FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events NYC: Zombie Hut, Brooklyn Thur. 9/27 - NY Ohana Meet Up!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
NYC: Zombie Hut, Brooklyn Thur. 9/27 - NY Ohana Meet Up!
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-15 08:51 am   Permalink

Okay, time for an easy tiki expedition:

Gather 7pm on Thursday, Sept. 27 at
Zombie Hut
273 Smith St
Brooklyn, NY 11231
Phone: (718) 875-3433
Cross Street: Degraw Street
Directions: F; G at Bergen St
This bar is Cash Only

Citysearch Review:

Born in a tiny lounge a few doors down, this ever-popular tiki bar grew into its current wide, deep and high-ceilinged space. Colorful fish swim in a giant tank, and an attractive staff stirs up potent frozen drinks, mai tais, and shareable scorpion bowls, served aflame with a few extra-long fluorescent straws. In the cozy back room, guests cuddle on couches, a tropical mural brightens the walls, and a wood-burning fireplace keeps the air balmy year-round.

The house specialty is the Frozen Zombie, an alcoholic Slurpee-like beverage that comes with a shot of 151 in its neon straw--so beware of the first sip! They also serve a Scorpion Bowl for 4 people.
Get $1 off cocktails from 5pm to 7pm on week nights

We have never been but have been wanting to check it out. It would be more fun with you all!
Aloha, Kiki and David

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-15 6:09 pm   Permalink

I should be able to make this!

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-16 11:37 am   Permalink

CaptainQuad is going to try to make this. I'm not sure whether or not I'll be able to, but hopefully he can get over there after work. We've been there once and enjoyed it. The first sip of the zombie is VERY boozy!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-16 5:33 pm   Permalink

Kiki = thanks for finding new things for the group to do! I think Nicole and I can make it. We have also never been to the Hut but have been wanting to go for a long time. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-17 06:29 am   Permalink

Mary and I will try to make it.

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-17 07:46 am   Permalink

I think I will be able to make this after all!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-19 5:26 pm   Permalink

D'OH! I need to start reading these things a little more carefully! I thought it was tomorrow night, even though Kiki put the date right in the subject line. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it after all. I'll miss seeing you!

populuxe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-21 6:25 pm   Permalink

Thanks for posting this Kiki. I have walked past the Zombie Hut twice now but it was during the day and they weren't open. I really want to go. Count us in. We just moved to Brooklyn a month ago and we are looking forward to meeting the NY Tiki Ohana. Vanessa and Brian.

View Profile of populuxe Send a personal message to populuxe  Email populuxe Goto the website of populuxe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-21 8:18 pm   Permalink

I was on the fence with this one because I didn't want to drive and be tempted by their glorious drinks. But last night I was t-boned by a pick-up truck, and that kind of made my decision for me. All I have now is a bike, and there is no way I'm going to ride it into Brooklyn to drink rum drinks. I'll look forward to the next gathering.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-22 10:23 am   Permalink

Raf - sorry to hear about the accident and I hope the car was the only one damaged.

Hopefully we will see you at future gatherings.

Joe

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kollektor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-22 12:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-21 20:18, Raffertiki wrote:
But last night I was t-boned by a pick-up truck

John -- while reading your post I assumed you got hit while on your new Triumph. So, strange as it may sound, I was very relieved that you had a CAR accident (hopefully w/o injury!). Try and make it to Otto's -- especially Nov 3. Dave

View Profile of Tiki Kollektor Send a personal message to Tiki Kollektor  Goto the website of Tiki Kollektor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-23 07:58 am   Permalink

What's at Otto's (Shrunken Head I presume) on Nov. 3, Tiki Kollektor?

And sorry to hear about the driving snafu, Raffertiki
that's one thing I dig about Gotham, subways!

[quote]
On 2007-09-22 12:28, Tiki Kollektor wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-09-21 20:18, Raffertiki wrote:
Try and make it to Otto's -- especially Nov 3. Dave

[ This Message was edited by: KikiTiki 2007-09-23 08:01 ]

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kollektor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-23 10:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-23 07:58, KikiTiki wrote:
What's at Otto's (Shrunken Head I presume) on Nov. 3, Tiki Kollektor?

Bongo Surf AND Mister Neutron in the same night!

View Profile of Tiki Kollektor Send a personal message to Tiki Kollektor  Goto the website of Tiki Kollektor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Raffertiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-23 6:29 pm   Permalink

That's everyone, but yes I am very okay.
TIKI Kollecktor, if I was on my bike I would've been creamed and buried in a coffee tin, but thankfully I wasn't. It gave me a lot to think about though, especially considering the Triumph became my only mode of transportation. I will definately shoot for Otto's. That's an easy train ride, and a cab. Life is a funny place.

View Profile of Raffertiki Send a personal message to Raffertiki  Email Raffertiki Goto the website of Raffertiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-24 10:29 am   Permalink

I have been curious about this place also and would love another excuse to hang out with the NYC tiki crowd (and of course guzzle rum!) Can anyone give this outer borough challenged East Villager travel advice? Like what's the best way to get there?

Anyone know more about the vibes of this place? Is it loud rock and roll like Otto's?

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation