FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events 11/18/07 - WAITIKI and Beach Bum Berry present an Exotic Sippin' Safari
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
11/18/07 - WAITIKI and Beach Bum Berry present an Exotic Sippin' Safari
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-15 6:52 pm   Permalink

Leavin for Beantown in the morning..... yup, thats right friday morning. Staying at the Marriott Courtyard South Boston - It's close to the 'Pho" and a beautiful hotel. Anyone else staying in Beantown for the event. Looking for others to join me and the girlie for your basic drinkin and debauchery! Friday night, Saturday night, whatever - we'll be hittin the town all weekend. Thanks Waitiki for a great event! Let the games begin! Pm me if you are out and about in beantown this weekend, before the event! Woo hoo! Aloha!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-16 4:40 pm   Permalink

We're aren't arriving in the hub until mid-day Sunday (staying at the Sheraton) but we'll see you at Pho.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 06:20 am   Permalink

Pictures? Stories?

Let's go, somebody sober up and tell this very depressed guy who had to work on Sunday all the details so that I may live vicariously through your exploits!

Video? Court room sketch? Anything!!!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 06:33 am   Permalink

Soon. Soon....

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 06:42 am   Permalink

Here's a pic straight out of the Bizarro World.

Sully, you're just a big, ol' teddy bear. Yes you are. Yes you are!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 06:45 am   Permalink

Thunderlips and the Bum. You can tell Dio is a real fan the way he carries his own, personal copy of Sippin' Safari everywhere.

pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 06:47 am   Permalink

Tim extols the virtues of the common melon while Brian laughs at him.

The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 07:27 am   Permalink

Hold the phone, there was a Humuhumu sighting here on the East Coast???

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 08:06 am   Permalink

There were lots of nice people there.

Sorry, Randy. This was the best pic of you and Mikey I could get:

The place was full of the Orchids of Hawaii lamps. Pho Republic is more tiki than most of the so-called tiki places Sully and I hit yesterday. Good apps too.

I just wanted to say The Bum is as nice a guy as I hoped he'd be. A real gentleman.

The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 08:28 am   Permalink

More more more!!!!

I've just placed the Rendezvous in Okonkoluku record on the turntable, so I can enjoy these pictures with the proper aural backdrop.

[ This Message was edited by: The Granite Tiki 2007-11-19 08:43 ]

leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 09:24 am   Permalink

Yes, definitely provide more details and photos.

I know I will regret asking for it, because I'm sure it was a blast, but I gots to know what I missed (at least I was at the Mai Kai)!

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 11:24 am   Permalink

What a hoot!!

HUGE mahalos to the Bum, Pho, & Waitiki. Jay & I had a pretty crappy day, but it all turned around come sundown!!

Pappy, were you kicking me in the liver the whole ride home?

It sure feels like it.

Great to see everyone, new faces & old.

And BIZZARRO WORLD!?!?!!?!?!

Actually that pic reminds me of the "Eye of the Beholder" Twilight Zone episode...

lol.

Hey, I dont photograph well, but I'm stunningly handsome in person, I swear!!

Ok, I gotta go sneak in a nap under my desk.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 12:38 pm   Permalink

Looks like phun.

I'm waiting for the sounds though - and the smells.

Did it smell like fun?

More pictures and add a little fragrance please.
Mahalo.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 12:40 pm   Permalink

Great pix, folks! Thanks so much for coming out. Once again, an extremely successful NE Tiki event! The success was the fun, which is a rare combination of elements. I have to thank Jack Bardy, owner of Pho Republique, Brother Cleve, Mr. Ho, The Professor, who all contributed selflessly to the organization and logistics (or maybe illogistics, is a better term), of course to the Beachbum, for his expertise and spirit, which provided the inspiration for the event, and to the Thor Stor, Tiki Farm, Sam Gambino, and Diva Pinup for donating prizes which were raffled off, to the staff of Pho for their hospitality and professionalism, to Alex and Matt, the OKU Frat Boys. I'm sure I've left out someone, or some people, and I apologize for that.

But most of all, thanks to everyone who came out, from near and far. It's the people in attendence that make these events happen, and we have a great bunch up here. It was a mixed crowd, in terms of level of Tiki awareness; the range was from people who had no idea what this stuff is, why we drink these drinks, oh yeah, then that weird band, all the way up to Humu Humu. Everyone had a great time, and that's the bottom line. We may not have the kind of landmark establishments like the Mai Kai, or a Trader Vic's, or even anything Tiki in Boston proper, but we have the best hang here. And that's saying a lot; my experience has been that the Tiki crowd is hip, cool, and everyone's a great hang. But there is something special up here. The NE Tiki Tour proved that beyond the shadow of a doubt, and this event reinforces that conclusion.

So thanks again, everyone, and I'm already looking forward to the next thing!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 2:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

And BIZZARRO WORLD!?!?!!?!?!

Actually that pic reminds me of the "Eye of the Beholder" Twilight Zone episode...

lol.

Hey, I dont photograph well, but I'm stunningly handsome in person, I swear!!

I just meant that you two are polar opposites: she's a girl, petite, blonde, from the west coast, the embodiment of everything sweet and nice and stuff. And you're you. When you touched I we were going to see Total Protonic Reversal!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation