Psycho Tiki D (I know I am and it's not how big it is, it is how you use it)!

[ This Message was edited by: Psycho Tiki D 2007-09-11 18:04 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation