FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Crazed Mugs/Haole Kats at the Mai Kai - OCT. 19
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Crazed Mugs/Haole Kats at the Mai Kai - OCT. 19
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 2:14 pm   Permalink

Friday, October 19th - The Crazed Mugs will join Haole Kats! for a night of music, merriment and Molokai magic at the magnificent Mai Kai.

It's all aloha.

For those of you who haven't heard Hot Lava's hit song "Rum Barrel" - this is your chance.
We'll be doing a set of originals - twice. Some of our other new tunes include "Find Forbbiden Island" "Marooned on the Mainland" "The Aloha Song" "Mystery Girl" "Spirits of Okolehao" and "Island People."

We'll be video-taping for a possible DVD and also recording some tunes for the new CD.

AND, Haole Kats! who were kind enough to let us horn in on their gig, (we love playing together), will be swinging the place hard with some Ol Skoo tunes and the loveliest of the Hawai'ian and Hapa Haole hits.

If you don't care to listen, then wear ear plugs and come anyway. The girls, the drinks, the food, the tikis, the atmosphere... did I mention the girls... oh yeah...

Friday, October 19th.
We'll be starting a little earlier than the standard "7pm" and be staying a little later than the standard "dawn."

[ This Message was edited by: pablus 2007-09-11 14:16 ]

[ This Message was edited by: pablus 2007-10-15 18:49 ]

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 3:26 pm   Permalink

Yes! We'll be there!!

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finkdaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 3:30 pm   Permalink

I don't even want to respond to this because it will make me too sad. Oh shit, I just did.

That is sure to be an incredible night. I do hope there is a DVD made. How cool would that be?!?!

View Profile of finkdaddy Send a personal message to finkdaddy  Email finkdaddy Goto the website of finkdaddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 5:54 pm   Permalink

Rum Barrel, Rum Barrel, Barrel of Rum!

I'll be the groupie in the front row screaming like it's the Beatles!!

Andy

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki_kiliki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 5:59 pm   Permalink

Very excited Pablus!! Can't wait to see all of you then!!

View Profile of tiki_kiliki Send a personal message to tiki_kiliki  Email tiki_kiliki Goto the website of tiki_kiliki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 6:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-11 17:54, Chip and Andy wrote:
I'll be the groupie in the front row screaming like it's the Beatles!!

Hey, no screaming through the entire song! I can't wait to see if they all bow in unison at the end of each song. Or maybe Pablus will smash his ukulele at the end of the set. Oh wait... that wasn't the Beatles.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 6:15 pm   Permalink

Joe is Ringo, Pablus is Paul, TJ & Hot Lava is John and Koka Nut & Josh are George. I'm feeling faint already. Can I have a lock of hair?

A

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-11 7:19 pm   Permalink

What would the chances be for getting this on satellite uplink? I subscribe to the Akashic Network; any chance we can get it on that?

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Jim & Jennifer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-12 07:26 am   Permalink

We'll be there Pablus screaming with Chip 'n Andy...pass that barrel please! Can't wait to see everyone there.

View Profile of Jungle Jim & Jennifer Send a personal message to Jungle Jim & Jennifer  Email Jungle Jim & Jennifer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-12 08:07 am   Permalink

Gee whiz, this sounds great! It's an earlier harvest this year so maybe I'll be free to make it out by then. Hope so! Keep up the good work(as it were).

-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-12 08:55 am   Permalink

wine barrel wine barrel barrel o wine

hey that works.

Weird Unc it would be a true delight to strum a few with you.
We know Wiki Wiki Mai and Kanakapila from your CD in the key you play them in and I'm sure you know many of the tunes we do as well. So bring that wine-stained uke of yours if you happen to make it out.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-13 05:55 am   Permalink

Count on us to be there, and if your lucky, Stump will scream for ya

View Profile of Loki Send a personal message to Loki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-13 09:05 am   Permalink

I wish I could be there! Good luck guys!

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-14 11:43 am   Permalink

So many exceptional musicians on this board. Hope the nights mana is captured on dvd, or cd or both. Here's to a memorable night.

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-15 11:51 am   Permalink

Sounds like another great roadtrip! But can I pull it off?

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation