FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Big Chop in Babalu's Hood - Nov. 18th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Big Chop in Babalu's Hood - Nov. 18th
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-17 9:04 pm   Permalink

Awww, look at that Motley Crew!

Yep Buzz, I have wireless. It's ok Meiko...we'll miss you! But, if you show up in the morning for a second, you will still be able to say that you've made it to every Chop...right? There's only a few that can say this...Kate might be the only other?

These are crappy pictures (colors are more vibrant), but this just came out of the kiln today..."The Bird 2"...this one is all lined up to go to Hiphipahula's home...if she likes him.

PS: Buzzy, can you bring your Robi plainer?

Schooled by the finest.....Capt. K and Master G

[ This Message was edited by: Babalu 2007-11-17 21:10 ]

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-17 11:24 pm   Permalink

That picture is great. I forgot Babalu actually came to Mieko's first Chop. So did Aaron! (First in the phonebook.) And Buzz!

4WD looks kind of like a zombie, but that could be the jpeg encoding. Or maybe he's a zombie.

Hey, the 'Bird 2' picture IS crappy! The colors are WAY better, and that ain't nearly as crazy as the glazing went. You'll see.....

[ This Message was edited by: Cammo 2007-11-17 23:25 ]

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-18 12:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-17 23:24, Cammo wrote:
That picture is great. I forgot Babalu actually came to Mieko's first Chop. So did Aaron! (First in the phonebook.) And Buzz!

4WD looks kind of like a zombie, but that could be the jpeg encoding. Or maybe he's a zombie.

Hey, the 'Bird 2' picture IS crappy! The colors are WAY better, and that ain't nearly as crazy as the glazing went. You'll see.....

[ This Message was edited by: Cammo 2007-11-17 23:25 ]

ALOHA!,
Don't think I ever posted in a chop thread before, virgin! So wheres the "WAY better pic's" ??? I would love to see more AWESOME work!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-18 06:09 am   Permalink

Hey HipHip,

Glad to have you on a Chop thread! My camera sucks, or perhaps it's the guy taking the pictures that sucks...Hopefully, we'll get a few good shots of mugs today.

Next, we need to get you to a Chop

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-18 06:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-18 06:09, Babalu wrote:
Hey HipHip,

Glad to have you on a Chop thread! My camera sucks, or perhaps it's the guy taking the pictures that sucks...Hopefully, we'll get a few good shots of mugs today.

Next, we need to get you to a Chop

That's a fine idea. You should come on down, Kelly.

I'm running a little late this morning. I'm gonna start packing up the car now. See you all in a few hours.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-18 07:12 am   Permalink

6:55 am is LATE?!

Hiphophuplulu - GRAB that one before it goes, it's amazing. It has like 6 glazed eye color circles, one within the other! And the whole bird head is hand carved, one-of-a-kind! It's today's TOP PICK!

Kate & Babs are right, try to make it down!

Here's how Kate does it, she told me this last time:

1. Gas up and pack the car the night before.
2. Get to sleep early, like 8:00 pm.
3. Pre-make a pot of coffee on a timer that starts at 6:30am.
4. Put 3 alarm clocks around your bed, all set for 6:35 am.
5. Have a detailed Google map of Babalu's Hideaway waiting on the right passenger seat.
6. Don't shower. Don't look in the mirror at all.
7. Think Mug. Think Chop.
8. Break all the speed laws.
9. Get there before Buzzy every time.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-18 07:24 am   Permalink

HAVE A FINE CHOP! CHOP!!

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cannibal Sam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-11-18 1:24 pm   Permalink

just got back from hospital. my mom broke her foot so off to work i went, got her all bandaged up. pops and i were looking forward to the chop, oh well what can you do. hope you guys had a great time, we'll see you at the x mas chop. hey babaloo hope you can put a couple of mugs away for me and pops. cant wait to see photos of today.

View Profile of Cannibal Sam Send a personal message to Cannibal Sam  Email Cannibal Sam     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-18 2:26 pm   Permalink

live chop

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-18 6:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-18 07:12, Cammo wrote:

5. Have a detailed Google map of Babalu's Hideaway waiting on the right passenger seat.

Close.

3. Make sure there's Vanilla Coke Zero in the fridge. (Coffee is icky.)
4. Just one very annoying alarm clock set for 5:30 am which allows time for...
6. Take shower. Wear jeans to avoid having to shave legs.

Other than that, you got it exactly right.

It was a fabulous Chop. Sorry you couldn't make it, Cam.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-18 8:21 pm   Permalink

Thank you so much everyone for a great time, Buzzy, Babalu, Bowana Cheekygirl. thanks for all your help. I love my new mug....

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-18 8:47 pm   Permalink

ok, enough of these Sunday chops....when is the next one!!! and where are the pics!

I chopped a bit on saturday with tears in my eyes at the thought of missing all my chip chucking friends.....I finished this 5 footer..

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-18 9:55 pm   Permalink

Well, that was a banner day! It's hard to believe that we have done this every month for a whole year now...just great!

I have made some wonderful friends. You have all been great inspiration to me.

Ok, on with day....lot's of pictures here...

Kate was the first here...Kate is one die hard, hard core chopper...Go Kate, Go!

Next, Meiko showed up dressed for the ball. Thanks for dropping the pop off...Dave's bringing it back to you.

Then Wheeler showed up with this 8 footer in tow...he is dropping this commission off today...hope it got to it's new home alright. Ok, it might be just me, but doesn't this guy looks like he has a cool skyline headdress! It reminds me of Chicago :-) The skyline series...Bill?

Hi and Cheeky are the bells of the ball - for sure!

Don't forget the Bird...he's all about party lights...the kid takes after his grandpa.

Didn't get a great shoot of Bowana, but did get some close ups of his latest...This cat is a top, top shelf carver gang!

Billy made it...late, but he made it. He lost his keys if any of you find them in your stuff. Dude, you left 3 chisels here. Dang Crud boy, you has lost some weight! Good picture.

OK, somebody help me with names here...Cindy and ??Rex..no that's not it?? Anyway, this handsome couple was the hit of the day. They are hooked! They are good! You two smoke!

Buzzy...Buzzy and Simon ate hot dogs! After that, they ate some more.

Yes, hot dogs are a hit.

Dave and Maria chow down.

Buzz cuttings

Clay studio...one side, and the other...

Back yard., and some invading ants

Some Chop Chop Mugs...

The Bird 2

Little Lost Tiki's mug...this one's juicy!

his one's traveling to a Jonesey...wished I took better pictures. I like this one.

Kate drinking kava out of her birthday mug...HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE!!!

Chopper mugs that were picked from the bunch today...good choices...going to good homes all. Bill you forgot yours.

Well that's it for todays Chop. Thanks gang!

Schooled by the finest.....Capt. K and Master G

[ This Message was edited by: Babalu 2007-11-18 22:01 ]

Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-19 11:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-18 07:12, Cammo wrote:
6:55 am is LATE?!

Hiphophuplulu - GRAB that one before it goes, it's amazing. It has like 6 glazed eye color circles, one within the other! And the whole bird head is hand carved, one-of-a-kind! It's today's TOP PICK!

Kate & Babs are right, try to make it down!

LOL, I'm with Kate, Coffee sucks unless it has 1/4 cup of Carmel in and is topped with whipped cream. Ahhh Diet Coke, not Pepsi! & Yes on the bird! Lets see.... look at how cute the girls are in jeans, don't think I have ever seen you girlie's in jeans before! Me, chop! HA! I can't draw or paint, wait, tools... tools that could hurt...ummmmm.... I might be able to do that after all I am (was) musical I could maybe whistle while you all work or change the station on the radio??

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bowana
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-19 11:55 am   Permalink

Thanks Rick and everybody for another great Chop. That kava did nothing for me even though I slammed 2 coffee cups full. Hmmm.... maybe I really am a robot.

Happy birthday Kate,and thanks for the tip on the Halloween stories. What I read on that thread scared the daylights out of me last night. Read if you dare,
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=5873&forum=6&92 but don't say I didn't warn you.

The Artist Formally Known As Tikidav

[ This Message was edited by: bowana 2007-11-19 13:49 ]

View Profile of Bowana Send a personal message to Bowana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation