FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Dani's Deep Sea Rum Barrel ( Go Tiki )
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Dani's Deep Sea Rum Barrel ( Go Tiki )
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-01 5:16 pm   Permalink

Thanks For Looking! Just in case you didn't! Check out Our latest work, It's called: "Dani's Deep Sea Rum Barrel" This Ceramic sculpt and glaze, Has 20 diiferent color glazes by Dani and Gogo, And Is one of my best art, I think! Of to date for me, It took me a good 4 hours to do the sculpting and a good 4 hours for Dani and Me to glaze, 4 hours Kiln time and Bam! We got a 1/2 rum barrel, 56oz of joy!

I'm not going to make this a production item, It can't be molded and mass produced, But I would be willing to make a serious Tiki collector one, From scratch, Price would be about $150.00 plus shipping cost. There is a good 12-15 hours involved in making this. What You Think? Mahalo Gogo

Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamboo stu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-01 6:00 pm   Permalink

Something's wrong...yes, I know what it is..

THERE'S NO RUM IN IT!

Just kidding, very nice work.

View Profile of bamboo stu Send a personal message to bamboo stu  Goto the website of bamboo stu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-01 6:14 pm   Permalink

I think your price is way too low. Considering what a nice AP mug or a handmade bowl goes for, and the complexity and originality of this piece (it is flat-out awesome), I think you're selling yourself very short. It would still be a steal at $250. I bet you've got a slew of PMs headed your way!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-04 07:49 am   Permalink

Awesome! I think you're too cheap, too. I'd go up a bit!

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-04 07:50 am   Permalink

Bitchin!....

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tabu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-04 3:40 pm   Permalink

That's friggin' awesome. That would hold a drink to put you and 10 of your friends under the table. Great vintage look.

View Profile of Tabu Send a personal message to Tabu  Email Tabu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-04 5:55 pm   Permalink

I say raise the price too...but AFTER I buy one!!!......

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-05 01:12 am   Permalink

Yea, that's frickin sweet as hell!

Agree also that your price is too low for handmade like that. That's passion and passion should be rewarded... with praise and money.

Really nice work and great creativity!

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-05 4:31 pm   Permalink

Thanks all of you TC'ers for the kind feedback, My price is low for sure, As is with all the ceramics I make, Making ceramics is like a labor of love for me, I don't make ceramics for a living, Or to make a bunch of money, I just break about even, I have a 40 hour plus job! Which keeps me very busy, I just want to share my art with people who share the same passions as me, I collect Tiki mugs too! The reward for me is not the money, It's to see people Enjoy my work, The smile on a face and the Thank You! is priceless, Mahalo! Gogo
Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-05 4:44 pm   Permalink

GO TIKI makes FUN ceramics and anyone who has collected a piece or two can tell you, these are very well made. Alot of whimsy for sure and not for everyones taste...but Go-Go has it going, slinging the mud, keeping tiki real, affordable and a TON of FUN!

Deep Sea Rum Barrel is a mutiny waiting to happen!!!

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-05 8:52 pm   Permalink

I'm getting one...I'm getting one...I'm getting one!!! Great description too...it does look fun indeed. I love art with a twist on whimsy.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-30 7:50 pm   Permalink

YEEEE HAAW....got my barrel today and it is a beauty!!! Great size, wonderful sculpting and great colors. Just a fabulous conversation piece and so happy to have it.

Thanks GOTIKI

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hinano_Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-30 8:39 pm   Permalink

Again Dani and GoGo,

This barrel is amazing! We love ours, again thanks a million!

May your first child be a Moai child..

View Profile of Hinano_Paul Send a personal message to Hinano_Paul  Email Hinano_Paul Goto the website of Hinano_Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-10-30 9:10 pm   Permalink

Soccertiki and I can't wait to get ours

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mzoltarp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-31 05:44 am   Permalink

It's gorgeous.
I can't afford $150.
It's definitely worth much much more.
It's absolutely stunning.
I would be afraid to drink out of it for fear that I would get too tipsy and drop it on the floor when going for a second round.

View Profile of mzoltarp Send a personal message to mzoltarp  Goto the website of mzoltarp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation