FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Commercial okolehao may be back on the market soon
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Commercial okolehao may be back on the market soon
Okolehao
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 1:42 pm   Permalink

I've been in contact with a distiller who has hinted that they are in production of authentic okolehao and they could be making an announcement in the very near future. This is not a fly by night operation. It's a brand that is familiar. This is a direct quote from part of my correpondence with them:

"Thanks for the email and the interest. It is a little too early for us to announce anything concrete.....
Best we can say right now is keep checking our website . . . and before you know it your efforts will be rewarded. Sorry I can't say more, but our company's policy is to make product announcements when we have actual product on the shelves to sell."

I don't feel like I should reveal who they are because of their business plan. This could be 'vapor ware', but I don't get that feeling from all that's been given to me.

I know, I know . . TC has been down this road before. And yes, I could be making all this up, but if you've been following some of my other oke posts you know I'm very serious about the subject. I've been trying to get an authetic recipe and the obscure ingredients to make my own. A commercial vendor may beat me to the goal line.

View Profile of Okolehao Send a personal message to Okolehao  Goto the website of Okolehao     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-11 2:44 pm   Permalink

That wouldn't be Sandwich Islands Distilling Company on Maui would it?

Humuhumu caught wind of that in April of last year. Guess it's taking longer than expected.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Okolehao
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 3:14 pm   Permalink

No, not the Sandwich Islands Distilling Company situation. This is a different company.

View Profile of Okolehao Send a personal message to Okolehao  Goto the website of Okolehao     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koolau
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 11:47 pm   Permalink

I'll believe it when I drink it.

View Profile of Koolau Send a personal message to Koolau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Okolehao
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-12 08:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-11 23:47, Koolau wrote:
I'll believe it when I drink it.

Me too - but I'm hopeful.

Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-13 12:25 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I hope they make me a believer. I want an official Okolehao hangover!

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Okolehao
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-13 2:37 pm   Permalink

Crazy Al has his own opinion about okolehao!

http://www.tikimania.com/mp3/I'mPau.mp3

pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-15 1:11 pm   Permalink

The Crazed Mugs are doing a tune called Spirits of Okolehao that tells the story of two brothers who stunble across an old okolehao still in the hills of Hawai'i.

The tag line to every verse is something like "And you just can't put it down."

It ends with a ghostly warning. Spoooooooooky.

Sure would be nice to try a little of the real thing.
The posts here about once a year that have the promises are fun to read although so far... no ti juice.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-28 10:31 pm   Permalink

Well I watched the Three Sheets Hawaii tonight, and it reminded me of this long ago post.

Did some research sad to say, from what I can come up with is this. Kolani Distillers is suing Sandwich Islands Distillers. This was started in 2007 and is still in court on going.
I wonder if this is a trade secret thing or what. But sadly it may be some time before we get to see or taste any.

View Profile of Kahu Send a personal message to Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-11-08 2:33 pm   Permalink

Any news on the okolehao? Sandwich Island Distillers doesn't even have a website (that I could find) and Kolani is still working on theirs.
I am kind of assuming that neither one will have a product.

Who knows the 808 State gov ideas on this?

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kauaibobmon

Posted: 2009-12-13 1:14 pm   Permalink

A buddy visiting Maui yesterday brought me back a bottle of real 'Okolehao! It was made by Haleakala Distillers, out of Makawao town, Maui. Real ono stuff... bottle is already pretty much empty. From what he told me, only a few independent stores on Maui have it yet. I found a website for it www.haleakaladistillers.com

View Profile of kauaibobmon Send a personal message to kauaibobmon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-12-14 06:37 am   Permalink

AAAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHH! My brother was just on Maui a couple of days ago. Wish I would've known this...I would've made him go find a bottle and bring it back!

[ This Message was edited by: Rum Balls 2009-12-28 06:43 ]

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-12-27 11:36 pm   Permalink

From Today's Maui News...

http://mauinews.com/page/content.detail/id/527105.html?nav=10

Aloha

"TikiPop" On Instagram

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz Goto the website of Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Flaming Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-01-01 7:00 pm   Permalink

You might check out "Hi-Time Wine Cellers" in Costa Mesa,
we stopped by yesterday before going to the New Year's Eve,
Jungle Jettsetter Ball at Don the Beachcomber's,
and there was Okolehao (liquour)on the shelf,
the # is (949) 650 8463,
if you have questions ask for Forrest,
he always helps us.
hope it's what your looking for... P

View Profile of Flaming Tiki Send a personal message to Flaming Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-04 2:10 pm   Permalink

I have never tried Okolehao before, so I have nothing to compare it to.
To me personally, the Haleakala Distillers Okolehao smells/tastes like Almaretto or Frangelico.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation