FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events 11/18/07 - WAITIKI and Beach Bum Berry present an Exotic Sippin' Safari
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
11/18/07 - WAITIKI and Beach Bum Berry present an Exotic Sippin' Safari
kristiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-11-19 2:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-19 12:40, The Mayor Of Exotica wrote:
Great pix, folks! Thanks so much for coming out. Once again, an extremely successful NE Tiki event! The success was the fun, which is a rare combination of elements. I have to thank Jack Bardy, owner of Pho Republique, Brother Cleve, Mr. Ho, The Professor, who all contributed selflessly to the organization and logistics (or maybe illogistics, is a better term), of course to the Beachbum, for his expertise and spirit, which provided the inspiration for the event, and to the Thor Stor, Tiki Farm, Sam Gambino, and Diva Pinup for donating prizes which were raffled off, to the staff of Pho for their hospitality and professionalism, to Alex and Matt, the OKU Frat Boys. I'm sure I've left out someone, or some people, and I apologize for that.

But most of all, thanks to everyone who came out, from near and far.

And my thanks to you! We had a fabulous time (though waking up this morning was somewhat painful). We probably wouldn't have driven 2 hours for a bar meetup, but the combination of Waitiki and the Bum proved too irresistible to miss. We'll have pictures soon!

View Profile of kristiki Send a personal message to kristiki  Goto the website of kristiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 5:11 pm   Permalink

Woohoooooooo - that was a blast. I am sure I'm still drunk. Thedrinks were beautiful and delicious. Thanks Waitiki for such a wonderful event. Thanks to Beach Bum Berry for his kindness. What a great mix of Tiki-philes, swanksters, hipsters and drunks! Phew I'm exhausted!

Pappy, Thunder and Johnman break-in the bar!

Rev Thumper and Kristiki are pleased with the authentic concoctions! Wonderful garnishes!

Bargoyle, Pappy, Beach Bum and Scottes

Humuhumu and the Mayor of Exotica strike a deal!

Mr. Ho and his lovely 'vanna white'

Waitiki doing what they do best!.. and I don't mean drinking!

Humuhumu and Beach Bum Berry were a joy to behold!... and soooo freakin nice!

Me and BBB ! That's so cool!

nyuck, nyuck, nyuck! Hey Moe!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 6:07 pm   Permalink

I was having a great time up until Bargoyle stuffed that tail in my face.

Well I must say this was one outstanding event. To think that I was drinking a REAL Navy Grog in Boston was something to behold. And it was an extra treat to see two members of the California Ohana - Beachbum Berry and Humuhumu! BIG thanks go out to Pho Republique, Beachbum Berry and WAITIKI for getting this together.

Unfortunately I couldn't close the place. I soooo wish I could have. I can't believe I was actually writing code after the night's events. Hmm, maybe I should review my code for grogginess.

Hey - if JP or Pappy has a picture of the Bum and I please post it! I'm going to Photoshop the kids in for my xmas card. Yeah, like that would ever fly!

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 6:52 pm   Permalink

Glad to finally be able to ditch work and attend one of these N.E. events... here are a few of our less blurry photos.

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 7:11 pm   Permalink

Dang, the brunch we went to was nice and all, but that clearly we were at the wrong event!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BostonBum

Posted: 2007-11-20 09:39 am   Permalink

We had a great time at the Pho! Nice meeting all of you and look forward to the Tiki tour!

View Profile of BostonBum Send a personal message to BostonBum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-25 6:06 pm   Permalink

oooooooooooooooooo!
One tiny week ago we were drinking the best cocktails, listening to the best beats and hanging with the best ohana. The Sippin Safari of Beantown was sooooooo great! If I had a time machine I'd set it for Sunday October 18, 2007 and relive it over... and over... and over... and over... and over...
I gotta get a life! Navy Grog Please!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-25 6:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-25 18:06, jpmartdog wrote:
If I had a time machine I'd set it for Sunday October 18, 2007 and relive it over... and over... and over... and over... and over...

Wow, then you'd have a month wait before the party starts.. LOL

View Profile of Bogielocks Send a personal message to Bogielocks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-25 7:35 pm   Permalink

Whatever....... details, details - you got the jist of it.
sheesh talk about a groundhog day scenario! The best night of my life always 1 month away!

The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-26 10:46 am   Permalink

Great events like these are just the result of efforts by the ohana, and we are the ohana. I'm amazed at how willing the people are to put these things together, and it's not exactly easy, but the good will and enthusiasm combined with the attention to detail and professionalism of everyone involved makes things seem easy. It won't be long before we'll be having an event each month. I remember when there were no events in these parts, and that wasn't that long ago. In the past 6 months we've had a few big events already. And some smaller ones. I like where this trend is going.

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation