FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Creating Tiki ╗ ╗ Other Crafts ╗ ╗ TikiDiego's Tiki Mug Shelfs! New boat shelf on page 2!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
TikiDiego's Tiki Mug Shelfs! New boat shelf on page 2!
ScarabaTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-31 7:13 pm   Permalink

That shelf is absolutely awesome. One of the best mug shelves ever. Great imagination.

"Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough." ŚMark Twain

View Profile of ScarabaTiki Send a personal message to ScarabaTiki  Email ScarabaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDiego
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-01-08 8:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks again for the positive feedback, I'm really glad that the crew here likes the silly shelves that I've put together so far.

So as always, with Tiki Mug capacity at **overloaded**, I'm always on the lookout for new mug shelf options.

Here's the new one I am working on. I found this boat shelf at the Swap Meet two weeks ago, and got it for a steal. I love bargaining! It was pretty well beat up. The nose of the boat was totally smashed in.

A little spackle, wood filler, paint, and some netting material later... it's on it's way to turning into a what I hope is faily respectable mug shelf!

The boat as it started. I've already made the repairs to the nose here.

With the green paint done, and starting the prep work with a little pinstripers tape to mask for the brown portion.

As it is tonight!

Next steps are to add two small glass floats on the sides that my wife picked up at the Freaky Boutiki, maybe some small lettering with it's name, and then hang it up on the wall. I'm still debating some sort of rope decoration on it, but I'm not sure what I want to do. If anyone has some good suggestions for ways to improve it, I'm all ears!

My wife has christened it the "SS Kobey" in honor of the swap meet we love so much.

[ This Message was edited by: TikiDiego 2008-01-08 21:01 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikidiego 2008-01-08 21:15 ]

View Profile of TikiDiego Send a personal message to TikiDiego  Goto the website of TikiDiego     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-08 9:22 pm   Permalink

Another winner! I'm feeling inspired by your creativity. Everything is now looking like a possible mug shelf.

www.tikikaimuki.com

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDiego
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-01-17 9:27 pm   Permalink

Alrighty... I think I'm about done with the boat shelf. It's upon on the wall and looking good. I might add some interior lighting to it later in the future, but for now I'm pretty happy with it.

Cap'n Holdfast looks like he was made for this shelf:

And finally, a shot with all three of the shelfs that I have made, and how they look all together in the living room:

View Profile of TikiDiego Send a personal message to TikiDiego  Goto the website of TikiDiego     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation