FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Big Chop in Babalu's Hood - Nov. 18th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Big Chop in Babalu's Hood - Nov. 18th
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 4:02 pm   Permalink

Happy Birthday Kate!

You are so sly, hope you had a great birthday chop and you are getting the animated fish light next time.

Kava is really subtle. It's like the opposite of coffee, and I found you just end up looking at things differently and sort of calming out, while the whole world goes more bright and intense. It's real spiritual. And I had really weird dreams that night, and I mean FREAKY weird dreams. That's apparently why Islanders take the stuff, it puts you in a dream space you never usually go to.

Next time, more Kava. We gots lots. Kate drinking it from a Tiki Mug - she may be the first of all time.

Bowana, maybe you should try 3000 cc's of pure Benzadrine. We'll give you an oak tree to carve.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 5:13 pm   Permalink

The kava wasn't so bad. I think using a straw is the key. Less of it actually hits your tongue. Babalu turned out to be a superior kava kneading princess.

We may need to change the name of the event to the Shop Chop. I scored some fabulous pieces from Buzzy and Bowana.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 5:21 pm   Permalink

where do you get Kava from. Sounds great

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 10:23 pm   Permalink

TeaKEY - do a search for the PIFA Chop, it was like 2 Chops ago. Maybe the best Chop of all time, the one where we scored the Kava, Islanders called Clysdalle a 'bad haole' and Billy the Crud had religous revelations! It was a two day long cartoon.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 11:50 pm   Permalink

wtf every where I go... or look....

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 11:54 pm   Permalink

KATE HAD A BIRTHDAY??? WHO KNEW. WHEN? WHERE? gesh..... ok so HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tiki Kate!!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-19 11:59 pm   Permalink

I'm so glad I made the trek, I was having some serious carving withdrawals.

Bowanna is a not human...I'm convinced he's a machine. So precise, so perfect!

Wheeler was imparting some of his knowledge to our newest carvers.

I was chopping next to these two. Tag Team Choppers: Pete & Cindy. I think they're hooked!

Another new carver...dang, I forgot your name (Alan?)

Billie looking for his keys...

Bowana and Buzzy are always willing to help.

Buzz gives some pointers...

I'm not the best person to issue advice...

Um...considering my tiki lost a finger. Sorry guys for yelling, "I lost a finger!"
I guess that's akin to yelling "Fire" in a movie theatre.

Then the Kava started to kick in!

This is your brain on Kava

Showing our Guns!

Thanks Babalu for the opening up your home for the Chop and for the yummy spicy dogs. I absolutely love my Man of War mug. The company mades the 4+ hours of driving from the San Fernando Valley to Lemon Grove worth it.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-21 12:31 pm   Permalink

Those keys ever show up?

If anyone took home a set of keys with a blue caribiner on them, let me know.

It was good seeing the few folks I saw and getting more new guys ready to carve. I just wish I'd gotten there earlier, man. Freakin' wives, man........you know.

I'm having a chop here in Kingman Arizona on Sunday if anyone can make it. Mike and Melissa will be here and I think that's going to be it.......not a lot of tiki folk live around here but if anyone from Vegas wants to come and join us for the day, we're only an hour drive south!

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-23 4:59 pm   Permalink

OMG Billy, don't kill me I have the keys. I found them yesterday in the bottom of my bag, took it to work thinking it belongs to someone from work. To make the story short I have it.
Read your PM please...

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-23 7:03 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-23 16:59, hiltiki wrote:
OMG Billy, don't kill me I have the keys.

This is the funniest thing I've read all week.

Thanks, Hilda. I really needed a good laugh today.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-23 7:48 pm   Permalink

What the hell is a "blue caribiner"????

Is it some kind of hip hepcat brand new only-in-the-know (Kate's got 6 of them) rockabilly thang?

I want one.

Bowana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-23 8:01 pm   Permalink

Oh Hilda, that is the oldest trick in the book. "Accidentally" bring the guy's keys home, and then use it as an excuse to see him again.

We're SO on to you!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-23 9:28 pm   Permalink

Billy, those are so 1998.

Like, they gave those out at the Del Mar Fair last year for free!

Where'd you get it, some Patagonia store?

Do you use keys to go rock climbing with?

Is this baiting?

Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-23 9:53 pm   Permalink

No, man.......I got my keychain from Immigration and Customs Enforcement when I went to apply as an agent. The clip says "www.ice.gov" . They're the guys that can come into your house without warrants or permission and look for undocumented folks. I decided against it after a stint with the American Border Patrol on the border of AZ and Mexico, near Douglas, AZ. Those guys are a bunch of freakin' hicks, brah.

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-23 10:38 pm   Permalink

Billy, "www.ice.gov" is the coolest keychain I've ever heard of.

Glad you're on our side. I think.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation