FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Tiki Central's Tiki Crawl 7 is Nov. 8th-11th! UPDATE: Mug release at FI, Webcast announcement
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Tiki Central's Tiki Crawl 7 is Nov. 8th-11th! UPDATE: Mug release at FI, Webcast announcement
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-11 08:42 am   Permalink

Thanks Teakey I was hit and run yesterday and did not catch my crummy coding

[ This Message was edited by: Chongolio 2007-11-11 10:08 ]

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-11 10:09 am   Permalink

A HUGE thank you to TikiTastic Mark. What an absolute standup guy...after offering up his van, and the driver dropped out...he drove our drunken selves all over the place. Essentially, giving up some of his fun for our benefit and honoring a commitment. THANK YOU MARK!

Oh, and the family reunion of the cousins was great. It's so great to have Ohana on TC!

P.S. Thanks to Hanford, Martin, and Mai Tai for coordinating such a great event. Cheers to play dough today! See ya all soon!

Quote:

On 2007-11-10 11:55, Mai Tai wrote:
We're up, going to grab some grub, then headin' over to the crawl! Wooooooooooooo!!!

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-11 10:53 am   Permalink

A HUGE thank you to TikiTastic Mark

I'll second that emotion. Mark is now number one tiki dude in my book. With his patient herding of many random tiki cats from here to there he richly deserves much respect and accolades. Thank you Tikitastic!

midnite

PS Come on, man. I had a rough night and I hate fuckin' Journey, man!

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-11 11:19 am   Permalink

More fun times, jocularity and tiki hi-jinx. It was really awesome to see all y'all again both in the flesh and your digital doppleganger on the stream. I have not seen shout that lively in a long time. You know the drill... Go to my blog to see the slide show of all my pics. Here are a few teasers for ye:

Martiki Bergeron

This one is so classic I had to post it twice

Are you lookin' at me?

Various Apes

Ladies of refinement, grace and tiki

Lost-Isle
Coconut Wired Podcast
Barefoot bloggin'

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIWAGON
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-11 11:22 am   Permalink

looks like you all had a great time as usual,shame we couldnt make it but at least we have got a trader vics over here in england and we will be sinking plenty of mai tais this coming saturday!!

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Chris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-11 11:36 am   Permalink

Sitting here at LAX wishing I was still at Forbidden Island. You Bay area TCers are the nicest, kindest bunch of folks I've ever met. Thank you all for the mega dose of aloha spirit ... I'm really blown away.

Mahalo for making this trip so much fun!
Chris

View Profile of Tiki Chris Send a personal message to Tiki Chris  Email Tiki Chris Goto the website of Tiki Chris     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-11 5:25 pm   Permalink

Hey Chongolio,
Sorry I missed ya on Friday night. I made it out to FI last night and had a great time. Hope to see everyone again next year.
Big mahaloz to Hanford, Martin and the rest of the cats who made another great Tiki Crawl possible!
Aloha,

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-11-11 10:41 pm   Permalink

Wow! What a Great Weekend!

Thank You Hanford, Martiki, Mai Tai and everyone involved.

Special Big Thanks to TikiTastic Mark for going Above and Beyond the call of duty. You are the King and KingTastic is what I will call you until I fall asleep.

Thanks also to Conga “Magic Moves” Mike for showing us how it’s done.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Von Zombie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-11-12 11:13 am   Permalink

What can I say, the crawl was awesome!!!

Big Mahalo's to Martiki, Mai Tai , Hanford...

Martin thanks for playing cabbie to Tai and I. Talk about your full service bar!

I met a lot of wonderful folks from all over I can't wait to see you all again.

Chongolio & Chris thanks for coming in from so far away.

Oh and Tia Won on I don't think there will be the usual home bar get together this week my livers on strike!

[ This Message was edited by: Dr. Von Zombie 2007-11-12 11:16 ]

View Profile of Dr. Von Zombie Send a personal message to Dr. Von Zombie  Email Dr. Von Zombie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tai Won On
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-12 12:06 pm   Permalink

Redundant may be my middle name but I have to thank everyone as well. Tiki Chris was right, the nicest people worked incredibly hard to ensure a good time for all.

Forbidden Island and Martiki had some huge shoes to fill after the legendary tales of kindness, skills, and knowledge we'd heard. I have to say we we NOT disappointed. His SuperHero status is WELL DESERVED.

I can't wait until we get back up there.

Thanks to you all.

If anyone has the link that teaches idiots how to post pictures readily handy, I'll embarrass myself further.

P.S. Dr.Von Zombie- livers are overrated. So...Thursday?

View Profile of Tai Won On Send a personal message to Tai Won On  Email Tai Won On     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-12 4:19 pm   Permalink

Pictures!!! There were tons taken. Start postin...

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-12 6:22 pm   Permalink

Anything for you CoCo LoCo

A special Frankoma style War God called Mai Tai (Yellow and Brown)was made for the occasion. Gecko produced it in Hawaii Forbidden Island is carved on the bottom. I have some left for sale $95 plus actual cost for shipping to you. Contact me through TC personal messages if you would like to have one. First come first serve until they are gone.

I also have some of the Hawaiian Honu Green War Gods for sale as well.

I also displayed my newest mug design Tiki Crate with the Forbidden Island tiki inside, that shows in the photo. Gecko and I will produce these in the future.

Mike and Martin threw a wonderful party at Forbidden Island our favorite tiki bar. Thank you! It was good to see friends, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-13 2:06 pm   Permalink

Sigh. Another year, another SF Tiki Crawl. Many memories, many good times indeed.

First off, let me extend a specific thank you to HL for his stewardship of the Crawl. His live webcast of the Crawl put the events into a new arena of fun. Some serious kudos for Hanford to pull that off, even if I have no idea how it all worked. Muchos gracias as well to Martiki for his expertise as host and Crawl planner; Martiki is an old hand at Crawl logistics and his input is always appreciated. I don't know what Mai Tai told Trader Vic's but those folks came through at Frisco and Emeryville. Way to go, partner.

I wish I could have had more time visiting with all the Crawlers. Some made it here from far away, and a few even farther than that, to attend the events. Time goes by so quickly, there never seems to be enough hours, or Journey songs, to enjoy.

This year I take away many fond memories of the Crawl weekend, and a few candid snappies to memorialize the festivities. I'll never forget little Baby F.I., who made it through the storm and was saved by one of the three wise men. He is the Miracle of the Tiki Crawl and will forever act as a beacon of hope and salvation for future Crawl pilgrims. Tiny Baby F.I. showed us what is pure and righteous in the world, that deep down everyone is good and when given the right time and place we all can do wonderful things. Yes, our individual feats of charity and compassion shall contribute to a wider well of goodwill that betters us all.

Then again, there's this:

QUICKSAND!

midnite

PS In 2002 Hanford said that from then on he'd say zazz instead of cool. Arrghhh! I knew that, I knew that!

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-13 4:02 pm   Permalink

Thursday was the highest highlight for me. "Linda" (lurker on TC) at Martini Monkey, who I never met before was very eager to write my name "Jungle" on the name tag, so I let her. She said she was very good at writing. Well I can't read cursive and neither can anyone else. "Jungle" just looked too damn fancy for me so I discreetly pulled the tag off and wrote it on another tag all the while she's screaming that I've insulted her and we're getting a divorce now. Then she tells me I write like a second grader (that's it, we're definitely getting a divorce now) all the while I'm trying to peel the sticker off the tag. I spent half an hour trying to peel the sticker. Then she tries for 5 minutes, then Drunken Hat looks at it and says it's already been peeled off and there is no sticker. SHIT! "Linda" lost it at this point and was laughing hysterically. I decided it would be better to be Vic Nolte "Famous Movie Star".

Michelle the Shooter and buxom blonde (no TC name) was dressed to kill. Absolutely stunning. YES! Anybody get a shot of her?

I was an eyewitness to the near burning of Palo Alto TV's along with Hanford's secret Kinko's box, courtesy of Unga Bunga. Believe me folks when I say it was much more dramatic in real time than on webcast, I mean it. It was like Beavis and Butthead all over again, FIRE FIRE HEH heh Heh HEH yeah

Thanks to Hat for driving us home. I slept in the back seat as he drove and woke up with a deep ridge across the side of my face from the seat. And thanks for letting me crash at The Dark Marq room. Yeah, I got home at 6:30 in the morning. As I'm sipping my coffee and reading the paper in my usual position (like I never left) the wife gets up and says, "When did you get home?" "Just now" I reply to which I begin to duck for cover. frying pans were flying.

That is all.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2007-11-13 18:31 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-13 7:06 pm   Permalink

Fabulous pictures of everyone and the crazy antics. I had fun watching online (no dui with that kind of action).

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation