FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Be on TV with The Maikai Gents/Chikitiki Feb 18. Lava Lounge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Be on TV with The Maikai Gents/Chikitiki Feb 18. Lava Lounge
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-19 10:07 am   Permalink

It was a fun evening seeing everyone, but WHERE WAS THE CAMERA?

The only camera I saw going was Floratina's! I was going to take some digital pics, but because of the neighborhood, and the distance I had to park, I wasn't going to walk down (those streets) with a digital camera in hand. I'm spoiled here in Huntington Beach.

SugarCaddyDaddy

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-19 10:21 am   Permalink

We had a blast last night! T and I decided to venture into the night at the last minute and we were glad we did.

The Mai Kai Gents were superb and Iuka Grogg's voice is as smooth as Demerera Rum. Miss Mauna Loa was hypnotic and the band didn't miss a tribal beat!

It was great seeing everyone again. We shared drinks with the very suave Suicide Sam for the first time and TC was representin' with the likes of Sven, Floratina, King Kuku, Sugar Caddy Daddy, Johnny (can I get a drink?) Velour and others that I did not get a chance to chat with.

Chiki's carvings were awesome and his giveaways were these really cool Marquesan style plaques that I unfortunately did not win (and that Diablo Tiki was pretty cool too!).

Anyhoo, I did not take any pix but I'm sure someone did. Floratina was armed with the video cam so maybe she will share some stills with us.

Much fun and much Tiki love.

Can you feel the love?

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Iuka Grogg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-19 11:20 am   Permalink

WOW! What a night! You guys packed that place and gave us such cheer! THANK YOU!! Chikitiki's art was a big hit and the door prizes were fantastic! What more can I say, I'm just blown away by the great turnout and overall fun vibe. Let's please do it again soon! Pictures anyone? WOW!

-Iuka Grogg

p.s. The TV guys were there, but because they didn't have clearance to tape the club interior or the audience (Lava Lounge policy), they stayed right up front with a hand-held camera.

View Profile of Iuka Grogg Send a personal message to Iuka Grogg  Email Iuka Grogg Goto the website of Iuka Grogg     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-12 09:44 am   Permalink

Quote:
PolynesianPop wrote:
What channel is the documentary being filmed for (PBS,KCET,etc)? I'd like to make sure I tape it since I probably won't be able to make it on Tuesday.

Quote:
BigBroTiki wrote:
Poly Pop, this is a project of two nice older (meaning my age) guys who are musicians. They are doing it out of their own interest, for public access cable TV in Long Beach.

Has this been seen yet by anyone? Is there a video/DVD copy available? Any word at all?

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation