FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Other bone carvings - 2008
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Other bone carvings - 2008
Sebastian Urresti
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-10-10 7:58 pm   Permalink

Dear Basement Kahuna,
Great carvings you have made and thanks for the comment.
Dear Ben,
Next post Ill take some better shots of the tools, not so "panoramic", and you can be sure about loving to hold them and carving with them!!!!
Dear Gman,
What can I say, Thanks for the photos, and I know what Im not going to carve again after seeing Big Bens Moai. A loooooong way ahead of me!
Thanks for the posts.
Hugs,
Sebas

View Profile of Sebastian Urresti Send a personal message to Sebastian Urresti  Goto the website of Sebastian Urresti     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sebastian Urresti
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-08 06:07 am   Permalink

Dear Friends,
Long time without posting... I know, I have been busy lately but never stoped carving. Here are two photos of some works. Hope you like them.
By the way I am always using my same tools plus a new chisel that I made last month, next time I will post a photo of it.
Any comments, please, are more than welcome!

This is a Modern Maori design ( Not mine of course ) that was order from Spain:

Here is my last baby. This one is living in Portland, Oregon. Two Longfin Mako Sharks:

Sizes: 4.3x3.5x0.5 cm (Sorry about the inches... )

HUGS,
Sebas

View Profile of Sebastian Urresti Send a personal message to Sebastian Urresti  Goto the website of Sebastian Urresti     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GMAN
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 06:46 am   Permalink

Ohhhhhhh. That hits me right in the heart. I did all my grad work on sharks and work with them as a professional now. I have a thing for longfins. That is absolutely stunning. WOW! You made my day today. Thanks for sharing! Have any more pics of that piece? Post 'em?

-G

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

View Profile of GMAN Send a personal message to GMAN      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Duddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 11:23 am   Permalink

The carvings look Great!
those two sharks are top notch!

View Profile of Tiki Duddy Send a personal message to Tiki Duddy  Email Tiki Duddy Goto the website of Tiki Duddy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grapa-RuHa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-08 12:17 pm   Permalink

Great stuff Sebastian, can't decide what piece i like best.
Keep spoiling us with pics of your work. And keep putting up pics of them creepy crawlers, they are as scary as they are beautiful.

View Profile of Grapa-RuHa Send a personal message to Grapa-RuHa  Goto the website of Grapa-RuHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sebastian Urresti
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-10 02:57 am   Permalink

Dear Friends,
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR WORDS!
GMAN To be honest with you I only knew about the Mako sharks when my client asked me to carve them and they are GREAT! The worst part of carving them was the muscles on the back... I mean, to make them with proportion and projection as not easy. Unfortunately this is the only front phot that I have, I will post a photo of the back, though is not carved. THANKS!
Tiki Duddy THANK YOU TOO!
Grapa-RuHa, HEY, I will post some more photos this week, but just for you to know, they were gone this year! I have not seen one since last year!!! But I will take another insects photos for you! THANKS!!!!
See you next post,
Hugs,
Sebas

Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-10 09:41 am   Permalink

oh very nice Seba, Super neat! Congrats!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-10 1:35 pm   Permalink

Sebastian, REALLY Nice stuff, I'm Happy seeing you still bringing us such great stuff, Don't forget the toolz .

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-10 4:08 pm   Permalink

Very nice love the two-fer thing going on NICE!

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sebastian Urresti
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-12 05:49 am   Permalink

HEY!!!!!!!!!
THANKS FOR THE WORDS!!!!!!
Clarita, HOW ARE YOU GIRL?!? Hope that more than fine!
Ben, ALWAYS A PLEASURE TO HAVE WORDS FROM YOU! Tool pic this weekend, stay tuned! ;P
Seeksurf! Thank you for your comment, but only one thing (I know that this may sound strange, but could you explain the "two-fer" word? Im sorry, not being native sometimes does not help understanding some expressions :$)
SO, this weekend Ill post some more photos!
HUGS,
Sebas

[ This Message was edited by: Sebastian Urresti 2008-12-13 05:08 ]

Sebastian Urresti
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-15 08:23 am   Permalink

Dear Friends,
As I promised on the last post here I have some new pictures. Not tools yet because I could not take them this weekend... SORRY!
But here I have two of my last orders, HOPE YOU LIKE THEM!
First one a Toki with a Celtic knot, I think that I spent more time drawing it than carving it... The Knot is 1,2 cm.

Second one a Traditional Toki with two Koru. Is very nice to carve fronds but difficult to do two! I think that we can say that they look alike... (:P) LOL!

HOPE YOU LIKE THEM!!!!!!!!!
HUGS,
Sebas

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-15 08:41 am   Permalink

Very nice Sebastian! The rope work tying the pieces is almost as stunning as the carvings themselves. I like the makos too.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grapa-RuHa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-15 09:29 am   Permalink

Thats Amazing. I would definitely tie myself up.

View Profile of Grapa-RuHa Send a personal message to Grapa-RuHa  Goto the website of Grapa-RuHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sebastian Urresti
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-17 07:37 am   Permalink

Dear Friends,
THANK YOU FOR YOUR WORDS!!!!
So you like the lashings? I really enjoy doing them too. If you want I can make a tutorial on the braids? Hows that, huh? Let me know about it.
Ok, heres my last work so far, I did this to a friend and co-worker that is pregnant.
Hope you like it!

That was a nice carving to do, as usual I did it with my regular hand tools.

Today I took a photo of my tools but I need to make it smaller to fit here. Ill do it on the next days, sorry for the delay.
HUGS,
Sebas

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-18 04:24 am   Permalink

Sebastian, Excellent pieces, Yes Always difficult to do 2 of anything face to face like your fronds! I Love your cord work and a tutorial woud be ,I'm Sure, well received and used by many of us here. Can't wait to see how you make all this great stuff!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation