FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tiki Mardi Gras Float in Arlington VA
Tiki Mardi Gras Float in Arlington VA
DCTiki

Posted: 2003-02-06 09:10 am   Permalink

Hey East-Coasters!
There is a Mardi Gras parade in Arlington VA on March 4th. Robert Linsay, a local artist is creating a tiki float for the event. He is looking for whatever help he can get, everything from construction to marching...you can look at his animated design at:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/nashstreet/tikiplan.html

Please contact Robert or me directly if you want to be involved:
Jareddavis76@hotmail.com
Lindsart@hotmail.com

Or go to the MarylandDCTiki.com website to recieve updates
Mahalo,
DCTIKI

View Profile of DCTiki Send a personal message to DCTiki  Email DCTiki Goto the website of DCTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-06 6:08 pm   Permalink

Very cool! But: Where's the Tiki?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-02-07 12:32 pm   Permalink

I believe the plan is to have people walk along besides the volcano float, and these people will all be wearing tiki masks.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-03-12 1:56 pm   Permalink

Did any of you go or did anyone get pictures of what this looked like after all?

SCD

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ikitnrev
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-03-13 11:34 am   Permalink

I was unable to attend the parade - the flu bug bit me at the wrong time.

But I talked with Rob, who was the main planner behind the float, two nights ago. I think he was pleased with how things went, considering the limited time they had to construct the float, due to all the recent snow this area has had.

I think he said it was too windy for the volcano concept to be effective, but the tiki masks that some of the people wore went over very well.

I believe that some photos of the float will be eventually posted at the website of Galaxy Hut, the bar that sponsored the float - but they are not up there yet.

Vern

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation