FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events October San Diego Chop Chop 13th in O'side
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
October San Diego Chop Chop 13th in O'side
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-01 10:15 pm   Permalink

Sundays are out for me, deep into football season, plus the wife wont be home in time to make it down in a reasonable time, soooo, I'll try to make it down for the O'side chop the 13th, but again for me, it depends on how late we work Friday nite. Bowana-Dave, see how many excuses I can come up with!! Aaaa-chaaa-chaaa-chaaa, I got a million of 'em!

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikihai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-02 09:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-01 15:44, Tiki-Kate wrote:
Hey guys. Looks like I'm the only person with the Saturday conflict. I might be able to swing a half day and get there by noon, but please don't try to schedule around my restrictions.

WHAT???? You mean the bionic woman of carving is finally missing a chop chop!!!
I know what you mean about the "job" thing though...let's buy a lottery ticket and call in rich>

View Profile of tikihai Send a personal message to tikihai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-02 09:49 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-02 09:29, tikihai wrote:
WHAT???? You mean the bionic woman of carving is finally missing a chop chop!!!
I know what you mean about the "job" thing though...let's buy a lottery ticket and call in rich>

Hey. I had a really good run. I made it to every single Chop for an entire year. It had to end sometime.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cannibal Sam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-10-02 12:24 pm   Permalink

barring any burglaries count me and my pops in on the 13th.

View Profile of Cannibal Sam Send a personal message to Cannibal Sam  Email Cannibal Sam     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-10-03 12:33 am   Permalink

I can't make either.

View Profile of HB_Tiki Send a personal message to HB_Tiki  Email HB_Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-03 10:33 am   Permalink

Hey, guys.
Still LOTS of great logs at my new log site and more to come. BIG freakin' logs, man. I'll be taking a trip out later this week if anyone wants to follow.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-03 11:24 am   Permalink

Log site? ooo, where?
Just got a call from a guy who is taking down a 35-40 foot tree sometime this month in Casa de Oro (Spring Valley) and offered us the logs. Anyone need some? Anyone want to help me load and move them to my place?

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-03 12:57 pm   Permalink

You know, maybe we should think about this log stash stuff. We could ideally have a central drop site. When we get a line on a log we could muscle it over there to dry out; we could just keep the primo ones. I've got three right now at the side of the house, and no room for more. (Two are drying.)

Ideally, the central site would:

a) keep the logs off the ground
b) we can store them there for a year to dry out
c) we can strip them first to help the drying, or have a seperate pile for the stripped ones to dry another few months
d) we could write our names on the bottom of some, as well as contribute to the general stock for everybody
e) it could be closer to everybody

Buzzy's Big Stash is great, but we've been hearing about really thick/old palm logs up for grabs that I'd sure like to try sometime.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-03 12:57 pm   Permalink

Yeah Billy, where?!

Mieko, Casa De Oro is not far from me. I may be able to help you.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-03 2:01 pm   Permalink

Dave, you'd have to go up with me because it's private property. Buzzy and I are going up this week, so lets coordinate and all go together. If anyone in the south needs logs hauled, I can volunteer my truck, but you'll have to pay for the gas......this thing is eating a hole in my wallet with it's 3-90 gears!! I'll be swapping it over to an overdrive tranny pretty soon and it won't be quite so bad.
Let me know, guys!!!

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-03 7:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-03 10:33, Billy the Crud wrote:
Hey, guys.
Still LOTS of great logs at my new log site and more to come. BIG freakin' logs, man. I'll be taking a trip out later this week if anyone wants to follow.

So what part of the county is this place?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-03 7:36 pm   Permalink

Also, cut/pasted from the other thread:

Quote:

Cammo wrote:
As an incentive, whosoever has the next Chop, I'm donating one freshly baked Fall-style item. They're all made from scratch, no mixes. For instance, I grind my own cinnamon. These will be baked directly at the person's home, so they'll be served hot. I'll bring all the ingredients, you just provide an oven.

Chop Host can choose 1 and only 1 from:

- Ritz Hotel New York Cheesecake
- Vermont Quiche (nice for brekkie)
- Nut Tarts (small, go great with coffee)
- Pumpkin Pie, Maple Syrup sweetened
- Chocolate Pecan Pie

Pumpkin Pie would be the obvious and appropriate choice for October, but I gotta go with the cheesecake.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-03 8:51 pm   Permalink

Here, here, on the cheesecake. That's good shyte right there!

The log site is in Rancho San Diego. East county. Bring yer meth!

Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-03 9:06 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2007-10-03 14:01, Billy the Crud wrote:
Dave, you'd have to go up with me because it's private property. Buzzy and I are going up this week, so lets coordinate and all go together.
[/quote

When are ya planning on going?

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-03 9:17 pm   Permalink

Buzzy and I are going tomorrow morning, so if you have to work I can meet up with you another time. OR, I can grab you a couple and you can cruise by my house to get them.

You live near Casa De Oro, by Spring Valley/Lamesa? The log site is very near there.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation