FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Exotic Erotic Slave Girl - No, Really!
Exotic Erotic Slave Girl - No, Really!
Fres-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-22 8:33 pm   Permalink

I found this wooden carving in a shop in Cayucos on the Central CA coast.
All the tag on it said was "Burma Slave Girl." I was wondering if anybody could tell me anything more about a carving like this...

As you can see, she's quite full-figured and doesn't seem to be suffering too much from her "Slave Girl" status.
Both my friend and I spotted her at the same time. Picture two grown men doing a slow motion tug-o-war over the figure all the way to the cash register and out the door. I won out in the end (since my friend's wallet was empty and I had the cash). I think she looks quite at home on my tiki bar (please excuse the white walls - it's still a work in progress!)

View Profile of Fres-tiki Send a personal message to Fres-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nitropic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-22 8:53 pm   Permalink

Looks Indian, compare it to these:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/kamasutra/
It might not be Tiki, but it is sexy as hell!

View Profile of nitropic Send a personal message to nitropic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fres-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-22 9:51 pm   Permalink

I agree it looks Indian - that's why I guess I'm questioning the "Burma" tag that was attached to it. I also had my doubts about the "tikiness" of the figure - whether I should add it into my collection. I think she works - when seen far away at least - though she is a bit over the top in her, uh, physical attributes.

View Profile of Fres-tiki Send a personal message to Fres-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Koolau
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-23 12:41 am   Permalink

Put a razor in one of her hands - then she'll be a Burma Shave Girl.

View Profile of Koolau Send a personal message to Koolau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-23 02:16 am   Permalink

If their's a slave perhaps it's the individual she is standing on?!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-25 3:36 pm   Permalink

Burma is now called Myanmar. Somehow Myanmar shave isn't as catchy as Burma shave is it?

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-09-25 4:10 pm   Permalink

On some Indian temples-the walls are adorned with all kinds of erotica,nudes/people in the act of ....y'know! This looks like a study from one of those! Google the book cover to "the Sensual (or Sensuous) Immortals" and it shows a couple in a very similiar style!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation