FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving tok-tok, German tiki thing. News + pics on pg. 7+8
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
tok-tok, German tiki thing. News + pics on pg. 7+8
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-23 08:49 am   Permalink

Aloha Tok-Tok!!!
Excellent Tikis my friend and a sweet relief carving there!!! Very nice flow all the way through, Mahalo for sharing,and look fwd to seeing more Aloha, Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-23 12:34 pm   Permalink

More Great carves Tok and I LOVE that Spaulted Birch, a bit of poly will Really bring it out!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-28 02:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-08 00:55, tok-tok wrote:
Mahalo guys,
JohnnyP: Thank you , I am really trying to get better with every new piece. Usually the ideas are condending with me and I am condending with the wood. Mostly I win somehow.

seeksurf: Now wont you stop swearing? Seriously, thank you, too. I am always willing to try something new, testing new shapes or rebuild old ones. I try to get some more symmetry in the new one but I still love to start them with only a ruff sketch on the wood or only in mind as well.

benella: Thanks, the wood must have been for the bigtoe and the marquesan, I am not sure about the other.

In the meantime I am through with the new carvings. And I managed to carve a new one too. I call it "The Pineapple". Ready to see some pictures?

It was not ready when I took the pictures, by now the head is affixed to the background.

Here are some pics of the ready-sanded, -stained and -sealed Kane.

For the Marquesan I used some red stain and fluid wax to polish it.

The form of the ears I researched from some books about southsea-art.

Finally here are the pic of the "BIGTOE". This one is for a friend.

Let me know, what you think about these.

WHERE You BEEN Tok-Tok, Been missing you 'round here!
got any new stuff?

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-28 08:23 am   Permalink

Yes! where are you?

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-10-01 06:21 am   Permalink

Ya, I'm expecting great things!

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tok-tok
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-04 5:05 pm   Permalink

Aloha in all respects.
Where did the months go? What happened? What time is it? I dont know.
I guess some of you have missed me allready.
I can see there is a lot of good stuff going on here and maybe it is time for me to stop bumming around and show you some pics of my (partly impelled)vacations from TC.

OK, I wasnt as lazy as Im saying. I did a couple of vendings and some carving shows. But not that much. Some pieces even changed owners before I could take nicer photos.
Here are some comented appetizers.

I didnt want to sell this head first, it was done every quick on a weekend at a vintage car show in my town. But the lady who saw it, wanted it nearly as it was. No stain , only a bit of sanding and some clear wax. The wood was spalted birch.

I also managed to get the cherrywood panel ready. So detail-pics will follow as it is too late today.

I have allready shown the pendants, will post some more of the framed stuff late. The sculpts where all made quite quick which lesser details as usual.

And maybe some of you remember the clear moai a couple of pages ago. I found a nice pigmented wax for him. Hes looking really aged now.

Well, who are you looking at????

The last months where kinda hard for me, as my tiki workspace had to be moved and I had to store most of my tools and equipment. Still searching for an adequate replacement.

But I forced my tattoo experiences a bit more and out came this.
Pinup-Tiki-Girl on a friend

I maybe should post this in the "Does anyone have Tiki tattoos?"topic.
Originally I wanted to have this design, but he was begging for it. So we sat down for 4 hours and out came this.

Some more pics of this and that later.
Thanks for looking.
tok-tok

View Profile of tok-tok Send a personal message to tok-tok      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Grapa-RuHa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-05 05:11 am   Permalink

Aloha Tok-tok,
Your carvings look great and its great to see another European let the chips fly.
Hope you find a place to carve soon.
Greetings,
Grapa-Ruha

View Profile of Grapa-RuHa Send a personal message to Grapa-RuHa  Goto the website of Grapa-RuHa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-06 02:38 am   Permalink

Hi my friend, I'm glad to see you're back.
Your new pieces are oustanding. I hope to see more soon !

Hats off,

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tok-tok
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-06 04:23 am   Permalink

Hi,

thanks for looking. I really missed writing but I checked TC from time to time.
@Grapa-RuHa: Thanks a lot. It is allways nice to get to know another european carver and tiki enthusiast. There are not that many over here as over there. Im actually working on finding another workspace/small room.

@ benella: Hi Benjamin. Yes, itgood to be back. Congrats to your new arrival. What a surprise.
Nice little bear was that, too.

As I said, here are some more results of my absence and som details of the cherrywood panel.

The pictures shown were the final state befor givin it away, I only put some priming oil on to bring out the natural colors of the wood. Made for indoor use only.

There was this small piece of birch with the stripes in it. I did what Benzart suggested and put some layers of poly on it. Additionally used a waterbased stain which was standing outside in the cold for to long and actually was destroyed/ lost nearly all pigments. The result was a light grey that combines very nice with the wood.

I got the idea of framing some of my pieces from a friend, who also took part at the surfbeat artshow in march this year, KRAZY-TIKI-Art.
I was really stoked of the results he sended over to me and decided the use this idea as well. Ok, framed art is nothing new here, I know.

These two are made of pieces from recycled outdoor furniture

Hodad-Tiki

And this picuture was the hardest piece of basswood I ever carved.
I refused to put many details in it, I simply gave up.

Another tiki inspired piece of skin-art at last. Part of a bigger project in progress.

Mahalos,
tok-tok

View Profile of tok-tok Send a personal message to tok-tok      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-10 09:47 am   Permalink

Oh there you were! great new stuff!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-10 12:45 pm   Permalink

Great new stuff. Nice to see you back! I like the pineapple! The pineapples often don't look like they fit in with the tikis very well, but you pulled it off perfectly! Good job.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-10 1:25 pm   Permalink

Man-Oh-Man, Tok, LOVE the Tat works, Just Awesome work. I see the tick-tock has been getting away from you recently (me too) really Happy to see so much work though. Love the Tiki Pin-up girl too.
Stay Around!

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-10 4:13 pm   Permalink

Right On! Good to hear from you. Looks like you
have been busy.

I love the cherry wood carve NICE and I really
like the tat of the wood lady COOL.
Keep in touch.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tark
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-14 12:19 pm   Permalink

Good to see you back on here.
I'm glad all is well, and that you have been busy. Its always good to see the european carvings..

Regards

Tark

View Profile of Trader Tark Send a personal message to Trader Tark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tok-tok
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-14 10:27 am   Permalink

Half a year now since my last picture upload here on TC. That is what I call lousy, but I could not help it. Had some personal problems which I dont want to extend to much here.
I found a place to store my workbenches and some of my tools but did not manage to carve something big again.
So I spent my time at the living room table. Here are parts of the results.
Small ones, between 3 and 7 cm in height, that must be 1,18 and 2,75 inch.

I left these two above unstained, only rubbed some colored wax on, which as I think gave them a nice vintage look.

With putting some stain on the last I got the feeling that they lost their details. I hope you can see enough. Sorry for not having any progress pics.

I miss carving big projects much. Hope I will find a way. And also hoping, I not to rusted in...
It is a real shame that I stayed away from here for so long. You will get some more pictures as soon as possible. Maybe tomorrow.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation