FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Your favorite drink from the Sippin' Safari....is?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Your favorite drink from the Sippin' Safari....is?
Shaun of theTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-25 8:25 pm   Permalink

Arrgh, it looks like the book is already out of print (strange, it's only a year old). Hopefully, the publisher has a few more copies left.

View Profile of Shaun of theTiki Send a personal message to Shaun of theTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-25 10:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-25 20:25, Shaun of theTiki wrote:
Arrgh, it looks like the book is already out of print (strange, it's only a year old). Hopefully, the publisher has a few more copies left.

According to Amazon.com, they have it in stock ready to go.

http://www.amazon.com/Sippin-Safari-Search-Tropical-Recipes/dp/1593620675/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1219727136&sr=8-1

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shaun of theTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-26 08:14 am   Permalink

Indeed, TWO copies left. Every book store I've contacted said that it's already out of print.

View Profile of Shaun of theTiki Send a personal message to Shaun of theTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-08 7:33 pm   Permalink

Zombie Punch, oh my God. Thanks for the recommendation guys.

[ This Message was edited by: hiltiki 2008-11-08 19:35 ]

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-11-09 9:51 pm   Permalink

I just finished making (and drinking) a Spievak (1950) Zombie. I can barely type. Damn fine cocktail. One to a customer is probably a good policy.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-10 4:21 pm   Permalink

I'm pretty sure that Wacko/La Luz De Jesus in LA has some.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-15 3:51 pm   Permalink

I just ordered one from Amazon. Said there was 3 new ones and 2 used ones.

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-15 10:20 pm   Permalink

I just made the Nui Nui tonight. Very good and spice flavored, it has a mixture of cinamon and vanilla and Pimento liquor, which gives this drink a great spicy flavor. The orange peel gives it a light orange flavor and smell.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-18 6:38 pm   Permalink

Jim's Special

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-19 11:49 am   Permalink

That's a fine looking drink there, Mr. Bali Hai! And a fine bit of photography too!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-19 2:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-19 11:49, The Mayor Of Exotica wrote:
That's a fine looking drink there, Mr. Bali Hai! And a fine bit of photography too!

Mahalo, Mr. Mayor. I spent a fair amount of time on the lighting for that shot, so it's nice to know it was appreciated.

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-14 07:25 am   Permalink

Here's the Dr. Wong (pg. 25) I made last night with homemade grenadine syrup. Exquisite, particularly if you like Absinthe as much as I do.

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-15 5:30 pm   Permalink

The mercury's heading down to -25 degrees tonight, so it seemed like the right time to try a Hot Zombie (pg. 123). I was all prepared to dislike it, but I was floored by how good it was.

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-26 5:52 pm   Permalink

Don the Beachcomber's Coffee Grog (pg. 15)

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-17 2:43 pm   Permalink

Decided to give my new Mai Kai Rum Barrel mug a whirl with the Beachcomber's Rum Barrel recipe from Sippin' Safari. I have to say that I much prefer this version to the Mai Kai's.

Weblog:
Eye of the Goof

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation