FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Central's Tiki Crawl 7 is Nov. 8th-11th! UPDATE: Mug release at FI, Webcast announcement
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Tiki Central's Tiki Crawl 7 is Nov. 8th-11th! UPDATE: Mug release at FI, Webcast announcement
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-19 8:27 pm   Permalink

Aloha everyone,

I'm pleased to announce the dates of the Tiki Central Tiki Crawl ... the event that started it all! Everything you need to know can be found on
The official Tiki Central Tiki Crawl website!

Update: Locations and times available for all four days on our Locations page!

Update: Forbidden Island will be host to a very special mug release during the Saturday leg of the Tiki Crawl. Details here.

Update: Can't make it to the Crawl? Watch it stream live on Tiki Central!

Update:Download and print your own schedule for the crawl.

Transportation discussion starts on page 4 of this topic.

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore 2007-11-07 18:45 ]

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-19 10:27 pm   Permalink

Yaaaaay!

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-19 10:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-19 22:27, suzanne wrote:
Yaaaaay!

My sentiments exactly!!!

Thanks for not doing it the first weekend in November!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-19 10:42 pm   Permalink

Whahoo!!!!

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2007-09-19 11:28 pm   Permalink

Why no official bus?

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-20 12:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-19 23:28, Hakalugi wrote:
Why no official bus?

The bus is the single biggest expense, the single biggest risk, and one of the hardest aspects to organize (selling the tickets, head counts, coordinating with the bus company, managing crowd expectations with each location, etc.) L The event is getting off to a late start as it, and in order to reduce the amount risk I decided to drop the Bus from my organizing duties and focus on other aspects of the event.

I strongly encourage crawl goers to organize your own transportation options in the California Events forum, and I'll link to those topic(s) from the main Crawl site.

Mahalo!

Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-20 05:33 am   Permalink

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I CAN'T GO!

I am singing in the chorus of Romeo and Juliet and we open that weekend! I'm heartbroken! ACK!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-20 06:20 am   Permalink

I am going to do everything possible to get over there again! I will even learn to fly if I have to!
I got some practice in at FI last year.

Suzanne....Bummer! Does that mean I have to wait till next Hukilau 2 see ya?

It will be great to see everyone I met last year again!

Oh yeah, Thanks Hanford! It has to be allot of work and you are appreciated!

[ This Message was edited by: Bohemiann 2007-09-20 06:22 ]

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tai Won On
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-20 07:04 am   Permalink

Organizing the bus does sound like a tremendous amout of work, but that was the draw. Not having to drive in unfamiliar cities, hanging out with fellow TC'ers, and delicious rum drinks sounds great.
It'll take incredible super powers to be a designater driver at an event like this. Any volunteers???

View Profile of Tai Won On Send a personal message to Tai Won On  Email Tai Won On     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-20 08:35 am   Permalink

I will check and see if Chris is going to try and come with me again this year. He.... does not drink but is a real sport and might be willing to drive a van the last night if I score him a ticket with my Skymiles.

Although I am trying to use them to get me close to Easter Island.

He was appreciative last year but I think I would much rather he show it this year by driving instead of giving me stubble burn.

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-20 08:43 am   Permalink

What a great beginning to the holidays! Count 2 more Crawlers for Friday thru Sunday. Thanks, Hanford! Yeehaw.......

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-20 09:10 am   Permalink

"Learnin' to fly, but I ain't got wings...." (One of my other favorite people from Florida!)

Quote:

On 2007-09-20 06:20, Bohemiann wrote:
I am going to do everything possible to get over there again! I will even learn to fly if I have to!
I got some practice in at FI last year.

Suzanne....Bummer! Does that mean I have to wait till next Hukilau 2 see ya?

Bohemiann, I am heartbroken about this. I had a mad plan hatching to try and get there but I don't know if I can truly make it work. Check your pms.

martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-09-20 09:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-09-20 07:04, Tai Won On wrote:
Organizing the bus does sound like a tremendous amout of work, but that was the draw. Not having to drive in unfamiliar cities, hanging out with fellow TC'ers, and delicious rum drinks sounds great.
It'll take incredible super powers to be a designater driver at an event like this. Any volunteers???

I would encourage people to look not just into taxis, but also 8,10,12,14 or more passenger limos or vans. Start PMing people, round up friends- we'll post the names of some reputable limo/shuttle companies we've worked with in the past. It is a great feature, and hell, if you're feeling a little spendy, you can get something much nicer than what we could afford in the past.

Don't panic- it will be fine.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RikiTikiTavi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-20 10:47 am   Permalink

Alas! I will be attending a wedding on the East Coast (I guess some people still live there?) this weekend. And I was so looking forward to it!

View Profile of RikiTikiTavi Send a personal message to RikiTikiTavi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-09-20 10:49 am   Permalink

YEAH!!! Count me in on this one. I will drive and probably have some friends along for the event. I am so glad you will be posting info here Hanford. I have that AOL mail addy and seldom check my other 100 email addresses.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation