FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Central's Tiki Crawl 7 is Nov. 8th-11th! UPDATE: Mug release at FI, Webcast announcement
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
Tiki Central's Tiki Crawl 7 is Nov. 8th-11th! UPDATE: Mug release at FI, Webcast announcement
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-13 7:21 pm   Permalink

JT aka Vick Nolte,

Ahhhh, now I know why we didn't see you the rest of the crawl...hope all the pots and pans are righted and no more dents in your head. We missed ya

Quote:

On 2007-11-13 16:02, Jungle Trader wrote:
Thursday was the highest highlight for me. "Linda" (lurker on TC) at Martini Monkey, who I never met before was very eager to write my name "Jungle" on the name tag, so I let her. She said she was very good at writing. Well I can't read cursive and neither can anyone else. "Jungle" just looked too damn fancy for me so I discreetly pulled the tag off and wrote it on another tag all the while she's screaming that I've insulted her and we're getting a divorce now. Then she tells me I write like a second grader (that's it, we're definitely getting a divorce now) all the while I'm trying to peel the sticker off the tag. I spent half an hour trying to peel the sticker. Then she tries for 5 minutes, then Drunken Hat looks at it and says it's already been peeled off and there is no sticker. SHIT! "Linda" lost it at this point and was laughing hysterically. I decided it would be better to be Vic Nolte "Famous Movie Star".

Michelle the Shooter and buxom blonde (no TC name) was dressed to kill. Absolutely stunning. YES! Anybody get a shot of her?

I was an eyewitness to the near burning of Palo Alto TV's along with Hanford's secret Kinko's box, courtesy of Unga Bunga. Believe me folks when I say it was much more dramatic in real time than on webcast, I mean it. It was like Beavis and Butthead all over again, FIRE FIRE HEH heh Heh HEH yeah

Thanks to Hat for driving us home. I slept in the back seat as he drove and woke up with a deep ridge across the side of my face from the seat. And thanks for letting me crash at The Dark Marq room. Yeah, I got home at 6:30 in the morning. As I'm sipping my coffee and reading the paper in my usual position (like I never left) the wife gets up and says, "When did you get home?" "Just now" I reply to which I begin to duck for cover. frying pans were flying.

That is all.

[ This Message was edited by: Jungle Trader 2007-11-13 18:31 ]

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-13 9:26 pm   Permalink

Um yeah, thanks Jay for working so hard and all you other guys behind the scenes for the entire crawl. You know who you are.

The Palo Alto Trader Vic's tiki's are jaw-dropping museum quality pieces and they are huge. First time for me. Get out and support them both. Hurry.

ALOHA!

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-14 12:12 pm   Permalink

I only took my camera on Saturday, but I've finally thrown together a snapfish album of the pics that I did take. It can be found here. And for those of you who do not have a snapfish account, here is the Flickr version of the same batch of photos. Here are just a few of my favorites to whet your appetites:

[ This Message was edited by: jentiki 2007-11-14 12:57 ]

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tai Won On
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-14 3:59 pm   Permalink

Each worth a thousand words:

View Profile of Tai Won On Send a personal message to Tai Won On  Email Tai Won On     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-14 5:41 pm   Permalink

Dr. Von Zombie and Tai Won On, it was a great meeting both of you! Great pics!

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-14 7:20 pm   Permalink

Four days of crawling have finally come to an end! Thanks goes out to everyone who joined in and helped celebrate both classic Tiki venues and the modern bars that are keeping the Tiki Torch lit. It's always great to get Tiki Centralites together, and introduce new people into our scene as well.

If you enjoyed the locations you visited, run over to
Yelp and post something positive about them! The Crawl is about supporting our local Tiki Bars, and this is a good way to make sure these locations get the proper respect they deserve, so that these bars are enjoyed 365-a-year, and not just on the week of the Crawl.

I'd personally like to thank Martin Cate and Bill Graff for helping me pull this together; Tikitastic for providing an unofficial bus this year; Michael and Mano at the Conga Lounge; The crew at Forbidden Island; Nick at the Bamboo Hut; Jay Crabb and the owners of Martini Monkey; Dan Doherty at Smoke Tiki; Yavuz at Trader Vic's San Francisco; Anke at Trader Vic's Emeryville; The staff at Trader Vic's Palo Alto; Doug at Kona Club; Phil at Justin.TV; And the dedicated employees of all the host locations, and of course everyone at Tiki Central who make this event worth throwing each year! Mahalo! (see the official thank you with links to all our locations on the official site)

~Hanford

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore 2007-11-14 19:27 ]

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-11-15 12:30 pm   Permalink

Mahalo yet again to everyone who came up, over, and down to Tiki Crawl VII this year! Thanks for continuing to show the love to Bay Area Tiki, especially from all of us at Forbidden Island. And of course, thanks to Hanford & Bill! It was a great weekend: Let's do it again next year!

Too many good pictures to count, so here's my favorites:

Judo chop!

This may be why the webcam was blurry.

4 out of 5 dentists agree that navy grog sugar sticks
are NOT good for your teeth, midnite.

Tradtional Menehune earwax removal technique.

That's how we roll, bitches.

(Ms. Midnite fears disaster)

heheh.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-11-18 12:48 pm   Permalink

Great pictures everyone.

Here are a few of my favorites.

Looking forward to next year.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2007-12-10 7:33 pm   Permalink

Oops! I forgot to post pictures of these Crawlers -

They were nice and not too chatty.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tekoteko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-10 8:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-10 19:33, Bora Boris wrote:
Oops! I forgot to post pictures of these Crawlers -

They were nice and not too chatty.

Did they have graphic weeners with 360 degree kung-fu grip?

View Profile of tekoteko Send a personal message to tekoteko  Email tekoteko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-10 11:15 pm   Permalink

aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh scary

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation