[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Other bone carvings - 2008
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Other bone carvings - 2008
Grapa-RuHa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-18 05:01 am   Permalink

Hey Sebas,
Real nice carvings you show us once again.
As temperatures have dropped to just a few degrees above freezing I decided to concentrate on carving some smaller stuff and try some stone and bone while I'm at it. Posted my first stone a couple of days ago and loved carving it so much, I'm on my third stone now. Bone will soon follow.
A tutorial on creating these cords would be highly anticipated by me (as well as a lot of others) as i want to make pendants out of most of the small stuff i carve. I have some basic skill in making braids but a few pointers on the way you do these complex cords would be GREAT!

View Profile of Grapa-RuHa Send a personal message to Grapa-RuHa  Goto the website of Grapa-RuHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sebastian Urresti
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-20 05:29 am   Permalink

Dear Friends,
Here is the thing, as I posted last year and on my last two posts (I think...) I took a photo of my tools, though I have some more I only use those:

From left to right:
1 - S.M. tool
2 - S.M. tool
3 - Small chisel
4, 5 and 6 - Regular chisels (those are 3,5 mm)
The first two are from silver steel (I think it is like that in English and correct me if I am wrong) They cut lines, grooves and are wonderful to bring desings "up" (alto-relieve...). The small one was grounded manually using Arkansas stones and was an old dental piece used by my dentist (THANK YOU FOR THAT ONE!). The other three were bought from a blacksmith in Buenos Aires, Mister Stassen.

Hope you like them I LOVE THEM!
Hugs,
Sebas
P.S. Guys, I am doing the Kumihimo tutorial. Stay tuned!

View Profile of Sebastian Urresti Send a personal message to Sebastian Urresti  Goto the website of Sebastian Urresti     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-21 03:35 am   Permalink

Sebastian, Thanks for showing us your tools, it's always great to see the tools artists use to create their stuff and it's Amazing how few tools we Really need to do so much. Now we would love to see the whole work space,, Bench, tools , mess, projects underway and everything else there. Thanks.
Happy Holidays

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-21 06:38 am   Permalink

YES, someone PLEASE do a cord tutorial!!
Thanks for showing your tools, stuff looks brilliant!

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-21 11:55 am   Permalink

Sebastian,

Very clean and beautiful work!

Love the sharks!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-22 07:20 am   Permalink

Wow! Your work is awesome.

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
s!q
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-23 2:52 pm   Permalink

really awesome carvings. i am really impressed with the tools you use for your art creations, you achiever very nice and impressive detail for non rotary tools.

View Profile of s!q Send a personal message to s!q      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation