FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Crazed Mugs/Haole Kats at the Mai Kai - OCT. 19
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Crazed Mugs/Haole Kats at the Mai Kai - OCT. 19
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-15 6:46 pm   Permalink

Well, fudge.
We could have done it anyway.

Oh well, we called and the reply we got was silence. So we had to go with the most recent experience of the Kats as they were just down there last month.

We'll pop a camera there and maybe try to grab the Rum Barrel song for TikiTube.

This is gonna be fun.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-20 8:20 pm   Permalink

Here are a few photos from the evening, will post more later.....

Flickr....

Praying to the Barrel of Rum Gods...

And the look on HotLava's face is priceless!

EDIT--
Link Fixed. Thanks Pablus.

[ This Message was edited by: chip and andy 2007-10-21 08:03 ]

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-21 05:34 am   Permalink

What a blast.
Of rum, tikis and music.

Finkdaddy was representing hard this night, everyone was wearing one.
I WON mine though. So there.

The place was packed, very encouraging.

I like when Dave Levy comes down to the front and buys a round of rum barrels for da boyz.
That's the golden ticket.

We got some video I need to go through to see if anything is decent enough to post.

Zinthia can play that uke and sing and look prime while doing it. Sign her up!

Hot Lava need a GPS for Christmas.

Haole Kats! are dreamy.

Hot Lava made up a bunch of Mai Kai drink checklists to hand out.
I just dipped it in black ink and had at it.

btw, Chip I think the link is broke - should be

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chipandandy/sets/72157602570098885

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hot Lava
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-22 08:43 am   Permalink

I swear I was only checking out her Rum Barrels!

That was a fun night -- and I even remember parts of it.

Thank you to everyone who introduced yourself to me. There's a bunch of you that I've seen at Hukilau and other events but was never able to put a face to a name. It was great to meet you all!

View Profile of Hot Lava Send a personal message to Hot Lava  Email Hot Lava     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-22 09:37 am   Permalink

A BIG mahalo goes out to Josh, TJ, Joe, pablus, Koka Nut and Hot Lava for some fantastic tunes Friday night! Oh, and Zinthia. Sign her up boys and all your gigs are guaranteed to be packed! Where did THAT come from?! And I got it on video, hehe.

Wish we could have stayed later, but I had a large contingent of my family there for two nights at the Mai-Kai and they were understandably tired after about 10 hours on the road. But not too tired for Pia to pull a couple of the young impressionable ones up on the dance floor. Blondes have all the fun.

Kern was his usual gracious, albeit very busy, self as he took the time to meet all of my family and share stories of horseback riding in Montana, which, by the way, is a LONG way from the Mai-Kai. Maybe he planted the seeds of a Mai-Kai Dude Ranch while he was there.

Will, it was great to meet you in person and to have time to talk about the "painted tikis". Although I did get a bit of burn on my back from having my back against the ropes for much of the conversation (kidding). Seriously, I'm thrilled to meet someone who has so much passion for the place and for what they do. But I did wish Sven was there with a more eloquent comeback when you made that "So what's wrong with devolution anyway?" comment.

Alohastation, it was great meeting you. My apologies for leaving the conversation at the bar. I was beginning to lose my voice having to scream over all that noise, er uh, I mean, the lovely sounds of the band. We must talk more again some time when I can actually hear what you're saying.

Elizabeth has one helluva scream. I almost dropped my camera. And Chris was in disguise. Must be a CIA informant.

Chip and Andy are good dancers. And Kiliki, good luck with the salon opening!

Liz, where were you?

Saturday night with the family was much quieter, since all the crazies were gone. I toured them through the whole place. They couldn't get over how BIG the place is. Neither can I. Kern had them seated so close to the stage, they got covered in dancer sweat. And my Dad got Mystery Girl-ed. That was the highlight of the weekend for me. He had no idea what was coming. Nor exactly how to act once it did come. Pure magic.

My family left after two nights at the Mai-Kai and said "So THAT'S why you like this place so much!" Mission accomplished.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation