FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » Hukilau Lounge , Kalamazoo. Come curious....leave fulfilled. Now with real ATOMIC goodness !!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Hukilau Lounge , Kalamazoo. Come curious....leave fulfilled. Now with real ATOMIC goodness !!
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-04 1:38 pm   Permalink

Two chunk swag lamps as well. The red one is blood red and looks like lava. It really compliments the cool blue of the other lamp. Sorry again for the crappy pics. Again these pieces seem to work well for dim mood lighting.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike and marie
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-19 10:06 pm   Permalink

Glad to see these updates. The Hukilau Lounge was always one of our favorites. Sorry to hear about the fridge!

View Profile of mike and marie Send a personal message to mike and marie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-12 04:56 am   Permalink

An early birthday gift from my wife. An inert XM388 ATOMIC PROJECTILE !!!! Made in the mid 1950's and used with the M-29 Davy Crockett Weapon System. What could be more 50's than Davy Crockett and nukes? Made to be shot down range with a recoilless rifle to a distance of two miles. As rare as hen's teeth and super cool. It will have a place down in the Hukilau Lounge as a tribute to the atomic age.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-01-12 06:36 am   Permalink

I love the bomb!

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTomD
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2014-01-12 07:02 am   Permalink

Uh, Trav... are you sure that thing is disarmed? If you want to be haunted by what is now in the Hukilau Lounge, read this: Command and Control: Nuclear Weapons, the Damascus Accident, and the Illusion of Safety by Eric Schlosser...

http://www.amazon.com/Command-Control-Damascus-Accident-Illusion/dp/1594202273

Happy January birthday to you, my friend!

-Tom

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-12 08:13 am   Permalink

Thanks Tom and a happy birthday to you as well. No worries in the lounge. The XM388 made it home on the pothole riddled back roads of cold Michigan including a stop at the McDonald's drive through. This piece is very rare only 2,100 of the originals we're made and 200 launchers so not many training versions were made or survived. Defiantly not tiki but I love it and it will be an awesome conversation starter in the Hukilau.

Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-12 6:06 pm   Permalink

Love it, Trav!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-01-12 7:07 pm   Permalink

That. Is. AWESOME.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-01-31 08:54 am   Permalink

I love old bombs!
Have one here someplace.
But... I saw these last week and thought of you.
The French made bombs?
I thought they made love not war.
The first one was $250.00

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach

Posted: 2014-02-28 4:01 pm   Permalink

Unfortunately the shirt does not exist, but it would go well in Hukilau Lounge.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nokala Rocky
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-02-28 4:54 pm   Permalink

Trav, what a neat place! I like the bomb myself, and have one for my future lounge. That nuke is so cool! Love that pic with the M-48 tank in the background...now to figure out how to include one of those!

View Profile of Nokala Rocky Send a personal message to Nokala Rocky  Email Nokala Rocky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-05 05:32 am   Permalink

Thanks guys! The era that Tiki was popular doesn't just live down in my basement lounge. It's loose in the whole house. Here are a few pics of my galley kitchen. BEHOLD!! My TAPPAN FABULOUS 400 with VISUALITE technology. I use this baby nearly every day and it works perfectly .

Here's a shot of the dining nook. The table is dated 1958 and has an automatic pop up leaf built in. The built in corner cabinet and flying saucer lamp add the the feel.

littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-05 07:42 am   Permalink

LOVE the stove and the dinette set. I have one very similar to your dinette, but chairs need redoing.

Beautiful space.

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-05 5:14 pm   Permalink

I picked up these heavy brass plaques at a local flea market. They are reproductions but are small enough to add to the decor. A little nautical touch goes well in the home bar. It's always fun to have visitors find something new to discover.

And why not a harpoon for good measure.

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2014-07-05 17:21 ]

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 18 days ago; 3:13 pm   Permalink

Picked from the wreckage of a tall ship who's name is lost. It's belly torn on the reef and it's cargo thrown on the nameless sands of a forgotten Pacific island. I gladly traded the old captain of a copra hauler a half empty bottle of rum for it found at a local flea market. Rusty, crusty broken and dented. It's perfect for my bar and will soon shine again as a hanging lamp for that touch of nautical style.

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2014-09-01 15:20 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation