[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts TikiKirby's tangaroa shower
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
TikiKirby's tangaroa shower
TikiKIrby
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-21 8:57 pm   Permalink

hello,
been following vantiki's awesome bathroom remodel and it inspired me to post some pics of my bathroom remodel. specifically, the shower... it was my first time working with tile, but i felt the urge to create a tiki in mosaic. here are some pics of the work so far (still needs grout and to be cleaned). hope you fellow tiki fans appreciate tang's placement. the reason i went with tangaroa is because i've named our backyard bar the tangaroa room ..

View Profile of TikiKIrby Send a personal message to TikiKIrby  Email TikiKIrby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2007-09-21 9:40 pm   Permalink

WOWIE ZOWIE....I love it. TC is definitely an inspiring place. Your shower is looking awesome, the crossed palms are wicked, the tiki is great and the colors are perfect. Thanks for posting the pictures.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suburbanpagan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-21 10:09 pm   Permalink

Wow! That is incredible! Nice placement of the handle too! Hilarious and yet so appropriate! Excellent work!

View Profile of suburbanpagan Send a personal message to suburbanpagan  Email suburbanpagan Goto the website of suburbanpagan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-09-22 11:46 am   Permalink

Excellent!! GROG like.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
NOTCH
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-22 1:24 pm   Permalink

Very nice! Notch like too

View Profile of NOTCH Send a personal message to NOTCH  Email NOTCH     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiKIrby
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-22 2:40 pm   Permalink

mahalo everyone for your kind comments, this home remodel has taken me away from my art work. i felt i just had to do something tiki with all those regular tiles...

aloha,
TikiKirby

View Profile of TikiKIrby Send a personal message to TikiKIrby  Email TikiKIrby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tahitiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-09-22 9:39 pm   Permalink

Love the design and the color choice. It's looking great already.
Can't wait to see it with the grout. This is the coolest shower.

View Profile of Tahitiki Send a personal message to Tahitiki  Email Tahitiki Goto the website of Tahitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-23 7:59 pm   Permalink

Hot damn! That is sooooo nice! I just walked the laptop over to Ms. VanTiki so she could peek at your cool stuff while she grouts the tile in our bathroom. I see you used kerdi waterproofing too! good times. Do you guys have a second shower to use while you do the tile work?

Henrik "VanTiki"

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiKIrby
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-23 9:55 pm   Permalink

mahalo vantiki, i've been following the progress on your bathroom here and on that tile site, and i have to say it looks fantastic!! yeah i'm doin the whole kerdi/ditra thing cause it seems like the best way to keep everything sealed and not have to kill yourself with cement board. this is our small bathroom, and i did what you guys did tear everything out and start new. luckily we have another bathroom so it wasn't a major crisis but we plan to redo that bathroom also (different colors but similar). i just figured i'd make my mistakes and learn on this small bath before i do the main bathroom. but having done this, i have alot of appreciation for the work you guys are doing on top of the tiles you created, keep up the good work... i'll be grouting this week and i'll post more pics then..

aloha tikikirby

pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-24 03:18 am   Permalink

You must have mad skills or the pateince of a saint to make those tile cuts. Either way, it looks like you worked really hard. Awesome!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiKIrby
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-09-28 10:54 pm   Permalink

the grout is in, almost ready to shower...

VampiressRN

Posted: 2007-09-29 7:53 pm   Permalink

Simply beautiful.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-29 10:10 pm   Permalink

How fantastic. Really nice work, and how clever! I love it.

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-30 11:39 am   Permalink

Awesome!

The tap is the best! Beautiful work!

Now, all I have to do is buy a place here, and fly you out and have you do the shower!
K. Angel Pilago (Hawaiian Elder & my personal Yoda)
[img]http://tikiroom.com/img/5514x538c224a.jpg[

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-30 8:23 pm   Permalink

If you are interested in doing more of these showers, e-mail me, I have clients that would order them today.

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation