FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » 11/18/07 - WAITIKI and Beach Bum Berry present an Exotic Sippin' Safari
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
11/18/07 - WAITIKI and Beach Bum Berry present an Exotic Sippin' Safari
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-18 3:34 pm   Permalink

The Leila and I are paid and in. I missed the rum tasting (damn you, education), but I'm not missing this.

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-18 5:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-18 15:34, Rain wrote:
I missed the rum tasting (damn you, education), but I'm not missing this.

Ed Hamilton - the Minister of Rum - offered to come up and do a tasting for us. But it looks like there's too many other plans on his available weekends so his visit might have to be bounced to a later date. If this is the case, I'll be doing another rum tasting at Granite-tiki's, in Nashua. Probably Dec 9, but things need to be fully planned. No matter what happens we'll manage another rum tasting, somehow, somewhere, sometime before Xmas.

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-18 6:22 pm   Permalink

75 bucks??? That's what the Hukilau cost! and I got to see Bum and Waitiki there too! and Charles Phoenix, Robert Drasnin, the Haole Kats & Pablus, Buddy Holly, Slip & the Spinouts, Zeppelin, King Kukulele, Crazy Al & Ape, and that witchdoctor guy. I love him. Did you guys get that witchdoctor guy??

Scott, the Minister of Rum dissed you? He's losing his base constituency. Who does he think drinks all the goddamned rum on this side of the world--The Teamsters? When's he up for re-election?? I'll write you in.

Go Sox.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-18 7:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-18 18:22, pappythesailor wrote:
Scott, the Minister of Rum dissed you? He's losing his base constituency. Who does he think drinks all the goddamned rum on this side of the world--The Teamsters? When's he up for re-election?? I'll write you in.

OH, NO, not at all! He was kind enough to offer, and that offer still holds. But it seems like there's a lot of stuff going on during the free time he has, and almost any date would mean that the NY Ohana would not be able to attend. I'd hate to drag him out here for 10 people, and I'd dearly hate to pick a date when 90% of the NY Ohana could not make it.

And thanks for your support, but I have got a *long* way to go before I could sit in his seat.

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-22 10:37 am   Permalink

Hey Pappy

Hope you can make it. Yea, it may seem like a high ticket price but considering there is limited space available for this and that it's all inclusive (including gratuity) , it's actually not a bad deal. 4 cocktails of these quality would cost about 12/each + tip. that's about 50$ right there. That means that the remaining $25 goes to cover WAITIKI's share of the evening (nothing huge mind you), the Bum's fee, hotel, and air/local transportation, advertising, and the free dimsum/food being offered by the restaurant. We're also having to acquire specialty ingridients, glassware, projector rental, and various other small stuff that all adds up - believe me, nobody is getting rich on this event! I am hoping that Br. Cleve manages to get some schwag from tiki vendors too so lucky folks can walk away with some prizes. All of this with no sponsorship right now either.

We hope that you all realize that with WAITIKI comes quality and that it should be a night worth remembering! BTW - we even have a special well-known TC wahine from the Cali area coming out so we'll be merging east and west coast tiki ohana!

Mr. Ho
http://orchestrotica.com/ ••• New album Nov. 2013

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-22 1:19 pm   Permalink

Bargoyle has tickets now. Wants to see what the hell this 'tiki'-thing is all the kids are into nowadays.

Buncha crazy pagan-loving rum-slurping hoodoo!!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-22 6:58 pm   Permalink

I think 75 clams for a premier night of an event, with Waitiki and Beach bum in our Boston, at the Pho is completely justified; even without the food, booze, schwag and Wahine! Inquiring members should simply cruise the schedule for concert venues and shows in the hub... and if you must... compare values! This opportunity is awesome for Boston and NE Ohana of TC. Yes we do all love the energy, vibe, tradition and tiki memories of the 40's... but in 2007, $75 is the reality in the hub.., and probably cheap at that! I believe the Waitiki/Beach Bum Berry experience at the Pho will be an amazing and unique memory for all of us to savor!

Thanks to Waitiki for creating this event!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-22 7:04 pm   Permalink

You know what Im really sorry about... that Waitiki would even be made to feel they must defend the value of their event! Thanks for your supreme efforts guys!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-22 7:22 pm   Permalink

You're right.... dinner for two with lots of drinks at somewhere nice is going to cost almost as much and this event offers more than that. Sure, it would be nice to pay less but we are in for the ticket price plus travel and lodging expenses and I don't have a problem with that.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-23 2:06 pm   Permalink

Mahalo everyone. I don't feel like we're having to defend it in some great way - pappy's got a right to ask! And, he's been really supportive of us in the past by attending shows etc. Mahalo for the enthusiasm and please spread the word! Maybe next time, we will have some help with getting sponsorship or something to offset the costs to the Villagers of Okonkuluku...we'd love to get it cheaper!

p.s. i dont know any cheap hotels in cambridge and have been asked before; same with boston. you are looking at probably $140/night min in the boston/cambridge area proper ;-(
http://orchestrotica.com/ ••• New album Nov. 2013

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-23 2:17 pm   Permalink

This really does sound like a fantastic time. If Nicole and I were not going to be in Ft. Lauderdale that weekend for a wedding we would definitely be coming up from NYC for this event. Waitiki AND the Bum? Too much.

We will however do our best to hit the Mai Kai to soften the pain.

have a great time everybody and please do it again sometime!

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-23 5:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-10-23 14:17, leisure master wrote:
We will however do our best to hit the Mai Kai to soften the pain.

That's not fair. <pout>

waitiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-10-31 11:00 am   Permalink

Hotel deal!

http://dconnect.bestwestern.com/DirectConnectWeb/hotelDescription.do?hotelCode=22046&languageCode=en-US&partnerId=KYK

(best Western Roundhouse Suites)

1-120/night - not bad and close to Pho.

Okonkuluku!

View Profile of waitiki Send a personal message to waitiki  Email waitiki Goto the website of waitiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-05 1:26 pm   Permalink

Sooooooooooooo - Tell us something New, fun and exciting about the event! Can't Wait!

The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-06 12:38 pm   Permalink

I'm working on schwag. Still too early to spill any ice cubes.

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation