Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Record shops in San Diego
Record shops in San Diego
alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-17 10:34 am   Permalink

Was wondering if anyone could point me to some record shops in San Diego that specialize in, or at least have a good selection of surf rock on cd new or used. Older vintage vinyl is welcome too.

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-17 10:43 am   Permalink

Definitely check out Lou's Records. You will have to google the directions. Nice store though. There is also a record store near the Hanalei Hotel. Can't remember the name though but it was only 5 minutes away.

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-17 2:30 pm   Permalink

Jeff's correct in that Lou's is probably your best bet. It's in Encinitas (north of San Diego) at 434 N. Coast Hwy.

Others worth trying in San Diego might be a couple on Adams Avenue:
- Folk Arts Rare Records, 2881 Adams Ave.
- Nickelodeon Records, 3335 Adams Ave.

Also, maybe these....
- Off the Record, 2912 University Ave.
- M-Theory, 915 W. Washington Ave.

[ This Message was edited by: arriano 2007-10-17 14:33 ]

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-17 3:17 pm   Permalink

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=18729&forum=11&hilite=san%20diego%20record

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman 2007-10-17 15:18 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-17 3:23 pm   Permalink

Cheers guys, I appreciate the info. Hopefully I can get to at least a couple of them this weekend.

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-17 5:36 pm   Permalink

In the past 8 years I've bought about 100 surf cds and 10 LP's from Lou's and I live in Anaheim, near Disneyland.
I try to stop by there everytime I'm on my way to SD.

they used to have about 200 or so titles.
now its down to about 50 or so.

happy shopping.
check the used building for LP's and used cds across the parking lot.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-18 3:52 pm   Permalink

Lou's is the place. Picked up Voodoo II there about six months ago. Er, not sure if was exactly six, but anyways..

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-18 6:22 pm   Permalink

Hi- I'm not sure about the surf selection specifically, but if you're at M-Theory in Hillcrest, there are a couple other shops nearby -

Thirsty Moon - 525A Evans Place (small, but might have something. It's on the little side street right across from Record City)

Record City - 3757 6th Avenue (has a bunch of used vinyl)

And Taang! is now at 3830 Fifth Ave, San Diego (right by the Washington Mutual bank, and across from L&L Hawaiian BBQ)

Happy hunting!

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation